Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
Just for the record, when people start going through pics of different Tiger Walk, post game events, etc, how many different suits is an OK number, and at what number is it automatically an NCAA violation? Is that number different for different players? Just curious as to what the ground rules are.

I think they were all in a pair of sweats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »
I know you're joking, but I'm pretty sure that the majority of the players wore underarmour pullovers during tigerwalk. 

Provided by the "Tiger of a bookstore" guy.  Quote me.  Send that shit to the NCAA.  HAMMER!

This.  I could be wrong but I don't recall going to any Tiger Walk where the players wore suits.  Just warm ups.  But then, I only go to about one TW a year.  It cuts into pregame drinking time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
Nope. The athletic program can not provide any type of clothing that does not have to do with the sporting event. Anything outside of a jersey, workout cloths, etc...is not allowed...

I was kinda hoping RWS would have said this....

It's a wormhole opened by all the TR stuff...

As far as RWS not getting the issue with a booster selling a university's player's items after a cease-and-desist letter?  I can't help him.  He isn't going to see the problem with that.  ...even though the University of Alabama did and told him to quit, RWS sees no issue.

Let me try this one more time... I'll make this simple...

1. Tom Al-Betar is a booster. There is ZERO chance of him being identified otherwise.

2. He uses Alabama football to promote his business. (at minimum)

3. He was told by The University of Alabama to stop doing so.  He ignored it as clearly identified in January 2011 pics where current player jerseys are STILL seen in store window AFTER the cease-and-desist letter (which doesn't even mention the window jerseys, it had more to do with the kiosk selling the signed jerseys outside the store).

4. Trent Richardson is seen out to dinner with this known booster alone.  Could he have paid for the meal himself? Certainly.  However, it's in these times where that burden is now placed on them to prove it went down right.

Those are the clear issues.

The deeper and potentially larger issues are POSSIBLY...

1. As a program in their 17th year of probation, Alabama should have reported this issue to the NCAA and SEC.  They say they didn't see a violation or indication that the player involved benefited, but it was very clear already that T-Town Menswear had a print ad with Maze in it (current player) and was using jersey's of current players (Nico Johnson, McCarron and Richardson) in his store windows to draw attention to his store.  That's called  promoting his business. 

Now, you can say that Trent Richardson didn't benefit, but at minimum, he was familiar enough with the practice of this store, over the course of at least a few years, to display items in their store to promote itself and their relationship with Alabama football.  The likelihood of TR NOT knowing what his jerseys were being used for, is very small.  Did he think they were being sold?  Maybe not, but it's clear that a kiosk owned by Al-Betar was selling those jerseys and had to be shut down.

2. The suit situation.  How do these players all afford tailor-made suits?  Especially a new one for every game?  If the University can not provide them, how do these players afford the suits?  It's a fair question considering the source of the suits, the memorabilia signings and sales.  Especially in the wake of Ohio State.

Now, if you don't think there are reasonable, deep questions to be asked, you're just being a giant fucking douchebag with black hole type blinders on, let alone crimson lenses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »
This.  I could be wrong but I don't recall going to any Tiger Walk where the players wore suits.  Just warm ups.  But then, I only go to about one TW a year.  It cuts into pregame drinking time.

That's why one should always carry their bottle of refreshment to the TW. 

Multi-task, bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
First of all, this shit does not look good for bama, on the surface anyway. Secondly, I'm seriously ready for some football. There is clearly too much void in our lives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
So now we have someone else in our corner besides Phillip Marshall and Greg Doyel. Excellent.

I think Travis is a UT guy so he is loving this on a personal level on the side. 

Burn Bama, burn.   :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »
Just for the record, when people start going through pics of different Tiger Walk, post game events, etc, how many different suits is an OK number, and at what number is it automatically an NCAA violation? Is that number different for different players? Just curious as to what the ground rules are.

Hmmm...Maybe one. The players don't wear suits. They wear the athletic supplied shirts and warm-ups.

BTW, I couldn't find a picture of "ETC"...

When Alabama copied Auburn's tradition, Alabama had to do something to make it unique. I guess they thought of using the name "Champion" and giving everyone business suits to wear...

Nice try though dumb ass...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:58:07 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
Real or not I want to know why Joe Schad isn't blowing up his Twitter feed with live updates from ground zero on this?

I don't think Clay Travis can get this anywhere. In fact, I think he's doing this to drive traffic up on the site. Nothing increases traffic like claiming to know something about the Pachyderms. It drives them into a frothy frenzy when someone dares to challenge The Tahd.

I am ready for the season to start. This TMZ stuff has gone on too long this off season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
That's why one should always carry their bottle of refreshment to the TW. 

Multi-task, bitch.

Only late in the season when the weather cools off.  When it's the first half of the season and 117 in the shade, my ample sized ass ain't walkin' all over campus to see the top of the player's heads from 50 yards away. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »
I wonder if there was something of value placed inside the lapel pockets of these Custom Tailored suits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
Only late in the season when the weather cools off.  When it's the first half of the season and 117 in the shade, my ample sized ass ain't walkin' all over campus to see the top of the player's heads from 50 yards away.

Customer.

I wonder if there was something of value placed inside the lapel pockets of these Custom Tailored suits?

Most assuredly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
Customer.

Most assuredly.

Why do you hate Circus Boys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2011, 02:20:08 PM »
More suits for Julio

You and chop are in rare form today. I like it. As kaos said back in the winter, its war bitches. Has been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »
More suits for Julio

Looked like the arms were too short on one of those suits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
Just a note...

When Julio appeared in court prior to getting on campus at Alabama, he wore a hooded sweatshirt to a court appearance.  Since he's been at Bama, dude is dressed to the nines to do nothing but walk from a bus to a locker room.  Wingtips and all.

Julio knows how to spend that cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Looked like the arms were too short on one of those suits.

His head is out of proportion to his body if anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
Clay Travis via Twitter:
Multiple death threats rolling in now from Alabama fans. Not kidding. To their credit never got one from Auburn fans
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »
Clay Travis via Twitter:

With all due respect to the red sox and eagles, bammers have to be sports worst fans. No one fanbase is this obsessed AND insecure personally. Barnhart summed it up best - its a culture war played out on a football field. A normal culture vs an inbred culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
His head is out of proportion to his body if anything.

Werd.  Looks like the Predator or some dinosaur or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions