Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreets* uat's RB depth could be in very, very bad shape....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Eddie Lacy possibly tore his pectorial while trying to max out on the flat bench.  Could be out 2-3 Months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Man, that is really going to suck for them once Richardson is declared ineligible.  Good thing they got Corey Grant as an insurance policy...oh, wait!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

@BAMSradio BAMS Radio Per @TiderInsider, early indications are that E. Lacy is expected to miss at least two weeks. Fall camp starts on August 5th.

Some are saying it's a torn pec which would be 2-3 months at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

chinook

Prowler's skreets are saying it's a torn pec which would be 2-3 months at least.

fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Some are saying it's a torn pec which would be 2-3 months at least.
You follow tider insider on Twitter and bammer radio??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

You follow tider insider on Twitter and bammer radio??

No.

But I peruse message boards during the summer time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Saban will play RB and we will be fine. I mean as little as he is you will not see him. Saban for Heisman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Saban will play RB and we will be fine. I mean as little as he is you will not see him. Saban for Heisman.
He'll be ineligible to due to his TTown Menswear gray suits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Nope I think I'll promote Peaches' boy and grayshirt that slacker Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Nope I think I'll promote Peaches' boy and grayshirt that slacker Saban.
Peaches' boy might not make it in.  Good thing they signed Dee Hart...no, check that too. Damn, practice hasn't even started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
My skreets are saying that Lacy and others were turned in to the Enceeeyaeae for receiving free gas.  What is going on in Tuscaloosa these days?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls

Lord Saybinz will part the Red Sea and guide the mighty Tahd to the promise land.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Why in the hell strength coaches let RB's do this is beyond me. I don't see any benefit to a RB having a bench max that is all world, on purpose. Having a strong stiff arm is not a good reason. Yes, I'm talking to you Trent Richardson.

Squat and quick feet are the two things RB's should have above all else as far as physical conditioning.

If this really happened to Eddie Lacey, I just have to go....  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Why in the hell strength coaches let RB's do this is beyond me. I don't see any benefit to a RB having a bench max that is all world, on purpose. Having a strong stiff arm is not a good reason. Yes, I'm talking to you Trent Richardson.

Squat and quick feet are the two things RB's should have above all else as far as physical conditioning.

In a seminar with Yox several years back, he was very clear about trying to gear the workouts towards the movements they would actually be making on the field. The grip on the bench press was different for O-linemen because he wanted strength where they would be using their arms during a play.  Plus, he absolutely hated any timed sprints.  He said all that is good for is blowing out a hammy.  He'd much rather see how fast a DB could back-pedal from point A to point B.  Pretty much logical stuff.

War Eagle, you played teh D1's.  What was Shaughnessy's philosophy to training?  Prowler? 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:14:07 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
In a seminar with Yox several years back, he was very clear about trying to gear the workouts towards the movements they would actually be making on the field. The grip on the bench press was different for O-linemen because he wanted strength where they would be using their arms during a play.  Plus, he absolutely hated any timed sprints.  He said all that is good for is blowing out a hammy.  He'd much rather see how fast a DB could back-pedal from point A to point B.  Pretty much logical stuff.

War Eagle, you played teh D1's.  What was Shaughnessy's philosophy to training?  Prowler?

We weren't really allowed to max. They found our "max" by lifting 225 as many times as we could. Then he had a chart that showed what your "max" would be. Then you did your lifting based on that max. I think the most we did was like 80% of the max at 5 or 6 reps after we built up. Those numbers could be off but I think that was the basic philosophy.

That was a long fucking time ago though, so my memory may be a bit cloudy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

We weren't really allowed to max. They found our "max" by lifting 225 as many times as we could. Then he had a chart that showed what your "max" would be. Then you did your lifting based on that max. I think the most we did was like 80% of the max at 5 or 6 reps after we built up. Those numbers could be off but I think that was the basic philosophy.

Exactly. Just was I was about to say. You can definitely see more the need for chest power on both the OL and DL when you watch the blocking and rush schemes, but as far as a RB goes? No logic there other than bragging rights which is stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!

^This^
But...we did max on bench and squat, we didn't get hurt, probably because we weren't a bunch of pussy bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
If they won't let Richardson max on the bench, I don't really see why they would let Lacey do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
^This^
But...we did max on bench and squat, we didn't get hurt, probably because we weren't a bunch of pussy bastards.
Yeah, but how good were y'all at hawking flu shots?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

If they won't let Richardson max on the bench, I don't really see why they would let Lacey do it.

But dont they?

Every Bama message board on the net practically plasters his max or what they think is his max anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE