Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The crowd killer

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The crowd killer
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »

I can't see it because I don't have the right plugin, apparently.  But it's there. 

Imagine 88,000 people sitting on their hands during this.  Because that's what you got.  It's the worst video since AU started doing it.  By far. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: The crowd killer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »
The video is cool.  I had to mute it about half way through.  Damn that song sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
The video is cool.  I had to mute it about half way through.  Damn that song sucks.

It looks good, but the sound is abysmal.  It's horrible, terrible, the worst. 

Who do we call to pressure that to be changed.  It DAMN SURE won't inspire the players. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Geez...

I didn't think it was that bad. It was not a hype video. In that respect it's certainly no "All I Do Is Win". I thought it was pretty good though. Chill inducing. Emotional. Majestic. The eagle flight doesn't make me want to wave my trooper towel around and punch someone in the face either.

And it's not the only song that plays before the game starts. There is plenty of crunk to go around with some of the others. Decidedly not crunk either, but I did notice not one, but two Talking Heads tunes, "Wild Wild Life", and "Once in a Lifetime".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
Who do we call to pressure that to be changed.  It DAMN SURE won't inspire the players.
Good thing the players don't see it at all from the locker rooms.

If that's the worst thing we have to bitch about, we'll have a fantastic year. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. If you're going to pressure anyone to rectify something, get our DL and LB corps fixed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »
It's a cool thing to watch...like Chad said, emotional etc. but it's not going to get that let's kick some ass mentality instilled in the crowd.

I want to know who the FUCK decided to play Black Betty? That's one of THEIR songs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
Good thing the players don't see it at all from the locker rooms.

It's TERRIBLE.  The images may be inspirational, but that shitty music drowns it out. 

You were there.  What did it do for the crowd which had been pretty awesome for an 11 a.m. game against a team we expected to dominate?  The whole stadium went into a coma.  Dead fish.  It went from a Katie Perry Friday party to a mausoleum.  At least that's what it felt like standing on the field.

And this video is the ONLY thing the players see.  The rest is before they come out.  This one is "theirs" 

I hated it.

ALSO:
FWIW?  I can't do anything about the defense or the Roof or the offensive line or the schedule or any of that.  People are in charge of it and they're going to do what they're going to do.  If I learned anything in 2008 it's that my opinion really doesn't matter.  And it shouldn't.  If it had been up to me we wouldn't have ever looked at Chizik. If it had been up to me we would have kept Tuberville. I was wrong about that.  So I'm pretty much going to leave that alone. 

Yeah I might say what I think is wrong from time to time, but I'm not going to dwell on it.  It will be what it will be and my input isn't going to impact it. 

Maybe I can't change the scoreboard video, either.  But at least people will listen to what's said about that. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:59:55 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »
It looks good, but the sound is abysmal.  It's horrible, terrible, the worst. 

Do the players even see it?  Do they need a video to be inspired? 

The video is good...the words are good...but in the context of getting a stadium full of fans fired up the music is too dark and slow.  It evokes pride, and spirit, but not "get me fired up" emotion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »

I didn't think it was that bad. It was not a hype video. In that respect it's certainly no "All I Do Is Win". I thought it was pretty good though. Chill inducing. Emotional. Majestic. The eagle flight doesn't make me want to wave my trooper towel around and punch someone in the face either.

Serious?  The eagle flight gets my blood pumping ready to go out and slam my head into a brick wall.  It's THE war eagle.  It's the battle cry personified, and there isn't a better adrenaline shot. 

You're absolutely right about the song.  It's chill inducing.  Emotional in an "emo" way.  It's majestic like Jim Carrey in a serious acting role. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
I want to know who the FUCK decided to play Black Betty? That's one of THEIR songs.

Damn...did they follow it up with Sweet Home Alabama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »
Do the players even see it?  Do they need a video to be inspired? 

The video is good...the words are good...but in the context of getting a stadium full of fans fired up the music is too dark and slow.  It evokes pride, and spirit, but not "get me fired up" emotion.

This video comes on after they come out of the tunnel and the band is off the field.  Probably 90% of them had their heads turned to watch it.  Yes.  They see it.  It's the ONLY pregame thing they see.

Do you think they drew any inspiration last year from every soul in the stadium (sans opposing fans) putting their hands up and letting them stay there?   Find a video from last year and watch the players jumping around and working each other up while that was on.   Compare it to the funeral that occurred yesterday during that abomination. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »
This video comes on after they come out of the tunnel and the band is off the field.  Probably 90% of them had their heads turned to watch it.  Yes.  They see it.  It's the ONLY pregame thing they see.

Do you think they drew any inspiration last year from every soul in the stadium (sans opposing fans) putting their hands up and letting them stay there?   Find a video from last year and watch the players jumping around and working each other up while that was on.   Compare it to the funeral that occurred yesterday during that abomination.

I pretty well agreed with your assessment of the music for it's intended purpose.  It SUX.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »
They played the Amber Lamps song?  Fuck Yeah!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »
I can't do anything about the defense or the Roof or the offensive line or the schedule or any of that.  People are in charge of it and they're going to do what they're going to do.  If I learned anything in 2008 it's that my opinion really doesn't matter.  And it shouldn't.  If it had been up to me we wouldn't have ever looked at Chizik. If it had been up to me we would have kept Tuberville. I was wrong about that.  So I'm pretty much going to leave that alone. 

Yeah I might say what I think is wrong from time to time, but I'm not going to dwell on it.  It will be what it will be and my input isn't going to impact it. 

Maybe I can't change the scoreboard video, either.  But at least people will listen to what's said about that.
Kaos 2.0?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »

Actually...

There are two main videos. The tunnel video, and the kickoff video.

Last year, the tunnel video was All I Do Is Win. After the players took the field, the kickoff video is played. Last year that was this more symphonic, inspirational type video.

So last year, if the fans were pumped to All I Do Is Win, they were mellowed by that.

This year, the tunnel video was this similarly symphonic, inspirational video.

And then followed up by the video in the OP. If anything the energy increases rather than decreases if we want to get picky.

I liked the Vox Populi video. I may be the only one here, but I'm not the only one. The people I was with said they thought it was cool. That was in response to the people behind us who said it gave them chillbumps. It's nothing compared to All I Do Is Win in terms of crowd pumping, but I don't think it's supposed to be.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:24:59 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »
Actually...

There are two main videos. The tunnel video, and the kickoff video.

Last year, the tunnel video was All I Do Is Win. After the players took the field, the kickoff video is played. Last year that was this more symphonic, inspirational type video.

So last year, if the fans were pumped to All I Do Is Win, they were mellowed that.

This year, the tunnel video was this similarly symphonic, inspirational video.

And then followed up by the video in the OP. If anything the energy increases rather than decreases if we want to get picky.

I liked the Vox Populi video. I may be the only one here, but I'm not the only one. The people I was with said they thought it was cool. That was in response to the people behind us who said it gave them chillbumps. It's nothing compared to All I Do Is Win in terms of crowd pumping, but I don't think it's supposed to be.
Don't forget the totally awesome band video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
I got chillbumps too.  But I usually do after I've projectile vomited.  Takes a while for that to subside. 

Some will like it.  I think it sucks monkey ass.  I'm going to go with that. 

Point taken on the video order.   I'd rather have the symphonic music than what's there.  At least the symphony stuff sounds dominant and not like a bunch of pussy children singing about some fucking war. 

The band video WAS great.  Tenfold better than the pregame one.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:33:27 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
If only Tuberville was still here, we could have a gem like this.

!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
I'd take that over Vox Vomitous.  Seriously.  Anything is better than children chanting about war.  If we're going to have chanting why can't we at least have monks?

That video cracked me up.  Cowboy Tommy to the rescue. 

And I would like to officially thank them for using "all hat no cattle" as their catchphrase.  I get $1 every time it's said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
If only Tuberville was still here, we could have a gem like this.

!
Guns up...

That shit is so ridiculous...It's awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."