Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Small batch bourbons

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Small batch bourbons
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Elijah Craig is 12 year is now my go to bourbon, you just can't go wrong with it. The guy at the local liqour store said the E. Craig 18 year was the best bottle of bourbon they have in the store. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, it's in the $50 range also. Why pay $50 for one great bottle when you can get two very good bottles for the same price?

Another bourbon that I tried recently, quite similar to E. Craig, is 1792 Ridegmont Reserve. Same price point as Craig. Give it a shot if you ever see it.

An 18 year whiskey for only 50.00? Damn. Thats a steal. Most of the ones I drink are well over 100.00 per bottle for 18 yr and up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
Elijah Craig is 12 year is now my go to bourbon, you just can't go wrong with it. The guy at the local liqour store said the E. Craig 18 year was the best bottle of bourbon they have in the store. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, it's in the $50 range also. Why pay $50 for one great bottle when you can get two very good bottles for the same price?

Another bourbon that I tried recently, quite similar to E. Craig, is 1792 Ridegmont Reserve. Same price point as Craig. Give it a shot if you ever see it.

The 18 year Craig is the best bourbon that I have ever sipped for the price.  It's in the same price range as Bookers, Bakers, Knob, Makers46, Jeffersons and a couple of others at the lick-her store I frequent.  But Craig 12 year is going to be in my cabinet at all times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
The 18 year Craig is the best bourbon that I have ever sipped for the price.  It's in the same price range as Bookers, Bakers, Knob, Makers46, Jeffersons and a couple of others at the lick-her store I frequent.  But Craig 12 year is going to be in my cabinet at all times.

yeah, for 50 bucks I would agree. That's pretty damn thrifty for 18 year.

Ive bought 8 and 12 years for more than that. There is a reason I buy 18 yr Glenfidditch and Jameson sparingly. I may actually try some of this 18 yr Craig you speak of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
yeah, for 50 bucks I would agree. That's pretty damn thrifty for 18 year.

Ive bought 8 and 12 years for more than that. There is a reason I buy 18 yr Glenfidditch and Jameson sparingly. I may actually try some of this 18 yr Craig you speak of.

If you want to dog cuss bourbon, then Craig 18 year is not for you.  It will make you like my Scotch drinking boss.  I offered him a shot of it, he hates most bourbon, took one sip and said "DAMN!" with a pissed off look.  I asked him "Do you not like it" and his response was "No, I like it but it goes down way to smooth and it's at a good price."  He adds it to his collection now days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
If you want to dog cuss bourbon, then Craig 18 year is not for you.  It will make you like my Scotch drinking boss.  I offered him a shot of it, he hates most bourbon, took one sip and said "DAMN!" with a pissed off look.  I asked him "Do you not like it" and his response was "No, I like it but it goes down way to smooth and it's at a good price."  He adds it to his collection now days.

Anything that is 18 yr, whether its Bourbon, Tenn or Irish/Scotch whiskey better go down smooth. At that age, it really doesn't matter as much, as its all good quality. Never had Craig, but I can assure myself blindly that 18 yr Craig will not resemble Beam in the least bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
Anything that is 18 yr, whether its Bourbon, Tenn or Irish/Scotch whiskey better go down smooth. At that age, it really doesn't matter as much, as its all good quality. Never had Craig, but I can assure myself blindly that 18 yr Craig will not resemble Beam in the least bit.

You take that back!  Beam Devils Cut and Red Stag are the two best whiskey's eva!     :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »
You take that back!  Beam Devils Cut and Red Stag are the two best whiskey's eva!     :puke:

If it tastes good to me, I'm down with it. So if Craig 18 yr is good n smooth for 50.00? Great. That said, I am not down with anything Beam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
If it tastes good to me, I'm down with it. So if Craig 18 yr is good n smooth for 50.00? Great. That said, I am not down with anything Beam.

Small Batch only when it comes to Beam.  Have you ever tried the Woodford's Reserve?  Another fine KY product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
Small Batch only when it comes to Beam.  Have you ever tried the Woodford's Reserve?  Another fine KY product.

You said KY...huh huh. 

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Why AUT1's teeth are so sparkly.

Manufactured by Poynter Products, Inc., Cincinnati, OH. in 1954
SIX PROOF toothpastes. Contain real alcohol - no more than 3% alcohol by wt., 2.6 oz

This toothpaste was invented by Don Poynter and was his first big novelty product. He needed $10,000 to start manufacturing this toothpaste. His fellow alum Bob Boeh gave him a bank loan, although Bob's father, who also worked at the bank, nearly killed him. It turned into the country's biggest novelty seller at the time. Life magazine ran photos, and Don Poynter was featured on "What's My Line?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
MarkChand must be drunk again.  Not one update in a while.

I have drank the Pappy Van Winkle 12 and 15 year and they are delicious.  I had the privilege of trying the 20 year for the first time every last week and..................Jesus De Christos!  That is by far the best bourbon I have ever had.  Snaggle, you wouldn't even need coke product.  Smoothest by far.  I have got to get my hands on a bottle of that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »

I have drank the Pappy Van Winkle 12 and 15 year and they are delicious.  I had the privilege of trying the 20 year for the first time every last week and..................Jesus De Christos!  That is by far the best bourbon I have ever had.  Snaggle, you wouldn't even need coke product.  Smoothest by far.  I have got to get my hands on a bottle of that!

I think my Lick Her store might have it.  Not sure what year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
I think my Lick Her store might have it.  Not sure what year.

If it's the 20, get ready to lay a Benjamin and then some on the counter.  It's not cheap. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »

I've been searching for Pappy but have never ran across it in any store or restaurant. That stuff is as elusive as Jim and his damn dream catchers.

I haven't had anything new in a while, my local store doesn't have anything super rare, I've been sticking with Elijiah Craig recently. I did pick up a new bottle of Booker's a few weeks back. This batch checks in at 130 proof and you feel every bit of it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »
I've been searching for Pappy but have never ran across it in any store or restaurant. That stuff is as elusive as Jim and his damn dream catchers.

I haven't had anything new in a while, my local store doesn't have anything super rare, I've been sticking with Elijiah Craig recently. I did pick up a new bottle of Booker's a few weeks back. This batch checks in at 130 proof and you feel every bit of it!

Bookers is a little rough for me.  The Pappy is about $110-$150 a bottle for the 20 year.  Not something you want to sit there and pound on, but it's so smooth you could easily go through a bottle before you knew it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
If it's the 20, get ready to lay a Benjamin and then some on the counter.  It's not cheap.

What 20 year is? If you get a 20 year for under 100 bucks you may want to question whats in the bottle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »
What 20 year is? If you get a 20 year for under 100 bucks you may want to question whats in the bottle.

None that I know of, I just don't know if any other burrbinz partakers know this or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
None that I know of, I just don't know if any other burrbinz partakers know this or not.

I've never had a 20 year bourbon, but I can understand the Benjamin+ price tag that it would sport. This makes the 18 year Elijiah Craig seem like a steal, @ $50-60 depending on the store.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

I've never had a 20 year bourbon, but I can understand the Benjamin+ price tag that it would sport. This makes the 18 year Elijiah Craig seem like a steal, @ $50-60 depending on the store.

That IS a steal. Ive bought 12 yr whiskeys for more than that. I will try some Craig one day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »

The 18 year Craig is a steal.  I think the 12 year is a steal as well.  For the price, those two are hard to beat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions