Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
Finebaum keeps playing the Saban clip, as if that proves innocence beyond a doubt.

Saban didn't mention the dissociation letter at all, but instead said:

We've done a cease-and-desist with this establishment a long time ago to make sure everybody understands what players can and can't do. You know, I guess I could ban our players from the place but until somebody can sorta convince me that somebody is doing something wrong, which I haven't been convinced of yet, I don't know if that's fair to our players.

Then Alabama reports that they sent a dissociation letter March 31. Well, which is it? No one did anything wrong, and there's no reason he shouldn't still be associated with the university, and players shouldn't hang out in his store, or he has been dissociated from the university?

It can't be both. If anything, Saban's quotes are damming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »
Finebaum keeps playing the Saban clip, as if that proves innocence beyond a doubt.

Saban didn't mention the dissociation letter at all, but instead said:

Then Alabama reports that they sent a dissociation letter March 31. Well, which is it? No one did anything wrong, and there's no reason he shouldn't still be associated with the university, and players shouldn't hang out in his store, or he has been dissociated from the university?

It can't be both. If anything, Saban's quotes are damming.
It's called CYA. That, and I don't think Saban would get to overrule the compliance department and/or Mal Moore. Anybody can be disassociated from a program. Even if they don't fit the NCAA's definition of a booster (which I believe he was). If Saban is blowing smoke and there was never a disassociation letter, then I'm sure the SEC and/or the NCAA will catch on to that. I would hope that UA gave the SEC a copy of the letter sent in March when it was created.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
It's called CYA. That, and I don't think Saban would get to overrule the compliance department and/or Mal Moore. Anybody can be disassociated from a program. Even if they don't fit the NCAA's definition of a booster (which I believe he was). If Saban is blowing smoke and there was never a disassociation letter, then I'm sure the SEC and/or the NCAA will catch on to that. I would hope that UA gave the SEC a copy of the letter sent in March when it was created.
Saban didn't mention the dissociation letter. How are you missing this? He said specifically that outside of what the cease & desist letter addressed, he wasn't convinced that Tom had done anything wrong, and didn't see any reason the players couldn't hang out with him.

Is that dissociation?

Obviously, he didn't know about this "Dissociation Letter" until the University released it to the media (i.e. made it up as a CYA attempt).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2011, 05:46:14 PM »
Saban didn't mention the dissociation letter. How are you missing this? He said specifically that outside of what the cease & desist letter addressed, he wasn't convinced that Tom had done anything wrong, and didn't see any reason the players couldn't hang out with him.

Is that dissociation?

Obviously, he didn't know about this "Dissociation Letter" until the University released it to the media (i.e. made it up as a CYA attempt).
I know he didn't mention it. My point is, even though he has an opinion on it, doesn't mean that Mal Moore or compliance agrees with that. I understand that your position is there was no disassociation, never happened, creating fake letter now. That's why I said I hoped that UA sent a copy to the SEC in March/April when the letter was written/delivered. That would be pretty good evidence that the letter existed before now.

Also, if the guy was disassociated, that doesn't stop players from going into his store if they wanted to. It basically says "You do not represent Alabama's athletic interests." A formality in terms of NCAA I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
I know he didn't mention it. My point is, even though he has an opinion on it, doesn't mean that Mal Moore or compliance agrees with that. I understand that your position is there was no disassociation, never happened, creating fake letter now. That's why I said I hoped that UA sent a copy to the SEC in March/April when the letter was written/delivered. That would be pretty good evidence that the letter existed before now.

Also, if the guy was disassociated, that doesn't stop players from going into his store if they wanted to. It basically says "You do not represent Alabama's athletic interests." A formality in terms of NCAA I suppose.

Come on RWS, If Auburn felt it necessary to disassociate a local booster/business owner, I would fully expect our coaching staff and Athletic Dept to make sure that the players knew that this booster/business owner was off limits and they were to no longer "associate" with that person.

Saban, by his own interview, basically admitted that he knew nothing about this official disassociation.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:57:19 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »
That's why I said I hoped that UA sent a copy to the SEC in March/April when the letter was written/delivered. That would be pretty good evidence that the letter existed before now.
You mean when they "hand delivered" it to Albetar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »
................. That, and I don't think Saban would get to overrule the compliance department and/or Mal Moore. Anybody can be disassociated from a program. Even if they don't fit the NCAA's definition of a booster (which I believe he was).......................

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

RWS

« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
You mean when they "hand delivered" it to Albetar?
Yes. That's what the "/delivered" part of my statement meant.

I understand your side of it. You want Alabama wiped off the face of the Earth, and you're going to keep digging until you get it. You want this to go really far, and you want anything that even looks negative to be super super illegal. I get it. You have your ideas, and I have mine. You're not going to give Alabama the benefit of the doubt like you would give AU. You're not going to find every logical or even illogical reasoning valid in this case as you would if it concerned AU. I understand that. I'm just on the opposite side of that is all.

Like I said before, I'll take the word of the NCAA what did or didn't happen. Some fairly bold statements have been made by Saban and UA compliance. I would imagine if some of it is false, the NCAA and/or the SEC would be PISSED and fairly quick to call horseshit if something wasn't true. That would take pretty big balls and not alot of intelligence to tell outright lies in the national media when you know the NCAA is looking. Don't you think that would make them want to take a look if somebody was just outright lying, and they knew? If the NCAA doesn't take a look at it based on what UA gives them, then I feel pretty good about UA's compliance department. In the current environment in college football, with something as high profile as this, if the NCAA feels comfortable with the info Alabama's compliance department had gathered, that would have to be a compliment as to how the department operates. I highly highly doubt that will happen, though. I can't imagine that happening at ANY school.

Prowler doesn't work for the NCAA. Neither do you, nor I for that matter. They make the decisions as to what is or isn't illegal. I'm not going to take an Auburn fan's opinion as fact and the last word, just the same as nobody should take an Alabama fan's opinion as fact and the last word. Both sides have their own slant they want to put on it. I'm cool with whatever the NCAA finds in all of this.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:49:29 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Yes. That's what the "/delivered" part of my statement meant.

I understand your side of it. You want Alabama wiped off the face of the Earth, and you're going to keep digging until you get it. You want this to go really far, and you want anything that even looks negative to be super super illegal. I get it. You have your ideas, and I have mine. You're not going to give Alabama the benefit of the doubt like you would give AU. You're not going to find every logical or even illogical reasoning valid in this case as you would if it concerned AU. I understand that. I'm just on the opposite side of that is all.

Like I said before, I'll take the word of the NCAA what did or didn't happen. Some fairly bold statements have been made by Saban and UA compliance. I would imagine if some of it is false, the NCAA and/or the SEC would be PISSED and fairly quick to call horseshit if something wasn't true. That would take pretty big balls and not alot of intelligence to tell outright lies in the national media when you know the NCAA is looking. Don't you think that would make them want to take a look if somebody was just outright lying, and they knew? If the NCAA doesn't take a look at it based on what UA gives them, then I feel pretty good about UA's compliance department. In the current environment in college football, with something as high profile as this, if the NCAA feels comfortable with the info Alabama's compliance department had gathered, that would have to be a compliment as to how the department operates. I highly highly doubt that will happen, though. I can't imagine that happening at ANY school.

Prowler doesn't work for the NCAA. Neither do you, nor I for that matter. They make the decisions as to what is or isn't illegal. I'm not going to take an Auburn fan's opinion as fact and the last word, just the same as nobody should take an Alabama fan's opinion as fact and the last word. Both sides have their own slant they want to put on it. I'm cool with whatever the NCAA finds in all of this.

Substitute Cam Newton for T-Town Menswear. 

It's what we've been saying all along. 

The problem is that the NCAA won't say anything.  You'll have to trust your compliance department.  Or don't.  You'll have to ignore the bloggers and message boards.  Or not.  You'll have to believe Finebaum when he says it's a nonissue.  Or not. 

Nothing is factual right now and most likely won't be.  But that's not going to stop this story from circulating and progressing. 

It's the biggest problem with the NCAA right now.  What's so bad about honesty?  How bad would it really be for Auburn (especially if Auburn is clean with Newton) if the NCAA released a statement - a real statement - detailing the investigation? 

The NCAA wants academic integrity and fairness but their methods do anything but promote academic integrity and fairness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

Because Finebaum issued his personal edict this week that Saban's integrity is beyond reproach.  Fuckin' sack of shit simply declares Saban righteous and good, and yet impugns every Auburn coach if a player so much as gets a parking ticket, or a rumor starts that the Tigerettes are prostitutes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
More from Clay:

Click the link for pictures.
http://outkickthecoverage.com/julio-jones-signing-a-stack-of-jerseys-in-t-town-menswear.php

Julio Jones Signing a Stack of Jerseys in T-Town Menswear

Published on: July 28, 2011 | Written by: Clay Travis

Every day brings a new revelation that makes Alabama's explanation for what went down at T-Town Menswear look more and more artificial. Today, meet Julio Jones, man of many suits, as he signs a stack of personalized jerseys inside T-Town Menswear. The photo is courtsey of SportsByBrooks, you need to click the link to see how full story on this matter. In the meantime, why does Julio Jones need to sign that many jerseys for a storeowner? A full stack? Even the most crimson-blooded Alabama fan on Earth has to be troubled by this. After all, this isn't a personal gift, this is Julio signing jerseys so they can be sold to the public on multiple kiosks in the state.

Alabama argues that its players couldn't have known their jerseys were being sold after they signed them. That position is becoming more and more laughable each day.

Who signs a stack of jerseys like this without knowing where they're heading? Julio Jones is smart, he knew exactly what he was doing when he stood over a stack of jerseys and began signing his name on jerseys that had been specially ordered to include his last name. He was doing this for his friend Tom Albetar, a guy who he knew well. This wasn't some stranger. If it was perhaps Julio would have turned the other way when he was presented with a stack of his own jerseys and asked to sign his name while someone stood alongside and took his photograph.

He trusted Tom -- even if Alabama didn't --Tom was a good guy.

Tom was a friend.

In fact, Julio was such good friends with the owner that he hung out on the store computer.

Heck, Julio was such good friends with disassociated booster Tom Albeter, that he even brought a girl to hang out with them in the office.

Repeat, this is Julio Jones hanging out in the office of a disassociated booster. He even brought a girl with him to hang in the office! You telling me Julio didn't know exactly what was going down when he signed a stack of jerseys for his store-owning buddy?

We've already seen that Julio hung out in the store and used the computer, that he modeled jackets, that he regularly posed with the owner. That he brought girls to the store with him!

Again, I ask you, why is the SportsByBrooks linked photograph at the top of this screen being taken as Julio signs a stack of jerseys? The answer is easy, so purchasers of these jerseys have authentication that Julio Jones actually signed the jerseys himself.

Take off the crimson-colored glasses, Alabama fans, the mushroom cloud is continuing to grow. Be sure and read SportsByBrooks' story here. 

And please stop arguing that Julio didn't know. He's a smart guy. He knew exactly what he was doing. To argue otherwise is an insult to his intelligence.

And yours.   

Here's OKTC's chronology of stories on Suitgate:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #251 on: July 28, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
Looks like Clay Travis enjoys death threats. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
Looks like Clay Travis enjoys death threats.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
The bright side to this is, as long as sportsbybrooks and clay travis are busy stacking it up and jizzing over photos that weren't hard to find, I'm not as concerned as I would be if a major publication was digging.  Clay and Brooks are too busy trying to gain rock star status to ever find any actual "improper benefits".  Although I think it's becoming blindingly obvious as to what was going on, I'll rest easy as long as these two jackasses are leading the investigation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #254 on: July 28, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »
The bright side to this is, as long as sportsbybrooks and clay travis are busy stacking it up and jizzing over photos that weren't hard to find, I'm not as concerned as I would be if a major publication was digging.  Clay and Brooks are too busy trying to gain rock star status to ever find any actual "improper benefits".  Although I think it's becoming blindingly obvious as to what was going on, I'll rest easy as long as these two jackasses are leading the investigation.

I gotta' say there's some truth to this statement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »
Does that group include Thamel and Evans too?

When the Cam stuff first happened, Travis was all over our asses and people (including Finebaum and his redneck callers) swore by him. Funny how now he is just a "hack journalist". You live and die by the same sword.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2011, 03:52:13 PM »
Finebaum just said you can get 2 suits from T-Town Menswear for $60-70.

LOLWut?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »

LOLWut?

Well, not you and me. That's the player discount.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
Well, not you and me. That's the player discount.

I think they call it the Sharpie discount.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »

LOLWut?
Roflcopters...

I need to go there and sign some shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."