Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They just don't learn

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
They just don't learn
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
You'd think that the bama fans would take a more measured approach to the upcoming season.  You'd think that they've learned during the past six years that optimism is great, but you should be cautiously optimistic.

They've learned nothing.

I got an unprovoked email this morning from a bama fan that listed various "current events" from 1957.

Twenty emails back and forth later, and this guy still could not budge.  I couldn't even get him to admit that he'd rather have our program as it stands today (with no regard for the past) over the hot mess in T-town.

Dude could not admit that $aban's reputation for discipline has been completely demolished (see, for example, DJ Hall/LaMonroe).

Seven is going to be fucking sweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

BLS

Re: They just don't learn
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
I'll tell you right now, NO WAY would I trade what is happening now in TTown for the AU program.
The situation with DJ isn't all out in the public. Some was in house, not unlike what TT does. I am not making excuses either but no one knows exactly all the circumstances.  Yes, Saban’s reputation has taken a hit by the shit that has happened this year. I will not sit here and say we haven't had some troubles. Fact is I think it has surprised most everyone. What's not being mentioned is the fact that a first year coach does have problems. Nope, not as much as we've had, but you can expect to have situations. We've had more than our share. Yes, it's embarrassing. Not fucking cool at all.
Will Saban get it straightened out? I have all the confidence he will. It's going to take time to do that.

I am also not so naive to think things are all rosy and going to be without problems. We still have some kicks in the teeth coming. Here lately ain't many teeth left with the kicks we received by rivals and our own doing.
This first recruiting class is a step and he will get it turned around. We will see in time and I'm very confident it will happen soon. People can say whatever they want about what is happening at Bama. There is negative but there is also a lot more positive going on in and around the program than what most will admit.

I don’t think your going to get your seven either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:07:03 AM »

Care to place a wager?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:00:48 AM »
Care to place a wager?
I smell, mo money, mo money!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »
I'll tell you right now, NO WAY would I trade what is happening now in TTown for the AU program.
The situation with DJ isn't all out in the public. Some was in house, not unlike what TT does. I am not making excuses either but no one knows exactly all the circumstances.  Yes, Saban’s reputation has taken a hit by the shit that has happened this year. I will not sit here and say we haven't had some troubles. Fact is I think it has surprised most everyone. What's not being mentioned is the fact that a first year coach does have problems. Nope, not as much as we've had, but you can expect to have situations. We've had more than our share. Yes, it's embarrassing. Not fucking cool at all.
Will Saban get it straightened out? I have all the confidence he will. It's going to take time to do that.

I am also not so naive to think things are all rosy and going to be without problems. We still have some kicks in the teeth coming. Here lately ain't many teeth left with the kicks we received by rivals and our own doing.
This first recruiting class is a step and he will get it turned around. We will see in time and I'm very confident it will happen soon. People can say whatever they want about what is happening at Bama. There is negative but there is also a lot more positive going on in and around the program than what most will admit.

Wes's point proven.

And BLS is the most humble bammer 've yet to encounter.

I overheard last night at the bar a hot chick who was clearly an Auburn fan and some douchebag fratty looking fag's conversation when I was closing out my tab. She had probably said something about the six in a row when I caught on to the conversation when he was repeating "Who's got recruits? Who was number one in recruiting, huh? Who was number one in recruiting? Everyone you guys had that was any good is leaving. You didn't recruit anyone at all this year." I wanted to tear  him apart, but chose to ignore his preying on a defenseless sorrostitute and her limited football knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:33:36 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
Wes's point proven.

And BLS is the most humble bammer 've yet to encounter.

I overheard last night at the bar a hot chick who was clearly an Auburn fan and some douchebag fratty looking fag's conversation when I was closing out my tab. She had probably said something about the six in a row when I caught on to the conversation when he was repeating "Who's got recruits? Who was number one in recruiting, huh? Who was number one in recruiting? Everyone you guys had that was any good is leaving. You didn't recruit anyone at all this year." I wanted to tear  him apart, but chose to ignore his preying on a defenseless sorrostitute and her limited football knowledge.

OH NO! Someone alert the presses... Some frat douche was being a jerk! This is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this... EVER!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

BLS

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »
No doubt that things have been and are still shakey for Bama. Nothing new but, things are getting worked out.  As far as Au fans seeing how much better it is to be in AU's shoes, think back when we had 9 in a row and when we were dominating for a considerable time. I doubt any of you would have been convinced it was better to be an Alabama fan than an AU fan. It proves or really means nothing that a Bama fan doesn't want  or feel it is better to be an AU fan. I wouldn't trade our shitty past 10 -15 years for Au's.
For every stupid ass Bama fan there's a stupid ass AU fan. We both have our share of equally embarassing redneck fans. I like laughing at both.  :clap:

AUChizad,thanks for the comment. I do appreciate that.

As far as a wager, No money but I'd agree on an avy change or signature, or something of that nature.
In fact I would design both, an AU one for me if you win or a Bama one for you if I win, and I am very ,very good with photoshop. I've done quite a few banners.  :thumbsup:
If your interested , we can agree to display it for the entire year till the next Iron Bowl.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:10:56 PM by BLS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »

As far as a wager, No money but I'd agree on an avy change or signature, or something of that nature.
In fact I would design both, an AU one for me if you win or a Bama one for you if I win, and I am very ,very good with photoshop. I've done quite a few banners.  :thumbsup:
If your interested , we can agree to display it for the entire year till the next Iron Bowl.

I'm your huckleberry.  But I think I'll confer with my compadres here for some assistance with your new avatar/sig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

BLS

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »
I'm your huckleberry.  But I think I'll confer with my compadres here for some assistance with your new avatar/sig.

Sure man. Let me know what you come up with and I'll make both of them. We can look at them to be sure we agree on the severety of the embarassment.  Were going to agree to display them here for the entire year right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
  Sure man. Let me know what you come up with and I'll make both of them. We can look at them to be sure we agree on the severety of the embarassment.  Were going to agree to display them here for the entire year right?

365 days of shame.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
365 days of shame.

I love the south.  We haven't even plaed a down and the wagers have begun. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 02:38:17 PM »
I love the south.  We haven't even plaed a down and the wagers have begun. 
Thats how we roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
The hell with football.  I'm ready to stare at fine babes in very small bikinis.  That's how I roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
The hell with football.  I'm ready to stare at fine babes in very small bikinis.  That's how I roll.

here you go.  This is how you roll....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
Howard, when are you going to get fired for googling "gay speedo" at work every other day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
Howard, when are you going to get fired for googling "gay speedo" at work every other day?

As soon as you quit sucking dick so I guess that would be never.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »
As soon as you quit sucking dick so I guess that would be never.
Whatever pays the bills, Why do you hate the working class and capatilism?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
You mother fuckers really don't give a shit about fucking with someone, and every one here ,for the most part, knows how to take a fucking joke.
This place kicks ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
here you go.  This is how you roll....

Daaayyyuummm...those guys must work out
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
You mother fuckers really don't give a shit about fucking with someone, and every one here ,for the most part, knows how to take a fucking joke.
This place kicks ass.

Everyone deserves to be fucked with.  When the nation is finish being pussified all that shall remain are the members of this board to go forth and educate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions