Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Teams That Should Be Unranked If Held To Auburn Standard

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Teams That Should Be Unranked If Held To Auburn Standard
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »
I have zero doubt that the Iron Bowl will be much more evenly matched than any "expert" is predicting, and at this point, I would give us the edge if I'm being perfectly honest, just because it's at home, and we don't know how to lose close games.

Agree...so let the media prop up bama and downplay Auburn.  The win, and resulting anguish of the crimson masses, will be glorious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »
It is possible that we have 4 losses in the month of October alone depending on which teams show up where.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:14 AM »
It is possible that we have 4 losses in the month of October alone depending on which teams show up where.
This is very true.

That's the only reason I don't see us having another great season. At least one as good as Alabama's last year.

If we drop all four, I'll have expected it.

If we drop three, I will be extremely happy.

If we only drop two, I will be ecstatic.

Drop one or win it all, I will be beside myself, because we will be repeating for the National Championship, fuck the haters.

I don't see us getting out alive in Fayetville or Baton Rouge. Columbia and at home against Florida will definitely be a challenge as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »
Well technically we could drop five in October but unless we are just so beat the hell up by the time we get ole mrs we should roll them.  I am hoping for 2 and 3 coming out of October.  I think we catch somebody not expecting us.  Anything more than that in October and it will surpass my expectations.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:46:15 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »
Call me a homer.

Homer.

I don't see how Auburn is ranked as low as we are, primarily for losing Cam & Nick . . .

Losing Cam and Nick, your offensive and defensive leaders, is a pretty big deal.  Enough to have you ranked 23rd in the preseason polls?  Maybe not.

But you're overlooking the other players lost.  If you "ranked" teams by the number of starting players they were returning, then Auburn would be #120 with three returning offensive starters, four returning defensive starters, and no returning starters on special teams.  Two months after the national championship, Auburn was going through spring training with 32 less players than the team that played for the  national championship.

Taking into account a loss of that magnitude, being ranked 23rd is not that far-fetched.  Sure, it's still debatable, but let's not act like it was just "Cam and Nick" that were lost, and that everyone is overreacting by wanting to rank Auburn significantly lower than #1.  This simply is not the same team as the defending national championship team.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:18:04 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
I think we beat UF. 

I think Columbia is winnable.

LSU and Arky are losses to me.

BTW I still don't understand how #4 LSU beats #3 Oregon 40-27 (13 points) but #3 Bammer beats #23 Penn State 27-11 (16 points) and jumps LSU for the #2 spot.  I know they have to play each other so in the end it doesn't really matter, but in what bizarro world does that fucking make any sense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
Homer.

Losing Cam and Nick, your offensive and defensive leaders, is a pretty big deal.  Enough to have you ranked 23rd in the preseason polls?  Maybe not.

But you're overlooking the other players lost.  If you "ranked" teams by the number of starting players they were returning, then Auburn would be #120 with three returning offensive starters, four returning offensive starters, and no returning starters on special teams.  Two months after the national championship, Auburn was going through spring training with 32 less players than the team that played for the  national championship.

Taking into account a loss of that magnitude, being ranked 23rd is not that far-fetched.  Sure, it's still debatable, but let's not act like it was just "Cam and Nick" that were lost, and that everyone is overreacting by wanting to rank Auburn significantly lower than #1.  This simply is not the same team as the defending national championship team.
Come on, don't you remember that AU won the NC last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
Come on, don't you remember that AU won the NC last year?
Come on, don't you remember Bama only lost three games with McElroy, Ingram, Jones, and Dareus? That automatically = National Champions this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »
Come on, don't you remember Bama only lost three games with McElroy, Ingram, Jones, and Dareus? That automatically = National Champions this year.
If AU had only lost half of what they did, I would say they would be top 10. If they only lost 3-4 people and kept Cam, top 5 easy. You're not getting it.

AU LOST A FUCKTON OF STARTERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. The biggest thing with Alabama is the defense returns 9 starters (actually 10 depending on which package). And we have seen alot of the guys behind those starters play alot of time as well due to heavy rotation during games. So, you know what you're getting on the 2 deep on defense. Losing Julio hurts more than losing McElroy or Ingram. I think Eddie Lacy is a harder runner than Ingram. QB wasn't a huge position last year. Judging two games in, I think McCarron will be OK. You're comparing Alabama losing 4 starters to AU losing like 12-14. One of which has the Heisman winner and literally put that team on his back to win some games. I think AU lost as many starters on their OL alone as Alabama lost on both sides of the ball combined.

Apples and oranges. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:10:55 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
If AU had only lost half of what they did, I would say they would be top 10. If they only lost 3-4 people and kept Cam, top 5 easy. You're not getting it.

AU LOST A FUCKTON OF STARTERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. The biggest thing with Alabama is the defense returns 9 starters (actually 10 depending on which package). And we have seen alot of the guys behind those starters play alot of time as well due to heavy rotation during games. So, you know what you're getting on the 2 deep on defense. Losing Julio hurts more than losing McElroy or Ingram. I think Eddie Lacy is a harder runner than Ingram. QB wasn't a huge position last year. Judging two games in, I think McCarron will be OK. You're comparing Alabama losing 4 starters to AU losing like 12-14. One of which has the Heisman winner and literally put that team on his back to win some games. I think AU lost as many starters on their OL alone as Alabama lost on both sides of the ball combined.

Apples and oranges.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.