Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Quick Question About Jury Duty

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Quick Question About Jury Duty
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
Smooches!!!!!  I <3 your penis.

Look, all I'm saying is that it's silly that I'm being singled out as if all I do is follow people around when, in actuality, there are several threads in which others responded to my posts and told me that I was wrong; I'm not always the instigator, and even when I am, it's not a one-way street.

Another hard-headed response...  You wanted to introduce another social experiment into the military.  Now that they've permitted homosexuals in the military, the military must address all of the social issues that this social group brings along with them.  As the military must now deal with these new distractions, whether it be the establishment of new policies or the expenses associated with responding, defending, providing or subsidizing additional benefits and accommodations to account for this new social baggage, the military undoubtedly becomes diluted and less efficient.

The military has a process which breaks down people and rebuilds them.  Felons are a particular social group with issues that may pose problems in the military, but they're allowed into the Army and Marines, and it apparently works.

Now as far as any "social issues" that homosexuals may or may not bring to the table later down the road, such as demanding more rights, additional benefits, etc., that's simply a slippery slope argument.  Just because you grant them the ability to openly serve in the military doesn't mean that you also have to grant them X, Y and Z when they ask for it.

And, again, as much as you may think this is a "hard-headed response," your slippery slope arguments about new benefits and the funding for those benefits were not part of the initial discussion.  What was focused upon was whether the presence of openly homosexual servicemen would affect the efficiency of the military.  You brought up issues about heterosexuals feeling uncomfortable in foxholes, medical issues regarding HIV/AIDS, and generally how the mere presence of homosexuals (not the benefits that they may subsequently request) would affect the military.

Yeah...  All over the news...  And, you were glued to your TV screen.

They have the interwebs nowadays.  It's a system of tubes in which I can read news articles that interest me when I want, as opposed to having to be glued to a TV in order to catch what it is that I want to see at a specific time of day that may be ideal for me.

Seriously, when you jumped in and started posting, did you really analyze all of the facts, all of the evidence and all of the witness testimony prior to taking your defiant position?  I don't believe it.

I didn't just "jump in" and lecture anyone about how they were wrong.  THS asked if any attorneys thought the jury instructions affected the verdict.

Did you go senile and forget what my first substantive post stated?  I referenced the fact that there was no DNA on the duct tape, no DNA from blood in the trunk, only witness testimony regarding a smell in the trunk vs. an expert on bodily decomposition saying that a body could not have decomposed in the trunk, and no cause of death.  On that lack of evidence alone, you can't convict her of murder, manslaughter, negligence, or abuse, which I also stated in my initial post.

Did I investigate every piece of evidence?  Of course not...I don't need to know every minute detail of the trial to tell you that there wasn't enough evidence for a murder conviction.  No cause of death?  No DNA linking you to the body?  No eyewitness testimony of the death, or of you with the body, or of anyone with the body?  No time of death to compare with your alibi(s)?  Sorry, but that alone pretty much prevents a murder conviction.

And I don't believe that you reviewed all of the evidence either, so unless you're going to willingly admit that you're a hypocrite who thinks it's okay for you to take part in discussions when you haven't reviewed every single detail, but that it's not okay for others, then I don't see what the big deal is.

Ummm...  I believe that the surveillance video was linked within the article that I had originally posted at the start of that thread.

I wouldn't know; you just posted the text of the article.

To further clarify, I did watch the video prior to making my original post.

I wouldn't know; JR asked you if you had seen the video and you never answered his question.

I also did NOT adamantly defend the person who shot the thug.  I sympathized with his postion.  That was not pontificating on the legal merits of the case.  As I explained, I've been involved in a few potentially armed conflicts.  I sympathize with the situation and potential state-of-mind of the victim.  I don't believe the video adequately establishes the intent of the victim to murder someone.  It's easy to Monday-morning-quarterback and believe that a reasonable person would behave in a level-headed manner, but when you're thrown into a situation like that, keeping a level-head is about the hardest thing to do.

Well, I think that's where the problem lies:  you were speaking with attorneys, and you suggested to us what it is that a "reasonable person" would or should do.  There's a legal standard for reasonableness when it comes to self defense.  It's not really a bright line statutory rule (except in some instances, such as states with Castle Doctrine statutes and similar laws which spell out exactly when you can use deadly force), but it's detailed enough in various common law opinions that there's a pretty solid idea there.

So, when you tell us that the video wasn't enough to show intent to murder, and that his actions seemed "reasonable" to you, you're throwing down a lot of legal jargon that sets off alarms in our head.  You may personally think what he did was reasonable, but according to the law it wasn't.  You may not think that the video showed an intent to use deadly force which would likely result in death, but according to the law it did.

Sugar, your immense noodle couldn't make my ear sore...

AWK thinks differently, and his butthole is huuuuuugggeeee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

TL/DR
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
This is the least informative thread about jury duty ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: TL/DR
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »

I forgot about this thread.

They excused me August 8th-15th, but I have to be there the first week of August. 

Fuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
I like how the shortened title of this  thread is TL/DR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »

I still don't know what a diode is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2011, 04:45:11 AM »

Who the fuck wants to know about jury duty anyhow?  You fucking pansy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »

Obviously you're not a reader.  No Shakespeare plays for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
I thought you gays got along with thespians?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
Who the fuck wants to know about jury duty anyhow?  You fucking pansy...

Apparently Townhallsavoy had a quick question about jury duty. I'm not entirely sure how someones interest in jury duty correlates to being a pansy though, but I'm no lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »
but I'm no lawyer.

There ya go!   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

I thought you gays got along with thespians?

No, we just use them for sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
Look, all I'm saying is that it's silly that I'm being singled out as if all I do is follow people around when, in actuality, there are several threads in which others responded to my posts and told me that I was wrong; I'm not always the instigator, and even when I am, it's not a one-way street.
You're not getting it again...  I thought you'd be able to figure it out by now. 

The military has a process...

Now as far as any "social issues" that...

And, again, as much as you may think this is a "hard-headed response," your slippery slope arguments about new benefits and the funding for those benefits were not part of the initial discussion.  What was focused upon was whether the presence of openly homosexual servicemen would affect the efficiency of the military.  You brought up issues about heterosexuals feeling uncomfortable in foxholes, medical issues regarding HIV/AIDS, and generally how the mere presence of homosexuals (not the benefits that they may subsequently request) would affect the military.
You've completely missed the point again...  Seriously...  The bulk of my responses were very much related to the accommodations associated with permitting homosexuals to serve in the military.  Healthcare, latrines, showers, bunks, benefits, etc. are all very much a part of that.  Thlippery thloap be damned!

I didn't just "jump in" and lecture anyone about how they were wrong.  THS asked if any attorneys thought the jury instructions affected the verdict.

Did you go senile and forget what my first substantive post stated?  I referenced the fact...
Most of your original rants on the topic = TL;DR...  You just don't seem to get it...  You appeared to jump to very stern and staunch position based on a cursory analysis of the case. 

And I don't believe that you reviewed all of the evidence either, so unless you're going to willingly admit that you're a hypocrite who thinks it's okay for you to take part in discussions when you haven't reviewed every single detail, but that it's not okay for others, then I don't see what the big deal is.
Wait a minute...  We can discuss this issue without having to review everything about it.  As I said above, the difference is you seemed to quickly jump to a very stern position without reviewing enough of the facts.  It goes with that know-everything theme of yours... 

I wouldn't know; you just posted the text of the article.

I wouldn't know; JR asked you if you had seen the video and you never answered his question.
I didn't have to respond as the answer should have been obvious... 

Well, I think that's where the problem lies:  you were speaking with attorneys, and you suggested to us what it is that a "reasonable person" would or should do.  There's a legal standard for reasonableness when it comes to self defense.  It's not really a bright line statutory rule (except in some instances, such as states with Castle Doctrine statutes and similar laws which spell out exactly when you can use deadly force), but it's detailed enough in various common law opinions that there's a pretty solid idea there.

So, when you tell us that the video wasn't enough to show intent to murder, and that his actions seemed "reasonable" to you, you're throwing down a lot of legal jargon that sets off alarms in our head.  You may personally think what he did was reasonable, but according to the law it wasn't.  You may not think that the video showed an intent to use deadly force which would likely result in death, but according to the law it did.
I started the thread.  It was my opinion based on the information that I understood at the time, and I was pretty clear about that from the beginning.  It was the lawyers who jumped into that thread swinging their cocks around and beating their chests while telling everybody the way it's supposed to be.  More of that know-everything attitude again...   

AWK thinks differently, and his butthole is huuuuuugggeeee. 
There's hope.  I understand the military will soon be giving away free sphincteroplasty procedures for gay recruits.  Barney Frank is going to personally observe and test every single one of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Vandy Vol

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
The bulk of my responses were very much related to the accommodations associated with permitting homosexuals to serve in the military.  Healthcare, latrines, showers, bunks, benefits, etc. are all very much a part of that.

I recall you repeating that we would be allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military "at the expense of others."  This is a vague statement that might refer to an actual expense incurred by the taxpayers, but then you went on to make statements about their presence affecting efficiency, people not being comfortable in foxholes, people being afraid to touch an injured homosexual, etc.  You even expressly stated that we would be "[forcing] things on others without regard for their personal values," and that "it's like forcing a Muslim to sleep with pigs."  These statements don't indicate a stance that is premised upon the economic aspect of accommodating a social group into the military.

Wait a minute...  We can discuss this issue without having to review everything about it.  As I said above, the difference is you seemed to quickly jump to a very stern position without reviewing enough of the facts.  It goes with that know-everything theme of yours...

And as I said above, my very first post cited enough facts about the case to show that a not guilty verdict on charges of murder, manslaughter, and abuse was warranted.

I started the thread.  It was my opinion based on the information that I understood at the time, and I was pretty clear about that from the beginning.  It was the lawyers who jumped into that thread swinging their cocks around and beating their chests while telling everybody the way it's supposed to be.  More of that know-everything attitude again...

Like I said, you were throwing around legal jargon, intentionally or not; our bad for letting it trigger us.  That will tend to happen when someone brings up a legal topic, utilizes legal jargon, and comes to a conclusion that is not legally sound.  This is especially the case when you say things that suggest you believe the conviction was legally improper, such as "I disagree with the prosecution on this," and "[t]he local municipality made an example of him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
Appreciate the laughs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
I recall you repeating that we would be allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military "at the expense of others."  This is a vague statement that might refer to an actual expense incurred by the taxpayers, but then you went on to make statements about their presence affecting efficiency, people not being comfortable in foxholes, people being afraid to touch an injured homosexual, etc.  You even expressly stated that we would be "[forcing] things on others without regard for their personal values," and that "it's like forcing a Muslim to sleep with pigs."  These statements don't indicate a stance that is premised upon the economic aspect of accommodating a social group into the military.
Sure, I threw all of that out there, but again, the bulk of my responses were very much related to the accommodations associated with permitting homosexuals to serve in the military.  You, along with others, dismissed those concerns.  Now, here they come... 

And as I said above, my very first post cited enough facts about the case to show that a not guilty verdict on charges of murder, manslaughter, and abuse was warranted. 
You forgot your omnipotence... 

Like I said, you were throwing around legal jargon, intentionally or not; our bad for letting it trigger us.  That will tend to happen when someone brings up a legal topic, utilizes legal jargon, and comes to a conclusion that is not legally sound.  This is especially the case when you say things that suggest you believe the conviction was legally improper, such as "I disagree with the prosecution on this," and "[t]he local municipality made an example of him." 
Yeah...  Omnipotence...  You were too busy espousing your superior wisdom to understand the points of the discussion.  I still believe that this conviction was HORSE SQUEEZE, especially with the local hyphenated American community claiming that he was a racist who murdered an unarmed black man.  Nevermind the fact that he was committing a robbery at the time... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions