Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Occupy Oakland

Occupy Oakland
« on: October 24, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »
 :rofl:

A lady I work with insists that the overwhelming majority of the Occupy movement is comprised of hard working, common American citizens who just want fairness in the tax code and fat cats to stop taking advantage of the poor. 

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/24/is-occupy-oakland-as-bad-as-they-say/?singlepage=true
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Occupy Oakland
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »

A lady I work with insists that the overwhelming majority of the Occupy movement is comprised of hard working, common American citizens who just want fairness in the tax code and fat cats to stop taking advantage of the poor. 

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/24/is-occupy-oakland-as-bad-as-they-say/?singlepage=true

Either the bolded above is totally false or these people have the best vacation benefits I have ever seen. Think about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »
Either the bolded above is totally false or these people have the best vacation benefits I have ever seen. Think about it.

Just what I was going to day.  Know why I'm not at Occupy (other than the fact that I disagree with the message)?  Because I have a job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 04:46:15 PM »
Jesus Christ.  Maybe we don't deserve freedom. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »
Jesus Christ.  Maybe we don't deserve freedom.

Well, it is a heavy fuckin' fee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »

As you obviously know, that lady you work with doesn't know what she's talking about.  This is occurring throughout Europe and Canada as well and represents the dregs of society.

Last week, the hotel where I was staying in Toronto was only a few blocks away from the park where their batch of occupy clowns are staying.  On Thursday, I noticed this brand new BMW 5 series in a parking lot next to the park.  I watched this guy climb out of one of the tents, pull stuff out of the trunk (or boot) and take it back to his tent.  What's this guy whining about if he can afford a BMW 5 series? 

Oh...  And, everyone is smoking pot. You can probably get stoned if you walk close enough to the area.

As for fairness in the tax code, share the following with this wingnut...
In 1990, the top 1% earned 14% of all reported income and paid 25% of all federal income taxes.
In 2000, the top 1% earned 21% of all reported income and paid 37% of all federal income taxes.
In 2005, the top 1% earned 21% of all reported income and paid 39% of all federal income taxes.
Also...
In 1990, the top 5% earned 27% of all reported income and paid 44% of all federal income taxes.
In 2000, the top 5% earned 35% of all reported income and paid 56% of all federal income taxes.
In 2005, the top 5% earned 36% of all reported income and paid 60% of all federal income taxes. 

The top wage earners might be earning a bit more than they did 20 years ago, but they're also paying a lot more in federal taxes than they did 20 years ago. 

You can run your own analysis with these numbers...
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/05in05tr.xls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
As you obviously know, that lady you work with doesn't know what she's talking about.  This is occurring throughout Europe and Canada as well and represents the dregs of society.

Last week, the hotel where I was staying in Toronto was only a few blocks away from the park where their batch of occupy clowns are staying.  On Thursday, I noticed this brand new BMW 5 series in a parking lot next to the park.  I watched this guy climb out of one of the tents, pull stuff out of the trunk (or boot) and take it back to his tent.  What's this guy whining about if he can afford a BMW 5 series? 

Oh...  And, everyone is smoking pot. You can probably get stoned if you walk close enough to the area.

As for fairness in the tax code, share the following with this wingnut...
In 1990, the top 1% earned 14% of all reported income and paid 25% of all federal income taxes.
In 2000, the top 1% earned 21% of all reported income and paid 37% of all federal income taxes.
In 2005, the top 1% earned 21% of all reported income and paid 39% of all federal income taxes.
Also...
In 1990, the top 5% earned 27% of all reported income and paid 44% of all federal income taxes.
In 2000, the top 5% earned 35% of all reported income and paid 56% of all federal income taxes.
In 2005, the top 5% earned 36% of all reported income and paid 60% of all federal income taxes. 

The top wage earners might be earning a bit more than they did 20 years ago, but they're also paying a lot more in federal taxes than they did 20 years ago. 

You can run your own analysis with these numbers...
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/05in05tr.xls

Screw those facts. They get in the way of their ideology aka bitching and moaning wanting freebies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE