Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Quick Question About Jury Duty

Re: Quick Question About Jury Duty
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »
Lots of   and  in this thread.

And now we move on to the next logical step, 4chan rage faces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »
Never claimed to be.  But for whatever reason, when I make an argumentative or informative post, I'm apparently implying that I know everything about everything.  Meanwhile, those people making similar responses to my posts are doing no such thing.  They're perfect little angels.

You're no Charles Salvagio my friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
You're no Charles Salvagio my friend.

That's because I drink to much.  And to other things, but mostly to much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
That's because I drink to much.  And to other things, but mostly to much.

It's "too much" lawyerfag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »
It's "too much" lawyerfag.

No shit, limp dick.  Obviously you didn't see Salvagio's DUI posters in various bars.  Nor were you apparently able to infer that from my second sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
No shit, limp dick.  Obviously you didn't see Salvagio's DUI posters in various bars.  Nor were you apparently able to infer that from my second sentence.

My only knowledge of Charles Salvagio is his appearance on the local news after the death of Michael Jackson. It is pretty much impossible to make inferences without subjecting myself to these infamous rathskeller of which you speak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »
My only knowledge of Charles Salvagio is his appearance on the local news after the death of Michael Jackson. It is pretty much impossible to make inferences without subjecting myself to these infamous rathskeller of which you speak.

I don't know where all he had them up at.  I recall seeing them at Cafe Firenze, Innisfree, and maybe Blackwell's.  I believe they're gone now, but they said something along the lines of, "Drink to much tonight?  Call Charles Salvagio."

That's why I stated that I also drink "to other things."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
I don't know where all he had them up at.  I recall seeing them at Cafe Firenze, Innisfree, and maybe Blackwell's.  I believe they're gone now, but they said something along the lines of, "Drink to much tonight?  Call Charles Salvagio."

That's why I stated that I also drink "to other things."

The you can see my point that without prior knowledge to the aforementioned poster, a rational person would assume that you must have confused your "to, too, and twos."  I therefore retract my previous statement in which I pointed out this purposeful error. I will point out that you should err on the side of caution when making inside jokes in regards to the literature that you read when attending the various public restrooms you seem to attend. Cross me once more and I shall surely put you in your place, you rapscallion! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
The you can see my point that without prior knowledge to the aforementioned poster, a rational person would assume that you must have confused your "to, too, and twos."  I therefore retract my previous statement in which I pointed out this purposeful error. I will point out that you should err on the side of caution when making inside jokes in regards to the literature that you read when attending the various public restrooms you seem to attend. Cross me once more and I shall surely put you in your place, you rapscallion!

My bad.  He refers to himself as "THE Alabama DUI guy," so I had assumed that these posters were in places other than Birmingham.  Not to mention that about five other X'ers have seen the posters, but I guess it never made its way here.

Joke fail.

But if you do decide to put me in my place, be gentle and use baby oil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
Actually, if you must know... 

I never got a satisfactory response...

Sure, maybe 50 years down the road...

I don't understand why you're being so hard-headed on this.  I have no idea if LEDs pose a hazard, and nobody has any idea if they're truly a viable alternative to standard incandescent lighting.  I'll never be able to provide you with a satisfactory response, because you're not open to reason or logic.  Even though diodes and LEDs have been used for decades in a variety of applications, their usage profile has been significantly different than broadbased illumination.  Nothing else needs to be said...  That's it.   Again, I'm somehow expected to identify the potential risks of LEDs used in mass application as lighting sources before these devices have even been adopted.  How much more unreasonable could you be?

My issue was not specifically with your incorrect statement; my issue was with the fact that it's apparently a new trend amongst a certain group of you to follow me around the forums and complain about how I argue with every person on every topic without knowing anything about the topic...and they choose to do so on a effing legal topic.  Meanwhile, no one bats an eye about the fact that you made an incorrect statement.  No, it's obviously me who never knows what he's talking about and makes incorrect statements... 

It's fun to play devil's advocate from time-to-time to rattle cages, but you make a habit of it.  If you were to ask me, I'd say that you're the one following others around flexing your e-superiority over everyone, like were a bunch of ignorant hicks.  In fact, you're typically the one responding to our posts taking an obstinate position of disagreement or defiance.   I don't mind the alternative view or the banter at all, but your know-everything attitude is beyond annoying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »
I don't understand why you're being so hard-headed on this.  I have no idea if LEDs pose a hazard, and nobody has any idea if they're truly a viable alternative to standard incandescent lighting.  I'll never be able to provide you with a satisfactory response, because you're not open to reason or logic.  Even though diodes and LEDs have been used for decades in a variety of applications, their usage profile has been significantly different than broadbased illumination.  Nothing else needs to be said...  That's it.   Again, I'm somehow expected to identify the potential risks of LEDs used in mass application as lighting sources before these devices have even been adopted.  How much more unreasonable could you be?

It's fun to play devil's advocate from time-to-time to rattle cages, but you make a habit of it.  If you were to ask me, I'd say that you're the one following others around flexing your e-superiority over everyone, like were a bunch of ignorant hicks.  In fact, you're typically the one responding to our posts taking an obstinate position of disagreement or defiance.   I don't mind the alternative view or the banter at all, but your know-everything attitude is beyond annoying.

Burn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
Burn.

Penicillin will clear that up... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Vandy Vol

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:12 PM »

LED bulbs aren't manufactured in a drastically different way to produce light.  The chemicals that you find in standard LEDs are found in LED bulbs.  And as far as the mass application as lighting sources, they're already being used for that purpose.  They are the source of lighting for virtually every electronic device with a backlit screen.

Sure, a light bulb emits more light, but without any sort of indication that the light is dangerous, or that the manner in which the light is created is dangerous, then I don't know why you were advocating that more research be done on LED bulbs before they're mass manufactured to produce light.

My main point was that it makes no sense to state that these LED bulbs might be dangerous, yet at the same time not even remotely consider that LEDs in monitors and screens which are made to emit light also might be dangerous.

Either they both are, or neither of them are; you can't scrutinize one just because it's being used in a new, slightly different application when, in actuality, both of them contain the same types of materials and operate in the same general manner.

I follow people around?  You're the one who responded to my post in the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" thread, and then continued to respond.  You're the one who responded to my post in the LED thread, and then proceeded to steer the discussion toward some theory that LED bulbs might be dangerous.  I try to have a discussion with people in a religious forum, and nobody with which I'm talking seems to have a problem, except for GH, who comes in after not having been involved in the ongoing discussion for days and decides to randomly berate me for being a know it all just as he did in this thread.

And then, of course, there's the hypocrisy element of it all.  You and others want to preach to me about how I should keep my mouth shut unless I've experienced something, yet you want to argue that allowing homosexuals to openly serve in the military would decrease efficiency when former military officers who commanded openly homosexual members tell you that it didn't decrease efficiency?  You complain about the fact that I quote articles, surveys, studies, experts, and other sources when speaking about something with which I have no personal experience, yet you refer to legal analysts who made comments on the legal aspects of the Casey Anthony trial?

Pffft.  Cry me a river.  If you're not going to play by your own rules, then don't expect anyone else to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 03:58:40 AM »
My main point was that it makes no sense to state that these LED bulbs might be dangerous, yet at the same time not even remotely consider that LEDs in monitors and screens which are made to emit light also might be dangerous.

Either they both are, or neither of them are; you can't scrutinize one just because it's being used in a new, slightly different application when, in actuality, both of them contain the same types of materials and operate in the same general manner.
You continue to miss the point, and you continue to be unreasonable.  I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this...

I follow people around?  You're the one...  You're the one... and then...  I try to have a discussion... and decides to randomly berate me...
Stop whining...  Most of the time, you're not discussing anything.  You're pontificating and lecturing. 

And then, of course, there's the hypocrisy element of it all.  You and others want to preach to me about how I should keep my mouth shut unless I've experienced something, yet you want to argue that allowing homosexuals to openly serve in the military would decrease efficiency when former military officers who commanded openly homosexual members tell you that it didn't decrease efficiency?  You complain about the fact that I quote articles, surveys, studies, experts, and other sources when speaking about something with which I have no personal experience, yet you refer to legal analysts who made comments on the legal aspects of the Casey Anthony trial?
You continue to completely miss the point on this as well.  I've never told you to shut up...  And since DADT has been dumped, some of our concerns that you and others refuted have become new issues for the military.  One such example is the latest request for the extension of benefits to the partners of gay service members.  More social engineering...  As for the legal aspects of the Casey Anthony trial, did you honestly review the details of the case before jumping into the discussion to provide your legal expertise?  You didn't, and as you frequently do, you jumped into the thread taking the obstinate position of disagreement with that group of stalking bullies that you complained about earlier. 

Pffft.  Cry me a river. 
That's exactly it!  Everybody's picking on you...  Boohoohoooo...  Perhaps, that wouldn't be an issue if you knew how to carry a discussion without pontificating and lecturing to all o' us ignorant hicks out here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »
And now we move on to the next logical step, 4chan rage faces.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
Stop whining...  Most of the time, you're not discussing anything.  You're pontificating and lecturing.

Riiight.  Because you're not "pontificating" when you discuss something with which you have no personal experience, but I am.  You're not lecturing when you repeatedly respond to my posts and others' posts telling me I'm wrong (or that we're f-tards, or that we're ignorant, or that we're too young to know anything, etc.), but I am if I do the same.  Pot, kettle, goose, gander, and all that jazz.

I've never told you to shut up...

Not expressly, but this bitch fest about the nature of my posts pretty much implies that.

And since DADT has been dumped, some of our concerns that you and others refuted have become new issues for the military.  One such example is the latest request for the extension of benefits to the partners of gay service members.  More social engineering...

The original topic was whether repealing DADT would result in inefficiency within the military.  The fact that they are now asking for new rights does not show that there is military inefficiency due to openly-serving homosexuals.

As for the legal aspects of the Casey Anthony trial, did you honestly review the details of the case before jumping into the discussion to provide your legal expertise?  You didn't, and as you frequently do, you jumped into the thread taking the obstinate position of disagreement with that group of stalking bullies that you complained about earlier.

You might as well ask me if I know what Michael Jackson died from.  The shit was all over the news.  Aside from that, yes, I did go and read various articles to make sure that I wasn't missing something.  Because from what I and several others had understood, there wasn't enough evidence to convict her of what she was charged.  And sure enough, that was the case.

Meanwhile, you pontificated over a legal topic that you have little knowledge of...yet you see nothing wrong with that.  You jumped into a legal debate regarding a guy who shot an unconscious robber five times with a second gun, and you had never seen the surveillance video until JR posted it...yet you see nothing wrong with that.  And then you proceeded to adamantly defend the moron against all reason just so that you could continue a lecture about how we don't know shit.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

That's exactly it!  Everybody's picking on you...  Boohoohoooo...  Perhaps, that wouldn't be an issue if you knew how to carry a discussion without pontificating and lecturing to all o' us ignorant hicks out here.

I'm not the one who came in with tear-guns blazing about how Vandy Vol made me butt sore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
Sup?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »
My penis.

AWK in the same room with you huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
Riiight.  Because you're not "pontificating" when you discuss something with which you have no personal experience, but I am.  You're not lecturing when you repeatedly respond to my posts...
Now, you got it. 

...and others' posts telling me I'm wrong (or that we're f-tards, or that we're ignorant, or that we're too young to know anything, etc.), but I am if I do the same. 
No HoneyBunch, you don't do the same.  There's the difference. 

Not expressly, but this bitch fest about the nature of my posts pretty much implies that.
You seem to be missing the point again.  Seems to be a frequent issue with you... 

The original topic was whether repealing DADT would result in inefficiency within the military.  The fact that they are now asking for new rights does not show that there is military inefficiency due to openly-serving homosexuals.
Another hard-headed response...  You wanted to introduce another social experiment into the military.  Now that they've permitted homosexuals in the military, the military must address all of the social issues that this social group brings along with them.  As the military must now deal with these new distractions, whether it be the establishment of new policies or the expenses associated with responding, defending, providing or subsidizing additional benefits and accommodations to account for this new social baggage, the military undoubtedly becomes diluted and less efficient. 

You might as well ask me if I know what Michael Jackson died from.  The poop was all over the news.  Aside from that, yes, I did go and read various articles to make sure that I wasn't missing something.  Because from what I and several others had understood, there wasn't enough evidence to convict her of what she was charged.  And sure enough, that was the case.
Yeah...  All over the news...  And, you were glued to your TV screen.  Seriously, when you jumped in and started posting, did you really analyze all of the facts, all of the evidence and all of the witness testimony prior to taking your defiant position?  I don't believe it. 

Meanwhile, you pontificated over a legal topic that you have little knowledge of...yet you see nothing wrong with that.  You jumped into a legal debate regarding a guy who shot an unconscious robber five times with a second gun, and you had never seen the surveillance video until JR posted it...yet you see nothing wrong with that.  And then you proceeded to adamantly defend the moron against all reason just so that you could continue a lecture about how we don't know poop.  Hypocrisy at its finest.
Ummm...  I believe that the surveillance video was linked within the article that I had originally posted at the start of that thread.  To further clarify, I did watch the video prior to making my original post.  I also did NOT adamantly defend the person who shot the thug.  I sympathized with his postion.  That was not pontificating on the legal merits of the case.  As I explained, I've been involved in a few potentially armed conflicts.  I sympathize with the situation and potential state-of-mind of the victim.  I don't believe the video adequately establishes the intent of the victim to murder someone.  It's easy to Monday-morning-quarterback and believe that a reasonable person would behave in a level-headed manner, but when you're thrown into a situation like that, keeping a level-head is about the hardest thing to do.  With that video alone, you could speculate all sorts of horrible ideas and intentions by the person who was ultimately convicted, but you really don't know what was going through his mind at the time.  BTW, thtop following me around to pick on me, you big bully!

I'm not the one who came in with tear-guns blazing about how Vandy Vol made me butt sore.
Sugar, your immense noodle couldn't make my ear sore...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions