Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
Followed by Tigeretts jokes from another idiot caller.

Time to go dig through The Hollywood Saloon's back catalog.

Bump this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
The forklifter said he was surprised because he remembers what Lord Saybinz said about hating these guys.  In typical fashion, PF says Lord Saybinz doesn't hate Auburn, he hated some people on that staff because, "He knew the things they had done".

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
The forklifter said he was surprised because he remembers what Lord Saybinz said about hating these guys.  In typical fashion, PF says Lord Saybinz doesn't hate Auburn, he hated some people on that staff because, "He knew the things they had done".

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"He hates some certain members of that coaching staff. You catch my drift?"

I caught it. You're a flaming douche trying to get your callers to say matter-of-factly that Trooper Taylor is cheating, and then sit back throw your hands up and say "I didn't say anything."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
"He hates some certain members of that coaching staff. You catch my drift?"

I caught it. You're a flaming douche trying to get your callers to say matter-of-factly that Trooper Taylor is cheating, and then sit back throw your hands up and say "I didn't say anything."

That was CTT's staff.

They are not going to allow any callers through except the regulars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »
Can someone explain to me why yawl listen to that show?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »
Can someone explain to me why yawl listen to that show?

It's good for their skin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
Let's just make shit up!
Is it even necessary at this point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
Masterful.

A caller made the point that there was documented proof of these allegations.

Finebaum yelled, hooted, and hollered like a maniac cutting the guy off every time he tried to speak.

Paul: "Documented Proof!?!?!? Where's your documented proof?!?!?"

Caller: "The Documented Proof is - "

Paul: "Try to not sound like you have an IQ of 2!!! Let's hear the documented proof"

Caller: "Well Paul, the documented proof is - "

Paul: "No!!!! You said documented proof!!! I want to know what your Documented proof is!!!"

Caller: "Paul, can I speak, you're just cutting me off - "

Paul: "You said you have documented proof!!! I'd like to see that!!! You don't know what you're talking about!!!"

Caller: "Paul, you're just cutting me off over and - "

Paul: "You don't know what you're talking about. You're just blabbering on like an idiot. Where is your proof?"

Caller: "The proof is that - "

Paul: "You have no idea what you're talking about, you sound like an idiot!!!"

Hangs up.

Talks about with the next caller that he gave the guy multiple times to answer the question and he just waffled.

Now callers are calling in to call him a fag. And a typical Auburn agenda-driven caller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
Ohio guy (who usually calls to bash Cam), took that in a direction Paul wasn't expecting.

Caller: "Paul, do you remember the algebraic symbols <, >, & = to? I'd like to play a little game. I'd like to play, 'In the eyes of the NCAA is this less than (not as serious), equal to (the same), or greater than (more serious)'.

The first two would be Fine Line Tattoo Parlor in Columbus, Ohio, or T-Town Menswear. Greater than, less than, or equal to."

Paul chuckled, "Seems like a less than."

Caller: "I don't know, I think I'd go equal to."

Paul: "Now, are we talking to eachother? I misunderstood the question."  :rolleyes:

Caller: "This place has been explained to me as a high-end men's store. At a high-end men's store, I'm not buying a $200 suit. There isn't a $200 suit there. So suits from T-Town, vs. Tattoos. Greater than, less than, or equal to."

Paul: "Alex is goinghigh."

Caller: "I would be of the same opinion as Alex, he's a wise man. And here's my last question. It became apparent in some of these articles that Alabama decided that they didn't commit any sort of violation, so they just took it upon themselves to not report anything to the NCAA. In fact, they sent a cease & desist letter, if you believe them, to the proprietor of the T-Town suit store. So the question would be, one person trying to cover something up, or the collective Alabama football program/athletic department..."

Paul cuts him off, "Well, I don't know why they didn't report it but sometimes, uh, again, that's what I asked about Mississippi State, why didn't they turn anything over, why did it take so long? Sometimes you just don't think it even merits the documentation...although I don't know why universities wouldn't forward everything right now..."

Caller: "So what do you think Paul? One individual not reporting, or the entire athletic department not reporting?"

Paul: "Well, I think that's a poorly phrased...I think a judge would not allow that question in court."

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »
Not nearly as creepy as this picture...

Holy fuck he is ugly...
This one is better....

Julio the cross dresser...nice lipstick and mascara.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »
Clay Travis tweeting again...

ClayTravisBGID Clay Travis
Alabama announces that they have disassociated Tom Albetar from the program effective March 31.
From Bama: "Based on our review of this matter, we concluded that Mr. Albetar was in compliance with NCAA regulations."
So if Albetar was in compliance why was he disassociated? And why did Bama send him a letter saying he wasn't?
:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »

Looks like Brookie's ears have now been perked up, it was probably the USA Today article or The Washington Post...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:20:37 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/alabama_sent_disassociation_le.html

Alabama sent disassociation letter to T-Town Menswear owner in March
Published: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 7:35 PM     Updated: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 7:40 PM
Izzy Gould | Tuscaloosa Bureau By Izzy Gould | Tuscaloosa Bureau

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama sent a disassociation letter to the owner of T-Town Menswear in March, effectively breaking ties between Tom Albetar and the university.

An Alabama source said Albetar was not deemed a booster, and the university can send a disassociation letter to anyone.

The letter, which was signed by Alabama athletics director Mal Moore, was hand delivered to Albetar (the letter addresses him as Mr. Tom Al-batar) and was part of a university statement released Tuesday addressing growing concerns between Crimson Tide athletes and their relationship with Albetar and his store. 

"Due to the concerns expressed in our letter to Mr. Albetar dated March 31, 2011, we disassociated him from our program," Alabama associate athletic director of compliance Mike Ward said in a news release. "As we always do in matters of this nature, we discussed this matter with the SEC Office. Because we found no evidence of any NCAA violation, we did not self-report a violation. UA will continue to be proactive in all areas of compliance monitoring."

In the dissociation letter, Alabama said Albetar cooperated in an interview with the university and appeared to be compliant with NCAA rules. The university expressed a concern with the "display of memorabilia indicating a relationship with several University of Alabama student-athletes."

"Your conduct and interaction with student-athletes, as well as that of your employees, has been appropriately reviewed, and appears to be compliant with NCAA regulations," the letter states.

In the same letter the university expressed, "The institution must remain cautious regarding any relationship you may have with its student-athletes beyond that of a store owner and customer. As the owner of a local business, the institution is reliant on you to heed all instructions provided by the institution and its compliance staff regarding adherence to NCAA rules."

The release was Alabama's first official response since news broke last week that the university had sent a cease-and-desist letter to T-Town Menswear asking the business to end its practice of using the likeness of Crimson Tide student-athletes in advertisements, and to specifically end the sale of memorabilia signed by current Alabama athletes.

Alabama released the cease-and-desist letter Sunday night, but had not official commented regarding the story.

Approached Monday by al.com newspaper reporters near his University Mall store, Albetar, who has been photographed on the sideline and in the press box at Alabama football games, declined comment. 

"Our review of this matter was a part of our normal compliance program," Ward said. "We routinely look at all situations of potential concern. Based on our review of this matter, we concluded that Mr. Albetar was in compliance with NCAA regulations. It is not a violation for student-athletes to sign autographs and it is not a violation for a business to display photos, jerseys or other items depicting current student-athletes. We found no evidence that any student-athlete received any extra benefits."
:move:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Alabama announces that they have disassociated Tom Albetar from the program effective March 31.

From Bama: "Based on our review of this matter, we concluded that Mr. Albetar was in compliance with NCAA regulations."

So if Albetar was in compliance why was he disassociated? And why did Bama send him a letter saying he wasn't?

Alabama's official position: We were never associated, but now we're disassociated.

If you truly disassociated the guy in March, why say you sent him a cease and desist letter in December? Why not tell truth from start?

Also, why does Alabama now say they notified the SEC about this, but initially said they hadn't told the SEC or NCAA?

KevinScarbinsky Kevin Scarbinsky
Alabama: Even though it concluded Albetar broke no NCAA rules, it disassociated him for " ... the appearance of a potential impropriety."

Ala told Albetar he put players at potential risk. "This risk includes exposing our student-athletes to potential NCAA investigations or sensationalized journalism based on assumptions that wrongdoing has taken place." Verbatim from the Ala letter.

Ala letter to Albetar dated March 31, 2011. Typed and underlined notation under the date and above his address: "Via Hand Delivery."

Well boys, here's the cover-up. This is now worse than the Ohio State thing in every way.

That is unless you buy the fact that they sent the vague cease & desist letter addressed to anyone in particular, but rather "to whom it may concern", that doesn't mention the specific transgressions being accused. Three months later they sent a letter to dissociate him from the organization he was never really associated, by hand so that there is no proof of when it was notarized. In this letter they noted that it was to prevent "sensationalized journalism based on assumptions that wrongdoing has taken place". Give me a fucking break. Couldn't even hold back their dig at Clay Travis for the sake of authenticity in their fake retrodated letter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »
Mal Moore signed this Dissassociation Letter....he wasn't even in Alabama on March 31st, AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:22 PM »
Mal Moore signed this Dissassociation Letter....he wasn't even in Alabama on March 31st, AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Where was he and how do you know that? Did I miss some big event I should remember?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »
Where was he and how do you know that? Did I miss some big event I should remember?
He was in New York at the Madison Square Gardens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
In this letter they noted that it was to prevent "sensationalized journalism based on assumptions that wrongdoing has taken place".

Hmmm, how could they know someone would pick up on this story?  Oh, that's right, it's because Mal Moore and Dr Whitt are full of shit and they just made up a date off the top of their head, then hand delivered the letter to Tom a couple days ago...that might be why he's packing up shop, as of yesterday. Not in April after the Dissassociation Letter supposedly took place...but in July.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2011, 12:12:09 AM »

Dear NCAA,

My name is Malfunction Moore.  I run a football program in Alabama.  I hired Coach Saban.  He's great!  Oh, I have to cut this short, the cafeteria is serving jello today, and it sells out fast.  The green kind is what I like bests.  Anywho, we, Paul Jr. said to say "we", disassociated a guy that maybe did, and maybe didn't was a booster, and maybe did or maybe didn't give some of our ath-a-letes free stuff from his store where he sells slacks and sports coats.  Just thought y'all might wanna know you didn't need to wast no time sending anybody over from their budness in Awbren to check on something there ain't nuthin to.

Signed,

Mal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions