Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Love Herman Cain

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: I Love Herman Cain
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
I've been on the Cain Train since Day 1.  Here's Herman discussing the OWS protests:

Yes you have.  I have liked him since the SC debates on Fox.  (I think SC was the first ones they aired)  I knew nothing about him other than reading his bio before the debate.  He impressed me that night, but I never thought he would gain any momentum.  Figured it was Romney all the way, but he is gaining and I am happy for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
You guys are seeing what i saw a while ago. I used to listen to Herman on the radio coming home from work at night. When I first heard him, I kept waiting for the librul black victim agenda. It never materialized. The more I listened, the more I heard a man who thought like me. A BLACK man who thought like me. For years I have worked with all races and have found that when you get to a certain level of professionalism,  the issues become stability and money. Not race.
Herman epitomizes these ideas and can approach the race issue from a been there done that perspective. I have no problem at all voting for him as a conservative. The black part of it gives the ideas more acceptance. There is no racial agenda attached. Unlike the ONE, who used race to get to white house. If Cain and Newt were to team up, that would make a very stout conservative duo.
I love to hear him answer the critics. Politics as usual does not describe him.

My son was 13 (15 now) when he first heard Herman. He looked at me and said, "Dad. That guy makes perfect sense. I can't argue with anything he said."  If a kid can get it, maybe a nation can too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »
You guys are seeing what i saw a while ago. I used to listen to Herman on the radio coming home from work at night. When I first heard him, I kept waiting for the librul black victim agenda. It never materialized. The more I listened, the more I heard a man who thought like me. A BLACK man who thought like me. For years I have worked with all races and have found that when you get to a certain level of professionalism,  the issues become stability and money. Not race.
Herman epitomizes these ideas and can approach the race issue from a been there done that perspective. I have no problem at all voting for him as a conservative. The black part of it gives the ideas more acceptance. There is no racial agenda attached. Unlike the ONE, who used race to get to white house. If Cain and Newt were to team up, that would make a very stout conservative duo.
I love to hear him answer the critics. Politics as usual does not describe him.

My son was 13 (15 now) when he first heard Herman. He looked at me and said, "Dad. That guy makes perfect sense. I can't argue with anything he said."  If a kid can get it, maybe a nation can too.

Racist... 

"Herb" really needs to step it up, if there is any chance.  I have no doubt that he'd beat O'bama silly in a debate, and if given the opportunity, he'd win the White House.  I don't trust Newt anymore.  He's no longer the Conservative that he was during 90s.  He's not really serious about this anyway.  I'm guessing that he's just doing this for a TV show, sort of like Huck... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 11:49:49 AM »
Well, I didn't catch the debate in it's entirety, but I'm a little disappointed that "Herb" announced his support for the first TARP.  He explained his position fairly well, but I don't fully agree with him.  Most government spending is foolish...  And Barry's execution of TARP II was smoke-and-mirrors and Leftist socio-economic engineering. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
Well, I didn't catch the debate in it's entirety, but I'm a little disappointed that "Herb" announced his support for the first TARP.  He explained his position fairly well, but I don't fully agree with him.  Most government spending is foolish...  And Barry's execution of TARP II was smoke-and-mirrors and Leftist socio-economic engineering.

I didn't get to watch, but heard that Cain was bashed pretty hard for the 9-9-9 plan and looked weak, Bachman nailed it, and Romney basically danced around questions and threw out his accomplishments, pimped himself and threw out a bunch of promises as well.  Any truth to that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 12:36:34 PM »
I didn't get to watch, but heard that Cain was bashed pretty hard for the 9-9-9 plan and looked weak, Bachman nailed it, and Romney basically danced around questions and threw out his accomplishments, pimped himself and threw out a bunch of promises as well.  Any truth to that?

Cain was challenged on the 9-9-9 plan, but in an adolescent way.  None of it seemed really serious, and the attacks were weak and shallow.  I do believe that Cain should have come out stronger, but even if Cain were to win, I don't think this 9-9-9 plan would ever become reality, which may be the reason for the silly attacks. 

Bachman just needs to stay home at this point.  She doesn't have a chance.  Huntsman and Johnson have nothing useful to say either.  Perry...  Why is he even up there?  At this point, it seems to be more for Romney, Cain and <gulp> Paul.  Newt is always the "smartest man in the room", but he would never be elected. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »

I felt just the opposite. Cain DID mention 999 a lot but...In Cain's defense, he was invoked a lot in others' responses about the 999 plan. So he had to respond.

Bachmann looked as weak as she ever has IMHO. She is starting to sound like a broken record with the same politician talking points every debate.

Romney was polished as usual. He looked good to me.

Perry - he's done. The condescending facial expressions are getting old. He seemed lost. And contradicted himself 2-3 times. Plus, most of his statements were factually inaccurate.

Hunstman - nice guy but I think way to liberal in some facets to win over the GOP Primary base.

Santorum - guy needs to get off the moral train. You cant legislate morality - someone tell him this.

Paul - I understand his message on the Fed and he is correct. But he is seriously flawed in how he conveys his message. He comes across looking like a moonbat as Tarheel says. He has no shot.

Newt - I think would make a great economic advisor or VP. Super high economic IQ. I enjoy listening to him. But he has no shot and he knows it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:55:03 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Yeah, I need to go back and watch.  I was reading what some others were saying and that seemed to be the case, but from here it seems they were off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
I felt just the opposite. Cain DID mention 999 a lot but...In Cain's defense, he was invoked a lot in others' responses about the 999 plan. So he had to respond.

Bachmann looked as weak as she ever has IMHO. She is starting to sound like a broken record with the same politician talking points every debate.

Romney was polished as usual. He looked good to me.

Perry - he's done. The condescending facial expressions are getting old. He seemed lost. And contradicted himself 2-3 times. Plus, most of his statements were factually inaccurate.

Hunstman - nice guy but I think way to liberal in some facets to win over the GOP Primary base.

Santorum - guy needs to get off the moral train. You cant legislate morality - someone tell him this.

Paul - I understand his message on the Fed and he is correct. But he is seriously flawed in how he conveys his message. He comes across looking like a moonbat as Tarheel says. He has no shot.

Newt - I think would make a great economic advisor or VP. Super high economic IQ. I enjoy listening to him. But he has no shot and he knows it.

This is pretty much spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions