Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Talked with Coach Dye tonight.....

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Talked with Coach Dye tonight.....
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »
...for a few minutes at a High School Fundraiser at Central HS - Phenix City.

He looks old these days. Very old. He was slurring his words during my few minutes talking to him and during his speech even moreso, but he was vintage Dye. It was great. He did decide to let me know he was living in Notusalga these days not Reeltown. Not real sure why he told me that.

Few quotes from the night I liked:

Woodrow Lowe: Coach Dye is the only man that I know of that stood up to Bear Bryant - and won.

Coach Dye: Cam Newton is the most spectacular football player I have ever seen. Period. I've never seen anyone like him. When he got in the redzone, he was superhuman.

Coach Dye: What made Cam different than most great players is that he made the others in the huddle better as well.

My favorite:
Woodrow Lowe: Coach Dye is the best coach I've ever had. Moreso than Bear Bryant. Coach Dye taught me more than anyone else in football. He was like a father to me. He taught me to NEVER quit. So I didn't, because I didn't want to let him down. He was that kind of coach you didn't want to let down. I was very upset when he left Alabama to take the East Carolina HC job.

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE