Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Questions from week one....

JR4AU

Questions from week one....
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
1.  Do you believe Auburn is that bad?

2.  Will UGA pull the trigger on Richt before the end of the season if he continues to fail as I believe he will?

3.  Is LSU that good?  (Didn't see this game)

4.  Is bammer as advertised?  ( I saw none of that game)

5.  Could this be the year of the Bronco?  They have nobody left on the schedule other than TCU which appears to have some drop off...what's the scenario at the top where they slide in the big game?  Or, if confronted with a situation like that, will the Powers that Be slap them down in favor of a couple of one loss teams instead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Questions from week one....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
1.  Do you believe Auburn is that bad?

2.  Will UGA pull the trigger on Richt before the end of the season if he continues to fail as I believe he will?

3.  Is LSU that good?  (Didn't see this game)

4.  Is bammer as advertised?  ( I saw none of that game)

5.  Could this be the year of the Bronco?  They have nobody left on the schedule other than TCU which appears to have some drop off...what's the scenario at the top where they slide in the big game?  Or, if confronted with a situation like that, will the Powers that Be slap them down in favor of a couple of one loss teams instead?

1. No 
But I don't think Auburn will be as good as I thought they would be.  I figured 8-4.  I'm now leaning 6-6.

2. Yes
Yes, they suck, and if UGA gets blown out by South Carolina, it might be sooner than later. 

3. Yes
They officially scare the shit out of me.  They have a very very good defense, and a power rush attack to complement the hard nosed defense.  They remind me of Alabama, but they have a much better interior offensive line. 

4. No
Not right now.  I thought they might be, but I now have serious concerns with the offensive line.  4 returning starters were whipped by Kent State. If Cyrus Kouandjio can step up and take the starting left tackle spot, that will allow Barret Jones to move back to the interior line.  That would help tremendously.  Defense will still keep them in every game, and they'll win most.   I still think they'll finish in the top 10, but they aren't better than LSU. 

5. No
Boise will blow it somewhere, like they did last year.  As bad as TCU looked, they'll probably play up and beat BSU by 10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »
I agree with all of Token's answers but #5.

1) No. I think the offensive line, defensive line, and linebackers are far worse than I expected. I hope it can be chalked up to most of these young players in their debut. I hope. I think the special teams are A+ material. I think the recievers, particularly Blake & Stallworth, are very good. Trotter is serviceable at least. Right now, I'm thinking better than Todd, which is as good as anyone could have reasonably expected. Our running game looked like shit, and that was absolutely the fault of terrible blocking. But the only was only out-shittied by the D-Line and LBers. That shit's gotta change stat if we want a shadow of a chance of not getting assraped by MSU next week.

I'm holding out hope that that game can be chocked up to a cocky young team (particularly at the positions I mentioned) thinking they could half-ass it against a WAC bottom-dweller. When they finally realized (practically too late) that they had to actually play some football, it appeared that they did. That's the only real silver lining. They now know they can come back against the odds. Last year's team knew that too, which is what made 28-27 possible.

2)Yes. They're going to lose to SoCar. Once Spurrier lifted his Garcia ban (which was childishly stupid and almost bit him in the ass), they turned it on. This will not go over well. His seat will be blazing in less than a week. One or two more bad losses, and they cut him loose, IMO.

3)Yes. I'm 100% ceratin they'll get to stay home in NOLA for their bowl game, and I'm pretty sure it'll be for the national championship. Their defense is everything I wish ours would remotely resemble. If the polls had any fair fluidity, they would be #1 next week, as they played the toughest opponent of those around the top, and proved the most in doing so. I could even justify putting Boise at #2 for now. But again, with the fluidity I'd like to see, they would get jumped probably next week if Bama beats Penn State.

4)No. In my rants about how I didn't see the vast separation between Auburn & Alabama on paper that every expert appeared to see. Considering what we just saw this weekend, it would appear I did all that bitching for nothing. But taking into consideration my thoughts from answer #1, I'm still not that far off. Bama's got Richardson, and a better than average defense. As I thought before the season started they'll be pretty good, probably better than us. But not 10 spots ahead of us in the whole SEC when all's said and done. I see them finishing 3rd in the west. Possibly even 4th.

5)Unfortunately, yes. Georgia really fucked the SEC, and really the entire college football world with that piss poor showing. I know Boise is supposed to be top notch competition, but I feel pretty confident we beat them this year. As will most of their SEC opponents. Lucky for them, they play us, MSU & Ole Miss in the west. They may beat Ole Miss, but not MSU or us.

But to address the question, this will be the year they finally can't leave Boise out unless they fuck it up themselves. ESPECIALLY if the SEC Champ has a loss, which I feel certain they will. They'll shit the bed in one of the worst championship games we've seen in a while. This was the chance to prove they don't belong with the big boys, and they shit all over that argument. It's really too bad because with TCU and Notre Dame dropping right away, it would have been a relief to not hear a damn word about these shit-tier teams that get undeserved respect all season. We're still gonna get that with Boise, unfortunately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
1)  NO, but I think this win stung and the team needs a good win Saturday to restore some self-confidence. Fuck what the fanbase says. We ran parts of our offense, no iso or veer to my recollection, only traps and some power. Did anyone witness any sweeps? We looked like we were in pass protection the entire first half on run plays. I'm unimpressed right away with the guard play but I haven't seen the replay and don't know if I could stomach seeing that disaster of a first half again.
The offense put us behind the eightball repeatedly and the defense didn't respond...missed tackles, poor angles and not wrapping up as has been mentioned. Can we run man with our LBs and young front? I doubt it unless the offense is clicking with a good pace. I guess we will see what we have against an improved and always salty State team.

2) NO.  I don't think anyone is in charge at UGA. 

3) NO, however  I think LSU has the best offensive line in the country, and a very shaky quarterback situation that will almost surely get them beat in a close game. Oregon gifted two scores to LSU. They are very good on defense and speedy. I think Arkansas can beat them and perhaps Alabama if they can mix passes effectively.

4) YES, but the key is mixing play action because in close games Saban has shown a propensity to go in a shell in the fourth quarter. Maze has stepped up and they again have a stellar one-two punch at RB. Offensive line overrated, except for Barrett Jones but very serviceable as a whole. Defense is loaded two deep with little drop off. Guys like Milliner and Clinton -Dix would start for anyone else. Very favorable schedule.  Okie and Whisky can probably hang with 'em. I know everyone will start saying they are dominating but I have to see more.

5) YES but I think they might have match-up problems against South Carolina, a physical Alabama,  LSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and possibly Arkansas.  Still,  I think they might slide safely into New Orleans.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:56:16 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions