Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Small batch bourbons

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Small batch bourbons
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
The sticky sweetness of the high fructose corn sugar goes well with all the above - signed Snaggie.

You get me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

I am kind of like Michaleen Flynn from Quite man: "When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water. "  I love the taste of the charred oak, the burn of the spices and the nutty, toffee flavors that you get from your higher end bourbons.

I don't drink water.  People wash their feet in that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »
Currently drinking a Blanton's bourbon down on Bourbon Street as I watch the freak show go by.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
I ran across this recently, I think it could be a worthwhile project:

http://www.woodinvillewhiskeyco.com/products/age-your-own-whiskey-kit/

Rather than using the supplied whiskey, I would prefer to find some local shine to add to the barrel. Also they will not ship this product to North Carolina or Alabama, fuckers.... However, I can have it shipped to friends in South Carolina and arrange a pick up.  Thinks it's worth $150 smackers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:03 AM »
I ran across this recently, I think it could be a worthwhile project:

http://www.woodinvillewhiskeyco.com/products/age-your-own-whiskey-kit/

Rather than using the supplied whiskey, I would prefer to find some local shine to add to the barrel. Also they will not ship this product to North Carolina or Alabama, fuckers.... However, I can have it shipped to friends in South Carolina and arrange a pick up.  Thinks it's worth $150 smackers?

A few months, no, a few years, yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
A few months, no, a few years, yes.

Agreed, I would let it sit for a bit longer.

Snag could age his with a delicious coke product already mixed in...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »
Agreed, I would let it sit for a bit longer.

Snag could age his with a delicious coke product already mixed in...

I pour no delicious coke product before its time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
Have a buddy that is closing on his house and will be having a house warming party coming up.  Called the lick-her store earlier to see if they had and when they would be having some more Pappy 20 year in.  Said it would be there the first weekend in Nov and I would be #37 on the waiting list and that unless about 15 people canceled there would be no way I could get a bottle.   He said once people figured out this was the last run of the "original" that people want it.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Honestly, I guess that's just the way I was raised. My mom and pops always came home from work, turned on the 6:00 news and eased back with a CC and 7.  If they drank anything else, it was something like a screwdriver or a Bloody Mary.  You just mixed stuff.  I never really took the time to try and develop a taste for any liquor straight up.  In college, it wasn't about enjoying the flavors or intracasies of a fine bourbon or rum.  It was about making it taste good so you could get toe up from da' flo up.

Over the last year or so, I've been going to a lick her store a friend of mine opened.  A couple of times a week, he'll pour us up a glass or 3 over ice.  Mostly different bourbons he's gotten in and wants to try.  I'll admit, I've found a few that are fairly enjoyable with nothing more than a melted cube or two to dilute it.  But I still find about 3/4 or 67% of them too harsh to make me want to sit down and enjoy sipping on them. One that stood out the other day was a Woodforde Double Oak.  Actually had real flavor and no burn on the finish.   

This used to be me, but now I enjoy the taste. I started on Knob Creek and Makers, with a splash of water to cut the taste a little. You can still taste the bourbon but it is not as strong. Once you start acquiring a taste for that, you don't dilute it as much. Then you can move to other bourbons and really figure out what you preferences are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
Decided to try something a little different, Bernheim Original wheat whiskey produced by Heaven Hill distillery. Nice, smooth little drink. The additional wheat cuts down on the typical alcohol burn. If you ever spot it locally it is definitely worth a try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »
Decided to try something a little different, Bernheim Original wheat whiskey produced by Heaven Hill distillery. Nice, smooth little drink. The additional wheat cuts down on the typical alcohol burn. If you ever spot it locally it is definitely worth a try.

Russell Reserve, you tried it yet?  It's not bad, but it's not something that makes me go, wow!, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
Russell Reserve, you tried it yet?  It's not bad, but it's not something that makes me go, wow!, either.

Haven't tried it, that is a Turkey(Nichols) product right?

I'm currently trying to find something new for our Thanksgiving drink. My BIL and I have
a tradition of frying the turkey and consuming large quantities of some sort of whiskey. Still looking searching for this years selection. At the moment Craig is in the lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Haven't tried it, that is a Turkey(Nichols) product right?

I'm currently trying to find something new for our Thanksgiving drink. My BIL and I have
a tradition of frying the turkey and consuming large quantities of some sort of whiskey. Still looking searching for this years selection. At the moment Craig is in the lead.

It is an Austin Nichols product.  It's not bad. 

Craig isn't bad but neither is Woodford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
The lick-her store had something new today that I thought I would try, Larceny bourbon. It's produced by Heaven Hill. Price tag was $24 but it had a $10 mail-in rebate attached. Can't wait to get home and try it out!                                                                                                                           
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
The lick-her store had something new today that I thought I would try, Larceny bourbon. It's produced by Heaven Hill. Price tag was $24 but it had a $10 mail-in rebate attached. Can't wait to get home and try it out!                                                                                                                         

I can't wait to get home and try whoever that is in your avatar out. 

Report back with the details of this whiskey.  I would like to know more about it.  What did you go with for Thanksgiving?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

Report back with the details of this whiskey.  I would like to know more about it.  What did you go with for Thanksgiving?

That lovely lady is Gemma Atkinson, I'll see her this afternoon and send your regards.

I brought a bottle of Bulleit and a liter of Crown down with us. My BIL(lives in Nashville) brought a bottle of a TN Whiskey distilled in Nashvegas, Collier & McKeel. Pure piss-water...I tried to drink it on the rocks and it was a no go. Snags would be proud, I added some Coke Zero to the mix to make it palatable. I didn't touch that shit the rest of the day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:06:29 PM by MarkChand »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
That lovely lady is Gemma Atkinson, I'll see her this afternoon and send your regards.

I brought a bottle of Bulleit and a liter of Crown down with us. My BIL(lives in Nashville) brought a bottle of a TN Whiskey distilled in Nashvegas, Collier & McKeel. Pure piss-water...I tried to drink it on the rocks and it was a no go. Snags would be proud, I added some Coke Zero to the mix to make it palatable. I didn't touch that shit the rest of the day.

atta-boy :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »

Happy Friday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
Happy Friday

I'd be more than willing to help clean that dirt off of her. :tongue:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
Happy Friday

Wait....you're gonna' see HER this afternoon?  I'll PM you my cell #
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions