Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Frazier is This Season's Future Part 2

Frazier is This Season's Future Part 2
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
After another mediocre performance by QB Barrett Trotter on Saturday, some fans are clamoring for Auburn to give freshman QB Kiehl Frazier a chance to start. Still, coach Gene Chizik said Sunday that Frazier, currently the team's Wildcat QB, can't run the standard offensive package. "I don't think that he's there," Chizik said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/15676685

What if he gets there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

Re: Frazier is This Season's Future Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Chiz just answered the critics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Some fans are also great at tailgating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Chiz just answered the critics.

It's a really honest answer, from Mr. Coachspeak. 

I would usually expect Chizik to say, "We have full confidence in our starter, Barrett Trotter.  Kiehl Frazier is our wildcat quarterback on a few select plays." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »

We have to start Daniel Cobb.  Jason Campbell doesn't have a grasp of the whole (Nallsminger, fwiw) playbook. 

My deja is vuing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
It's a really honest answer, from Mr. Coachspeak. 

I would usually expect Chizik to say, "We have full confidence in our starter, Barrett Trotter.  Kiehl Frazier is our wildcat quarterback on a few select plays."
Very true. And by his answer I take it that Moseley is standing ready if needed.

Frazier has a knack for finding a seam but I expect him to air one soon just to keep 'em honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:24 AM »

We have to start Daniel Cobb.  Jason Campbell doesn't have a grasp of the whole (Nallsminger, fwiw) playbook. 

My deja is vuing.

It seems this has been the case since I can remember being an Auburn fan, save a few a years here and there. To be honest, it might even be worse for Trotter. He has the daunting task of replacing the greatest ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
As I have said before...there's a reason the starter is starting, bad as he might suck, he beat out the others.  Do others sometime surprise?  Yes.  Do coaches make mistakes?  Yes.  But, in their minds he's better than the other 2. 

That said, IF Frazier can't run the whole package, so what?  Trotter can't either.  He may know the plays, but he can't/won't execute a good part of the passing package.

My fear is this will take an epic meltdown by Trotter before they'll say "fuck it, what's left to lose?" and make a change. 

By the way, I suspect that Clint will be more of the same.  If the change is made, it needs to be Frazier IMHO.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:58:28 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
So are we buying or selling the notion that Trotter pushed Cam to the very last day of competition and there was a possibility he could have beaten him out?

I heard that somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »
So are we buying or selling the notion that Trotter pushed Cam to the very last day of competition and there was a possibility he could have beaten him out?

I heard that somewhere.
I believe it was from you. :poke:

Seriously, the only person here I remember thinking Cam was overrated going into the season was you, and maybe CCTAU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »
My thoughts were IF Cam could throw even 3/4 as accurate as Todd, we should be a LITTLE better offensively because of his running ability. 

I see something there...not sure if it's my ass...or a hole in the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
Anyone else wonder why we had Uzomah and White throw passes before Frazier?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
Anyone else wonder why we had Uzomah and White throw passes before Frazier?

Frazier is a running back.  That was the trick play they worked on numerous times in the practice I went to. My question is WTH was Bray doing?  It looked like it went through his chest or either he didn't want any of the safety coming up and alligator armed it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
Frazier is a running back.  That was the trick play they worked on numerous times in the practice I went to. My question is WTH was Bray doing?  It looked like it went through his chest or either he didn't want any of the safety coming up and alligator armed it.

First of all they were terrible calls.  Especially, the fake FG we were playing the field position game always take the points.  Second, I don't understand why they wouldn't use real QBs (again especially on the fake FG.)  Moseley should have been the snap catcher.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:09:31 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:03 PM »
I believe it was from you. :poke:

Seriously, the only person here I remember thinking Cam was overrated going into the season was you, and maybe CCTAU.

From the ADay game, I thought Caudle looked best due to the  nice job he did with the short to intermediate passing game. He also ran very well. I would freaking love to have him right now. I also thought Trotter looked set to break out. He went for the dagger down field and if that wasn't there, he checked down short.

From the evidence shown, Cam looked almost like a bigger KB. And for the first 5 games, he struggled  with the passing game. The kicker was he was a monster with the ball in his hands (never turned loose in ADay).

Now it looks like we have coached the killer instinct out of Trotter. Not to mention, we look like Todd in 2009, Why? Because we either throw a screen or throw it 40 yds down field. This is looking more like a coaching/play calling issue more than anything. Plays are not being called with the intermediate routes. Either that or the WRs aren't worth a damn and cannot run good routes. I tend to think its a play calling issue. If we had just a few good crossing routes, we keep the ball moving and the LBs backed off the ball. You cannot convince me that Trotter is not > 2009 Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »
From the ADay game, I thought Caudle looked best due to the  nice job he did with the short to intermediate passing game. He also ran very well. I would freaking love to have him right now. I also thought Trotter looked set to break out. He went for the dagger down field and if that wasn't there, he checked down short.

From the evidence shown, Cam looked almost like a bigger KB. And for the first 5 games, he struggled  with the passing game. The kicker was he was a monster with the ball in his hands (never turned loose in ADay).

Now it looks like we have coached the killer instinct out of Trotter. Not to mention, we look like Todd in 2009, Why? Because we either throw a screen or throw it 40 yds down field. This is looking more like a coaching/play calling issue more than anything. Plays are not being called with the intermediate routes. Either that or the WRs aren't worth a damn and cannot run good routes. I tend to think its a play calling issue. If we had just a few good crossing routes, we keep the ball moving and the LBs backed off the ball. You cannot convince me that Trotter is not > 2009 Todd.
Frothro has more talent and a stronger arm than Todd. But he's second guessing himself which drives us all crazy.

Todd was fantastic at selling shoulder and pump fakes and hid the ball very well.  It bought him time by freezing defenders. It's a good way to prevent the stare downs and it aids the receivers.
If I could suggest one thing about Trotter's game that would make an instant impact, this would be it. 

But then we have a QB coach or mentor now don't we?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »
Frothro has more talent and a stronger arm than Todd. But he's second guessing himself which drives us all crazy.

Todd was fantastic at selling shoulder and pump fakes and hid the ball very well.  It bought him time by freezing defenders. It's a good way to prevent the stare downs and it aids the receivers.
If I could suggest one thing about Trotter's game that would make an instant impact, this would be it. 

But then we have a QB coach or mentor now don't we?

Really?  I thought that was Tourette's.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

jmar

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »
"Todd was fantastic at selling shoulder and pump fakes."

Yeah he sold 'em in front of speakeasies and gin joints.

...Scoops Callahan would be proud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »

The evidence you see leads you to believe he's being coached to suck?  Gus' history, and you're blaming his coaching?  Look, sometimes the coaching just doesn't take.  Trotter sucks.   Blame who you want, and you can always fall back on "it's ultimately the coach's responsibility", but I can assure you not even the All Mighty Lord Sabenz could take Hoover HS in to Baton Rouge with a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  You have to have the players, and they have to play as coached.  Sometimes they don't or can't.

BTW, Gus' passing game is 90% play action, and involves mostly deeper routes, or slower developing route combos.  He has very little "quick game"  or 3 step drop stuff in his playbook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
The evidence you see leads you to believe he's being coached to suck?  Gus' history, and you're blaming his coaching?  Look, sometimes the coaching just doesn't take.  Trotter sucks.   Blame who you want, and you can always fall back on "it's ultimately the coach's responsibility", but I can assure you not even the All Mighty Lord Sabenz could take Hoover HS in to Baton Rouge with a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  You have to have the players, and they have to play as coached.  Sometimes they don't or can't.

BTW, Gus' passing game is 90% play action, and involves mostly deeper routes, or slower developing route combos.  He has very little "quick game"  or 3 step drop stuff in his playbook.
Well I anticipate having quick stuff added similar to Clemson's package for both QBs and the O line because we are crippled up. I also hope to see more twin TE sets to help OMac and maybe Lutz will split out more. Just looking ahead at the schedule...like this Saturday.

True it isn't Gus' m.o. to sacrifice much although I've seen us run something totally stupid back to back and then just burn the shit out of a team on the next set of downs. And all of the QB's under his tutelage have been mortals, except for one but I'm not going to turn the page on BT just because he has struggled some the past two games. I like what we are doing with KF and I hope we get Moseley some snaps because things can change in a hurry in this league.

I'm just patting my foot waiting on Benton, Carr, Wisener, Stallworth, Mason or whomever to come through because I think we need two TD catches JUST from our WRs to have a chance assuming the defense is keeping us in striking distance of which I have little doubt...okay I'm Pollyannaing. We made great strides on D last week but Arky can make you miss and this is gonna take a monumental effort just to slow them down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions