Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Flaming Lips To Release 24 Hour Song Packaged In A Human Skull on Halloween

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
http://pitchfork.com/news/44161-the-flaming-lips-to-encase-24-hour-song-in-human-skull/

The Flaming Lips to Encase 24-Hour Song in Human Skull
The stunts continue
By Carrie Battan, September 29, 2011 4:45 p.m. CT
The Flaming Lips to Encase 24-Hour Song in Human Skull

Yes, you're reading this correctly. Following the release of their charitable six-hour song, the Flaming Lips will record a 24-hour track and encase five of the recordings (which will be placed on hard drives) in human skulls, reports O Music Awards. Frontman Wayne Coyne says the song is a work-in-progress, but that "it's a song about death and it's a song about fucking and it's a song about life." As far as procuring the skulls, Coyne mentions a local Oklahoma City institution: "There's a place in town that's called Skulls Unlimited that's been here for almost as long as the Flaming Lips have been here, and it sells human skulls." Appropriately, the track's scheduled for release at midnight on Halloween.

Below, stream the first segment of the six-hour song, titled "I Found a Star on the Ground".

I've always hated the hippie jam band genre (i.e. Phish & Widespread Panic), but always liked these guys. They're weird as fuck (obviously, in case you didn't catch that from the title of this thread). I like that. Saw them live once and it was easily on my Top 5 list of best bands I've ever seen live, and that's saying a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
I actually like them as well.

I thought The W.A.N.D. was super original.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Love the Lips and certainly do NOT put them in the Phish/Panic wasteland genre.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

I've never seen them live, but I've never once thought of the Flaming Lips in the same genre as Phish/Panic/Cheese/ShittyMusic. 

But I must say, a 24 hour song is a stupid idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
I've never seen them live, but I've never once thought of the Flaming Lips in the same genre as Phish/Panic/Cheese/ShittyMusic. 

But I must say, a 24 hour song is a stupid idea.
I guess because they were always playing Bonaroo its early days when I would refer to hippie music as "Bonaroo music". I guess they're a "Psychadelic" band. Their show is meant to be watched on acid.

Ween is another band I like that kind of sort of falls into that category for the same reason, but similarly I don't think they really fit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions