Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Auburn Enjoying Good Start to Football Recruiting"

"Auburn Enjoying Good Start to Football Recruiting"
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
Take from this what you will, but I thought it was interesting to point out.   

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/05/auburn_on_a_fast_pace_in_footb.html

Auburn enjoying good start to football recruiting
Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News May 19, 2008 4:42 PM
Categories: Football, Recruiting
We don't want to say Auburn has gotten off to a fast start in football recruiting this year, but...

...Auburn has gotten off to a fast start n football recruiting this year.

Now that we said it, we'll prove it.

Auburn has eight commitments for the 2009 signing class midway through May. Last year, Auburn had two commitments midway through May. The year before, Auburn had three. The numbers are more revealing the farther back we go.

Auburn had a grand total of one football commitment on this date from 2002-2006. That's one early commitment those five years. Auburn's eight commitments this time are second only to LSU and Georgia among SEC's fastest starters (see list below).

We now rest our case... except that some of these numbers are...well...just a tad misleading.

The 2009 commitment list is at an all-time, untouchable high for this early in the recruiting process. That says Auburn is aggressive.

But the truth in advertising law requires us to point out some of those numbers about previous classes aren't exactly accurate. Those numbers are only for players who committed who actually signed with Auburn. We checked in a most random and haphazard manner to discover some commitments sort of just disappear.

Last May, junior college cornerback Blair Irvin committed to Auburn. What happened to him? He signed with Kansas State. We found a guy from the original commitment list named Thearon Collier. He signed with Miami. In May of 2006, Auburn had a commitment from defensive back DeQuan Bembry. He's at Marshall. There are others who changed their minds or couldn't make the grade.

What to make of all of this? Almost nothing. Players come and go for every team. No need to sweat that. The real bottom line, Auburn appears to be off to a fast start in recruiting this year.

2009 SEC commitments
1. Georgia 11
1. LSU 11
3. Auburn 8
3. Mississippi State 8
5. Alabama 4
5. Arkansas 4
5. Tennessee 4
8. Florida 3
8. Kentucky 3
8. South Carolina 3
11. Ole Miss 2
12. Vanderbilt 1

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: "Auburn Enjoying Good Start to Football Recruiting"
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:26:59 AM »
And on top of that, no long snappers in the bunch.  There are some serious studs committed already. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »
And on top of that, no long snappers in the bunch.  There are some serious studs committed already. 
Hopefully, they will stay.  I just want football season to start.  This is boring as hell...at least I get to see a sneak preview of Indiana Jones tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
Mmm.  It's funny that you mentioned that.  Ahhh, I don't know how else to say this, so I'm gonna come right out and say it.....Philip Lutzenkirchen is the team long snapper as well as TE, WR, and LB, but long snapper none the less. lol.  Seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »
Mmm.  It's funny that you mentioned that.  Ahhh, I don't know how else to say this, so I'm gonna come right out and say it.....Philip Lutzenkirchen is the team long snapper as well as TE, WR, and LB, but long snapper none the less. lol.  Seriously.
the world needs long snapper's too Danny!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
But now we have a Verbal Commitment from the #5 AP RB in the entire Goddamn Country.....Mr. Rodney "MUTHA FUCKIN STUD KAT" Scott, so all is well indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »
But now we have a Verbal Commitment from the #5 AP RB in the entire Goddamn Country.....Mr. Rodney "MUTHA FUCKIN STUD KAT" Scott, so all is well indeed.

Yeah, but did he come from inside the state????  Cause' you know if he didn't the bammer residents here are just gonna keep telling you how Saban is dominating the state of Alabama..... :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »
The funny thing is...that's Exactly what the bammers will say or something similar to it.  What they don't realize and what some Auburn fans don't realize is that there are some 3* players out of state that are just as good, if not better, than the state of Alabama's 4* and 5* players.  Also, I think it's pretty sad when a website has to resort to pumping sunshine up one group's ass just because they know it'll sell. 

For the bammer fans reading this......All of our "No Talent" 2* and 3* players, that have been disrespected by the Turd Nation, Will Not Forget.

Another thing....there are players in this upcoming class that have spoken about the way Auburn was being disrespected by the Media and certain fanbases.

You bammers see that light at the end of the tunnel?......It's A Train!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:44:09 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »

They don't see the light because they got their ears to the tracks, hoping their gourds don't get smashed.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »
Yeah, but did he come from inside the state????  Cause' you know if he didn't the bammer residents here are just gonna keep telling you how Saban is dominating the state of Alabama..... :silence:

Interesting that no ''bammer residents here'' said anything about dominating the state. It's funny too that you are the one who brought it up. You are proving your intentions constantly. Your more concerned with what Bama fans think more than a lot of Bama fans. Aren't you the one who brought up The Bear earlier too? Yea , that was you.
Your insistant baiting comments are a joke. Just as the game your playing.
It's funny watching you work. I'm sure you'll be the first to disapear when things don't go your way.
I look forward to that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 07:04:34 PM »
The funny thing is...that's Exactly what the bammers will say or something similar to it.  What they don't realize and what some Auburn fans don't realize is that there are some 3* players out of state that are just as good, if not better, than the state of Alabama's 4* and 5* players.  Also, I think it's pretty sad when a website has to resort to pumping sunshine up one group's ass just because they know it'll sell. 

For the bammer fans reading this......All of our "No Talent" 2* and 3* players, that have been disrespected by the Turd Nation, Will Not Forget.

Another thing....there are players in this upcoming class that have spoken about the way Auburn was being disrespected by the Media and certain fanbases.

:rofl:
This looks just like a post from  a Bama fan only with the names changed.
Come on man, resorting to pumping up 2 and 3 start guys. If it makes you guys feel better.
I thought pumping sunshine and selling news papers was their job. Lord knows when they do that to AU it's perfectly normal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 07:11:56 PM »
I haven't given a second thought to what any Bammie or Dawg or Ut Vile fan thinks about our recruiting.  I'm just happy that CTT consistently keeps pulling studs into the program year after year.  I know that no matter who Auburn steps on the field with, they've got a great chance of whoopin' dat mutha fuckin' ayuss. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »

Interesting that no ''bammer residents here'' said anything about dominating the state. It's funny too that you are the one who brought it up. You are proving your intentions constantly. Your more concerned with what Bama fans think more than a lot of Bama fans. Aren't you the one who brought up The Bear earlier too? Yea , that was you.
Your insistant baiting comments are a joke. Just as the game your playing.
It's funny watching you work. I'm sure you'll be the first to disapear when things don't go your way.
I look forward to that.

Blah blah blah...   Just more crap about me.  

Can you actually say ANYTHING to refute what Prowler posted, or are you just mad about big bad Chopper constantly pissing in your cheerios again?

You didn't answer the question the other day in the other thread, and I don't see you starting now.   Quit wasting my time.   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 07:15:43 PM »

:rofl:
This looks just like a post from  a Bama fan only with the names changed.
Come on man, resorting to pumping up 2 and 3 start guys. If it makes you guys feel better.
I thought pumping sunshine and selling news papers was their job. Lord knows when they do that to AU it's perfectly normal.

Hmm...nothing of "sustenence" here either....   Keep preaching to me about how I act though.  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
As for pumping the 2* or 3* players, apparently you don't read very well..guess I should've typed it in color..I said that there are some 3* players that are just as good, if not Better, than some 4* or 5* guys.  It's a proven FACT, I know you bammers have a dificult time with that word, so I'll let it sink in a bit.  I'll say this, there are some Auburn players that were rated low that Will be better than some of uat's highly rated players....happens every year to every team.  Hell....there will be some players, that uat signed that were rated low, that will be better than some of their highly rated players.

Also, it is SAD that a website has to resort to pumping up a class to an inbred fanbase that worships Everything Houndstooth to sell subscriptions.  Case in point, Barrett Jones was told by Rivals that he'll be moved to Center and play in the Army All-American Game, so that he'll be a highly rated Olineman, instead of his natural position and the position that he'll play in College which is Tackle.  That was done because they said that they were trying to get uat as highly rated as possible.  Now, that was just ONE recruit of course, but my question is....how far did they go to get uat a highly rated recruiting class?  Maybe something like adding offers that weren't really there?  That's a possibility.  We all know that bOL had Rivals take off the uat offer for Mr. Brandon Heavens.  Even though he, along with his HS Coach, stated that they'd offered......and Scout still has uat as offered.  Hmmm, guess the Turds can't control Every recruiting website.

And yes, those are FACTS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
OMG.! What a conspiracy theory. Every team has a few 2-3 star guys they hit and miss on. They also have 4-5 star guys that are hit and misses. If any one wants to keep believing that signing 2-3 star guys is better than signing 4-5  then have at it. I doubt anyone  outside of the teams constantly signing 2-3 's will agree. I can guarantee you had AU signed a #1 class and Bama fans said the things you guys are saying, you would agree on how silly it sounds. Are you making accusations of a conspiracy by Rivals and other sites to make Bama's class rank higher? I swear, if a Bama fan had told me this I'd laugh in his face dude. I'v heard some incredible shit but this unbelievable.

Chopper,why would I answer any question you ask.? You already have the answers to everything. Your right regardless. Like I said you can not have a discussion. You don't want to.

More about you? Dude your the one making  baiting comments about ''resident Bammers''
Look back at the posts before they got shitty. You never answered any of the questions I mentioned. All you did was bitch about Bammers and go straight to getting shit cranked up. It's what you do best. Eventually you'll drag this place down as well.

Good for you man, have it your way and run off anyone who doesn't think like a koolaid homer.
It's sad that people like you aren't happy unless your being an ass. Remember , you got all this started by being a smart ass.
Congrats. You zapped the fun out this place in record time.
I hate it too because I really enjoyed this place and I liked the people here.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »
OMG.! What a conspiracy theory. Every team has a few 2-3 star guys they hit and miss on. They also have 4-5 star guys that are hit and misses. If any one wants to keep believing that signing 2-3 star guys is better than signing 4-5  then have at it. I doubt anyone  outside of the teams constantly signing 2-3 's will agree. I can guarantee you had AU signed a #1 class and Bama fans said the things you guys are saying, you would agree on how silly it sounds. Are you making accusations of a conspiracy by Rivals and other sites to make Bama's class rank higher? I swear, if a Bama fan had told me this I'd laugh in his face dude. I'v heard some incredible shit but this unbelievable.

Chopper,why would I answer any question you ask.? You already have the answers to everything. Your right regardless. Like I said you can not have a discussion. You don't want to.

More about you? Dude your the one making  baiting comments about ''resident Bammers''
Look back at the posts before they got shitty. You never answered any of the questions I mentioned. All you did was bitch about Bammers and go straight to getting shit cranked up. It's what you do best. Eventually you'll drag this place down as well.

Good for you man, have it your way and run off anyone who doesn't think like a koolaid homer.
It's sad that people like you aren't happy unless your being an ass. Remember , you got all this started by being a smart ass.
Congrats. You zapped the fun out this place in record time.
I hate it too because I really enjoyed this place and I liked the people here.

Wow.  More drivel (highlighted in yellow).  As for the one point you TRIED to make.....  Actually, Prowler said clearly (even giving Bama credit) that there's a smathering of that type of thing going on by shear default.  It's not hard to understand, and it hardly reeks of conspiracy talk.  As far as the position played by the lineman....  Ask yourself, did they change his position or not to get him in the game?  Looks like they did, and it's Prowler's right to feel the way he does.  It's his opinion based on a fact known to him.  Not a fantasy of future hope.

I'm sorry you're not having much fun, but frankly that's what happens when you don't bring facts.  I've been kind this thread.  I've even stayed on topic, and just pointed out that there isn't anything wrong with what Prowler said.

It happens every year, where some relatively lowly touted recruit rises up unexpectedly and takes the reins.   Look at Rod Smith.  A WALK-ON turned top notch starting scholarship receiver.   It happens all the time.

You go on though banging your pots and pans about me again though. 

As for me, I'm off to see Indiana Jones, then tomorrow I'm takin' the girlfriend down to New Orleans to party for a few nights.   You stay here and stay mad.  Good luck with that.  :thumbsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 12:04:16 AM »
Hey Chop....please be careful down in Nawlens, and don't go to the Rising Sun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 12:11:12 AM »
I'm glad were off to a fast start this year in cruitin', I cant wait to see the new staff continue to stockpile talent for many years to come:box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
As for pumping the 2* or 3* players, apparently you don't read very well..guess I should've typed it in color..I said that there are some 3* players that are just as good, if not Better, than some 4* or 5* guys.  It's a proven FACT, I know you bammers have a dificult time with that word, so I'll let it sink in a bit.  I'll say this, there are some Auburn players that were rated low that Will be better than some of uat's highly rated players....happens every year to every team.  Hell....there will be some players, that uat signed that were rated low, that will be better than some of their highly rated players.

Also, it is SAD that a website has to resort to pumping up a class to an inbred fanbase that worships Everything Houndstooth to sell subscriptions.  Case in point, Barrett Jones was told by Rivals that he'll be moved to Center and play in the Army All-American Game, so that he'll be a highly rated Olineman, instead of his natural position and the position that he'll play in College which is Tackle.  That was done because they said that they were trying to get uat as highly rated as possible.  Now, that was just ONE recruit of course, but my question is....how far did they go to get uat a highly rated recruiting class?  Maybe something like adding offers that weren't really there?  That's a possibility.  We all know that bOL had Rivals take off the uat offer for Mr. Brandon Heavens.  Even though he, along with his HS Coach, stated that they'd offered......and Scout still has uat as offered.  Hmmm, guess the Turds can't control Every recruiting website.

And yes, those are FACTS.
The three sentences that are highlighted are the only thing that would be remotely considered a "Conspiracy Theory", but the fact that I ended it with..."That's a possibility" negates Your idea of a conspiracy theory and makes it a "Possibility Theory".  Now if I said that I feel this is what happened for some of ya'll recruits, regarding adding offers to prospects from teams that never offered, that would be considered a "Conspiracy Theory".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions