Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Law makes babies cry

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Law makes babies cry
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
Are these things you have personal knowledge of, or simply choose to believe?

Did I read you correctly, your "legal friend" wants his "illegal family members" shipped home?

Objective study after objective study proves it, whether its Forbes, the Budget Office, etc. It's pretty consistent that it's a drain on the economy at the point it's gotten now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Objective study after objective study proves it, whether its Forbes, the Budget Office, etc. It's pretty consistent that it's a drain on the economy at the point it's gotten now.

My knowledge of it is seeing them all work, or want to work.  I don't have any that I really know.  If illegals are getting gov't money, then I have a problem with that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
My knowledge of it is seeing them all work, or want to work.  I don't have any that I really know.  If illegals are getting gov't money, then I have a problem with that.

Any minority that has or makes below X amount of money gets a govt check. They just add to those numbers in huge amounts. They are part of an already existing welfare state. Rick Perry even wants to subsidize a college education for them in Texas - The Dream Act.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
Any minority that has or makes below X amount of money gets a govt check. They just add to those numbers in huge amounts. They are part of an already existing welfare state. Rick Perry even wants to subsidize a college education for them in Texas - The Dream Act.

How does one that is not a citizen, get a government check?  If it's really that simple to scam the gov't, then surely I can get one too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »
My "googles" of these issues discussed here indicates there are studies that will show whatever the particular side wants to show.  The only thing they all agree on is that it's nearly impossible to do a truly accurate study on the fiscal impact of illegals on the economy and gov't resources. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
My "googles" of these issues discussed here indicates there are studies that will show whatever the particular side wants to show.  The only thing they all agree on is that it's nearly impossible to do a truly accurate study on the fiscal impact of illegals on the economy and gov't resources.

There is one study that will get accurate results.

SEND THEIR ASSES BACK. And then do a recalculation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »

CCT went there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »
CCT went there.

Hell, if it don't work, we can always invite them back.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2011, 03:30:33 AM »
Hell, if it don't work, we can always invite them back.......

When we identify the ones who are working illegally, we should enforce the appropriate laws.  There's no problem with them working here.  They just need to get the correct work permit and follow our laws.  There's no excuse for working illegally.  We have at least half a dozen work programs, many of which can be applied for after work is obtained, and it doesn't cost the employer anything to support the process.  And, once you get a work permit, you can bring your family over, obtain housing, attend school, etc...  Half the crap floating around excusing the illegal problem and complaining about these laws is complete nonsense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »
That may be true, but they do not go back when the wok permit expores. That is why we have so many here today. Do you think the majority of illegals jumped the fence? Hell no. They came here legally and then stayed past their date. No modern country in the world has a work visa that is unlimited. At some point in time, you have to pay. We are just the worst country in the world at enforcing it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2011, 01:59:40 PM »

This isn't about Hispanics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
This isn't about Hispanics.

Who gives a fuck if it is?

You got cockroaches crawling all over your kitchen.  You call the exterminator.  If he happens to find a few ants and earwigs, that's good too.  But you called him because roaches were swarming. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Who gives a fuck if it is?

You got cockroaches crawling all over your kitchen.  You call the exterminator.  If he happens to find a few ants and earwigs, that's good too.  But you called him because roaches were swarming.
Your metaphor usage is very telling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
That may be true, but they do not go back when the wok permit expores. That is why we have so many here today. Do you think the majority of illegals jumped the fence? Hell no. They came here legally and then stayed past their date. No modern country in the world has a work visa that is unlimited. At some point in time, you have to pay. We are just the worst country in the world at enforcing it!

Oh, I agree.  A somewhat related story...  I had to obtain a permit to work at a client site in Canada.  Canada is one of those countries that will incarcerate you if you stay beyond the length of your work permit.  Mexico does similar.  Perhaps, we need to consider it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »
Your metaphor usage is very telling.

Only to the narrow minded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.