Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Never" is a long time, assholes...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
"Never" is a long time, assholes...
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
From this week's SI college football preview:

Crimson Tide guys don't bother with small-time, penny-ante goals. They go big or go home. For his part, Richardson wants to be "one of the best college football players that's ever come through the NCAA." He'd like to see his team at least get back to the SEC championship game, after missing last year's. He and his teammates are reminded of the loss that kept them out of the title game every day. A laminated poster of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton celebrating the Tigers' 28-27 comeback victory with fellow first-round pick Nick Fairley hangs in every stall in the 'Bama dressing room this off-season. On each poster is the legend, NEVER AGAIN.

AND...

Nobody nurses a grudge like Saban, who made sure when his players showed up for workouts this year that footage of that Iron Bowl loss was playing on the TVs in the weight room. It's heavy-handed, but effective: The last time Saban & Co. spent a year stewing over a loss, Tim Tebow ended up weeping on the sideline at the SEC title game, and the Tide went on to win the 2009 national title.

No, we have no problem with Auburn - they are just another team on the schedule.  Good rivalry, aight?  Just another game, aight?

Right, Nick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: "Never" is a long time, assholes...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »
I've never understood the "FEEL BAD ABOUT IT YOU PIECE OF SHIT" strategy for motivation. 

Forget about it.  Move on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:57 PM »
He and his teammates are reminded of the loss that kept them out of the title game every day. A laminated poster of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton celebrating the Tigers' 28-27 comeback victory with fellow first-round pick Nick Fairley hangs in every stall in the 'Bama dressing room this off-season. On each poster is the legend, NEVER AGAIN.

Yeah, those other two pesky losses wouldn't have stopped the Big Crimpsum Machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:29:25 AM »
Yeah, those other two pesky losses wouldn't have stopped the Big Crimpsum Machine.
It's like you're in my head.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46:45 AM »
Best 3 loss team evar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »

I took it to mean SEC championship but maybe that was just me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
I took it to mean SEC championship but maybe that was just me.

They were out of that by the time AU got there.  Clinched the SEC with the win over Georgia. recall? 

Losing to AU didn't cost them anything but their tattered pride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
They were out of that by the time AU got there.  Clinched the SEC with the win over Georgia. recall? 

Losing to AU didn't cost them anything but their tattered pride.

That's right.

Ok back to "fucking idiots".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »
Ahem...

From your college preview issue:

Crimson Tide guys don't bother with small-time, penny-ante goals. They go big or go home. For his part, Richardson wants to be "one of the best college football players that's ever come through the NCAA." He'd like to see his team at least get back to the SEC championship game, after missing last year's. He and his teammates are reminded of the loss that kept them out of the title game every day.

Just for the record, the loss to Auburn last year did not keep Alabama out of the SEC Championship game.  Bama’s losses to South Carolina and LSU had already done that.  Auburn clinched the SEC West with the win over Georgia on November 13 – two weeks before Auburn’s visit to Tuscaloosa.  So the only team who had anything tangible riding on the Iron Bowl was Auburn.  The only things bammer could get out of an Iron Bowl win were bragging rights and a chance to ruin the dream season for my beloved Tigers.  Whatever motivation Trent Richardson and Nick Saban may get out of the 2010 Iron Bowl is based on nothing more than the sick feeling of being humiliated on their home field by choking away a 24-0 first half lead and ultimately losing to their fiercest rival, who then went on to win a National Championship.

As for me, that win in Bryant-Denny was the sweetest in the history of the Iron Bowl, and one which I know will eat at the bammer faithful for years to come.  I have never enjoyed the second half of a football game more than I did that day. 

War Eagle!!

Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 07:24:29 AM »
Just for the record, the loss to Auburn last year did not keep Alabama out of the SEC Championship game.  Bama’s losses to South Carolina and LSU had already done that.

They're so addled in the head, they can't comprehend that Auburn is the most important thing on their minds.  And that they firmly believe that if they'd held that 24 point lead, and if the NCAA had done the right thing, THEY would have played for the NC with 2 losses, not Auburn.  But, the likes of the SOS, and such, have to come on fartbomb and scream "Auburn is irrelevant" daily, and they forget that we're at least, if not more so, relevant on the national scene than they are in the modern era of college (televised) football.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions