Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Our beatwriter....

JR4AU

Re: Our beatwriter....
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
I can't help it GH. The coaches made the statement that they intended to put players in a position where they could succeed. And this is simply not the case with Trotter. He can run the Todd version of the N.H. but that hasn't been an option.
This is exactly as it appears, a band aid of sorts until Frazier is ready. I don't have a problem with that. But Trotter was named the starter under the assumption that he won the job. He has now become the whipping boy for the fans with his increasingly poor play. "The packages" for Frazier are QB draws that Trotter can't execute.   

I think Malzahn is as good a play caller as there is in cfb, great offensive mind, but why can't we throw it? Why can't we run any kind of pattern from this style of offense? Clemson does it. They run short stuff to get the ball in Watkins' hands and let him do the rest. Arkansas does much the same only they have four playmakers.

How can I conveniently lay it on Trotter when he is being asked to run the offense of Cam Newton?
And how rigid are we when Clint Moseley isn't an option?

Fuckin' shit you have no clue what you're talking about.  Cam Newton version?  Chris Todd version?  Barrett Trotter version?  Going on and on about "double moves"?   Funny thing is I think you actually believe you know what you're talking about.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »
I have more hair on my upper lip than he does.

Ew.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
I can't help it GH. The coaches made the statement that they intended to put players in a position where they could succeed. And this is simply not the case with Trotter. He can run the Todd version of the N.H. but that hasn't been an option.
This is exactly as it appears, a band aid of sorts until Frazier is ready. I don't have a problem with that. But Trotter was named the starter under the assumption that he won the job. He has now become the whipping boy for the fans with his increasingly poor play. "The packages" for Frazier are QB draws that Trotter can't execute.   

I think Malzahn is as good a play caller as there is in cfb, great offensive mind, but why can't we throw it? Why can't we run any kind of pattern from this style of offense? Clemson does it. They run short stuff to get the ball in Watkins' hands and let him do the rest. Arkansas does much the same only they have four playmakers.

How can I conveniently lay it on Trotter when he is being asked to run the offense of Cam Newton?
And how rigid are we when Clint Moseley isn't an option?

I just don't think that is a set in stone statement by the coaches.

Tubs also said that about Daniel Cobb/Jason Campbell

Apparently Trotter pushed Cam last spring as well. We see how that turned out.

I have no doubt the guy can light it up in practice. Some guys have a game face. And there are some things that will only come out in the game - intangibles.

Texas is also a great example of this in 2 ways. Both McCoys.

Colt was thrown out there his freshman year although he was outplayed in practice. Same with his brother Case and David Ash. They were both outperformed by Garrett Gilbert in practice. Once Mack went the other direction, it was much improvement because those guys were gamers. Aside from the OU game, they have looked light years better than Gilbert, who is now xfering.

We're never gonna see what Kiehl can do until we throw him in there for a few games, let him shake off some kinks, learn from his mistakes and get in a rhythm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
Fuckin' shit you have no clue what you're talking about.  Cam Newton version?  Chris Todd version?  Barrett Trotter version?  Going on and on about "double moves"?   Funny thing is I think you actually believe you know what you're talking about.   :facepalm:
Then I take it you think the offense hasn't changed by your smartassed remarks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions