Swain Qualifies

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Swain Qualifies
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
In case you missed it.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/anthony_swain_joins_auburn_fre.html
Anthony Swain joins Auburn freshmen as Tigers move closer to enrolling entire 2011 signing class
Published: Monday, August 01, 2011, 10:12 AM
By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times

Tre Mason in Auburn and ready to go (AuburnUndercover.com photo)
AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn may have all 24 players in its 2011 signing class on campus for the start of fall practice Wednesday with the late addition of defensive back Anthony Swain and the likely addition of running back Tre Mason in the next two days.

Auburn had all 25 eligible members of the 2010 signing class on campus for fall practice last year, and could repeat its perfect attendance if Mason is cleared.

Swain had three interceptions last season at Gadsden City High School. Mason, who would provide some much-need depth at running back, rushed for 1,643 yards and 24 touchdowns last season at Park Vista High School in Lake Worth, Fla., He rushed for 4,500 yards in his three-year high school career.

Three members of the signing class -- offensive lineman Reese Dismukes, offensive lineman Thomas O'Reilly and cornerback Jonathon Rose -- enrolled in January and participated in spring practice. Most of the signing class have been on campus for summer workouts.

Another newcomer -- Florida transfer running back Mike Blakely -- is on campus, too.
That's pretty damn impressive. When's the last time we've had every single player qualify, let alone two years in a row?

War damn Chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Swain Qualifies
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »
In case you missed it.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/anthony_swain_joins_auburn_fre.htmlThat's pretty damn impressive. When's the last time we've had every single player qualify, let alone two years in a row?

War damn Chiz.

Shit...they better we need all the hands we can get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »
IF Mason is cleared? 

That may be as big an issue as anything facing this team.  He's going to have to work in the rotation right off the bat.  We ain't exactly rollin' 5 deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
IF Mason is cleared? 

That may be as big an issue as anything facing this team.  He's going to have to work in the rotation right off the bat.  We ain't exactly rollin' 5 deep.
Actually we kinda are just 2 of them can't play till next year. ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »
Actually we kinda are just 2 of them can't play till next year. ;)
Swain was slated for LB upon signing being a large dude and 6'3". I like big safeties but I think the staff thinks he grows some more plus we need cover LBs.

The other freshmen like what they have seen in Mason. I wasn't aware that he had not qualified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »
Swain making it in is HUGE.  He'll provide some much needed depth at LB, especially with Kris "Kross" going out with his shoulder injury.  I know Kriss was slated for the offensive side, but I have a feeling that the coaches were planning on moving him to LBer at some point this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs