I Love Herman Cain

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
I Love Herman Cain
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »
Watch all 23 minutes, it is well worth your time on 2 points:

1.  The media is so blatantly biased against the right
2.  Herman has his shit together and can take all the heat that is going to come his way.

I especially loved the attack on his "dodging" service in Vietnam that comes about the 18 minute mark

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/06/fireworks_msnbcs_lawrence_odonnell_hostile_interview_with_herman_cain.html
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:10:21 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: I Love Herman Cain
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
I prefer Gary Johnson and Jon Huntsman, but that appears to be a lost cause at this point.

Devil's advocate. Genuinely curious.

If many of you guys gave Obama shit for his only experience being a "community organizer", (and Illinois & US Senates, & Foreign Relations Committee), how is the Godfather's Pizza guy more qualified?

He is definitely a no-bullshit straight-talker, but is that enough? Is he just another talking-points machine ala Palin?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:05:01 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
Just watched the clip.

O'Donell's a douche. Especially the draft question you were talking about.

You'd think his answer about how his draft board telling him he was best served working for the Navy with rocket assisted projectiles during the war, would be enough to STFU, but instead he goes full asshole by shouting about how he's offended that he didn't enlist to be on the front line overseas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
I prefer Gary Johnson, that appears to be a lost cause at this point.

If many of you guys gave Obama shit for his only experience being a "community organizer", (and Illinois & US Senates, & Foreign Relations Committee), how is the Godfather's Pizza guy more qualified?

He is definitely a no-bullshit straight-talker, but is that enough? Is he just another talking-points machine ala Palin?

I reside in the vote all the career politician bums out of office club.  Therefore a guy like Cain is just what is needed.  He is a no nonsense, straight shooter that believes in smaller gov't and personal responsibility.  If you believe that all Herman has done is be the CEO of Godfathers, you are buying the liberal mainstream definition of him.  Herman is a true businessman, he took the worst region of Burger King and turned it into the most profitable division, as well as many other corporate accomplishments.

The biggest thing that Herman has that Barack never had.....He has actually had a job in the real world.  Screw career politicians, it's time to get our house in order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
Ok, the Godfathers and Burger King guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »

As opposed to the organizer in chief?

In all reality, with all his flaws, I would rather have Newt.  However, he seems to be labeled unelectable.  Newt is the only person on either side with the knowledge and experience to move us in the right direction (he knows how the system works). 

A person like Romney (whom I voted for last time) is still a "government can solve all our problems type" (see Romneycare).  I'm tired of that mentality.

I would love to see a Cain Gingrich ticket.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:15:27 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
Cain definitely has his shit together.  This is the first time I've seen him talk, and it's the first I've heard about the tax plan.  I'll most likely be voting for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »
"If you don't have a job, and you're not rich, blame yourself."  - Herman Cain.

I like Herman Cain for comments like this, but they also turn me off. 

This is what we all want to say to those people who are on welfare and are mooching off of the government and are expecting people with money to be forced to give it to them. 

But there are also people out there without jobs and without money because of the state of the economy. 

So I appreciate the gall, but I'm still desiring a plan of action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
That MSNBC guy is a douche of the highest order - he's going to take offense on behalf of those who volunteered during Vietnam, yet what the hell was he doing then?  At least Cain was assisting the war effort, and was obviously more valuable with a slide rule than a rifle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
CEO of 2 corporations + rocket scientist + mathmetician > community organizer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
That MSNBC guy is a douche of the highest order - he's going to take offense on behalf of those who volunteered during Vietnam, yet what the hell was he doing then?  At least Cain was assisting the war effort, and was obviously more valuable with a slide rule than a rifle.

Every question he asked was an attempt to back Cain into a corner. 

"What were you doing during the Freedom Riders movement?  Why didn't you participate?"

"How do you feel about Hank Williams Jr. comparing Obama to Hitler?"

Cain handled the questions rather well. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

"What were you doing during the Freedom Riders movement?  Why didn't you participate?"

Asking the questions can be attributed to "just doing his job" - being a petulant puss when Cain doesn't fail in his response is just being a douche
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 03:45:43 AM »

The difference is pretty clear.  Do you think that a community agitator and committee member is more capable of leading the country, or do you think that a leader from the free-market system is better able?  I'm going with the leader... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
I prefer Gary Johnson and Jon Huntsman, but that appears to be a lost cause at this point.

He's run a fucking business and been successful at it in a difficult and competitive market.  He's had to figure out how to keep him and his employees fed and clothed. 

He's had to look at his staff and make hard decisions in order to maintain productivity and morale.  He's had to adapt in order to keep his businesses going. 

He's had to learn how to manage his money so that it is applied to the places it does the most good. 

If you've never owned your own business and had to rely on your own wits to survive; had to deal with the daily stresses of people and financial management; had to rely only on what you earn; had to work and work hard..... you have no idea what that's like and what it takes to survive every day. 

A fucking "community organizer" takes other people's money, money they did nothing to earn, and shoves it up a wild hog's ass. 

Big difference. 

A business guy -- one who's successful -- understands economic realities because the pennies were his.  A "community organizer" doesn't because in his mind, they just appear by magic (or after you shake down somebody who has money).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »

Just now got around to watching this video.  Was great.  I agree with the above post.  He was asked loaded questions, kept his cool, never got angry and answered all the questions very well.

Of course it was an MSNBC interview and I didn't expect any different and I didn't expect them to fact check everything.  You would have thought would have learned their lesson after Mo Brooks bitch slapped Contessa Brewer.  Guess not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
Just now got around to watching this video.  Was great.  I agree with the above post.  He was asked loaded questions, kept his cool, never got angry and answered all the questions very well.

Of course it was an MSNBC interview and I didn't expect any different and I didn't expect them to fact check everything.  You would have thought would have learned their lesson after Mo Brooks bitch slapped Contessa Brewer.  Guess not.

You have been reported to AttackWatch.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 04:01:58 PM »
You have been reported to AttackWatch.com

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
I've been on the Cain Train since Day 1.  Here's Herman discussing the OWS protests:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
I've been on the Cain Train since Day 1.  Here's Herman discussing the OWS protests:

Bunch of freaking John Lennon's "Imagine" loving, commie retards that want everything free and easy. Screw them. I hope they all catch teh goat aids or fall off a bridge and do society a favor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
Here's Herman on Hannity last night: