• No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Six figures for downloads
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/19/music-fan-owes-675000-for-illegally-downloading-music-court-rules/?test=latestnews

Pathetic
This is whoreshit.

Hopefully being a moving target so far will be enough to protect me.

If the feds raid my Drobo, I am royally fucked. Like 50 times my net worth fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »
I seriously wonder what are the specifics of that suit? Did he just get busted for downloading one song, and they assumed everything on his hard drive was downloaded? Where did they pull $675,000 from? A dollar per song? If so, he's got a bigger music collection than I do, which is impressive. I probably would still be more financially fucked if factoring in movies.

What if you burned a CD from a friend? What about all those cassettes from the early 90's you recorded in your dual tape deck?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
I seriously wonder what are the specifics of that suit? Did he just get busted for downloading one song, and they assumed everything on his hard drive was downloaded? Where did they pull $675,000 from? A dollar per song? If so, he's got a bigger music collection than I do, which is impressive. I probably would still be more financially fucked if factoring in movies.

What if you burned a CD from a friend? What about all those cassettes from the early 90's you recorded in your dual tape deck?

You're worried aren't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
You're worried aren't you?

Federal pound him in the ass prison level of worried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »

Shit...all the mix tapes I made back in HS could come back to screw me?  Who knew?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Where did they pull $675,000 from? A dollar per song? If so, he's got a bigger music collection than I do, which is impressive.

Really?  Have you been intentionally ignoring the news over the past five years?  Blocked out memories of all the multi-million dollar lawsuits that the RIAA won?

The Copyright Act allows damages ranging from $750 to $150,000...per infringement.  Which means per song or movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
Really?  Have you been intentionally ignoring the news over the past five years?  Blocked out memories of all the multi-million dollar lawsuits that the RIAA won?

The Copyright Act allows damages ranging from $750 to $150,000...per infringement.  Which means per song or movie.

Shit just got fo realz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »

Weren't you fuckers in a band together?  This never been a topic of discussion between set?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »
Weren't you fuckers in a band together?  This never been a topic of discussion between set?

After he received 589,623 cease and desist letters, AWK and I tried to warn him.  We focused more on the "federal pound him in the ass prison" type of warning, and less on the "millions of dollars in fines" warnings.

I guess we didn't realize that he wasn't that scared of forced butt sex...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »
After he received 589,623 cease and desist letters, AWK and I tried to warn him.  We focused more on the "federal pound him in the ass prison" type of warning, and less on the "millions of dollars in fines" warnings.

I mean but really, who is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »

Well when you put it that way......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:50 PM »
Since he isn't scared of forced butt sex, does that mean I can no longer tell him "he gone get raped"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »
Since he isn't scared of forced butt sex, does that mean I can no longer tell him "he gone get raped"?

Maybe he's afraid of face rape?  I'm not sure...he's too damn tall for me to test that theory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
Maybe he's afraid of face rape?  I'm not sure...he's too damn tall for me to test that theory.

You're not doing it right.  Cap his fucking knees and then "SURPRISE!" ......................wait....huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

That is so grossly inequitable, I guess it never registered.

How the fuck can they estimate one digital copy of a song you can download for $.99 is actually worth $150,000 in damages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »

How the fuck can they estimate one digital copy of a song you can download for $.99 is actually worth $150,000 in damages.

You need to be more worried about what they are going to do to you in federal pound me in the ass prison.   :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »
You need to be more worried about what they are going to do to you in federal pound me in the ass prison.   :)

We've already established that he likes to have his collards stirred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »

I think it's called a deterrent.  Apparently, it's not working.  They should probably raise it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
I think it's called a deterrent.  Apparently, it's not working.  They should probably raise it.

Agree with this.  And make a huge example of the next poor schlep they catch.  Find some guy that's been trying to duck them for a while after getting a bunch of C & D letters.  Nail his ass to the wall, literally and figuratively.  Splash his mug all over the media.  He'll be the face of pirated music. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions