Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SportsByBrooks Strikes Again...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: SportsByBrooks Strikes Again...
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He just said there were 70 hostesses. 70 divided by $999.60 is ohhhh...around $15 per worker. Let's say half of them didn't work that week....that makes the total $30 per worker...

Dude needs to fucking stop before he digs even deeper...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
WTF! The whole intent is to make it look like AU is supplying hookers. That's why he doesn't break down the numbers. Enough people will believe it's true. That's all that matters. He runs a gossip page and wants to be cfb's version of the paparazzi. You can hire a PI to do the same thing.  I listened to this guy on Finebaum one afternoon babbling and gasping for air up against a break. Even Pawwl was perplexed. Brook's desperately needs Finebaum's blessing for relevance and thinks whatever he uncovers is worthy of a sting operation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
From Philip Marshall:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Truth-about-Tigerette-Tiger-Hosts-program-2761461

I have talked today with people who have been recently or are currently involved with Auburn's Tigerette and Tiger Hosts program. Here';s what I have learned:

* There is no pay for being a Tigerette. Period. It is an all-volunteer group.

* Offices in the athletic department - recruiting, academics, media relations, etc. - have budgeted student positions. Tigerettes or Tiger Hosts often apply for those positions and, if they are hired, are paid like any other students.

* Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts operate under very strict guidelines and are constantly monitored to assure they do not run afoul of NCAA rules.

* One person, asked if there was a desire to go on record, said "My first inclination is that I want to do that because it's wrong what has been said, but if I did, my words would just be twisted. It's better not to say anything."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
Phillip Marshall Has some bite for SBB
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Phillips-blog-A-new-low-29202
Home » Articles » Phillip's blog: A new low

Phillip's blog: A new low
Phillip Marshall
ShareIt was bad when Cam Newton’s character was assaulted. It was bad when Auburn’s national championship was called into question based on nothing.

Senior Editor Phillip MarshallBut what happened Monday was worse.

Brooks Melchior, the real name behind the vitriol on the SportsByBrooks web site, breathlessly exposed that some Auburn Tigerettes had been paid in the past two years. A real reporter, of course, would have done some minimal research and discovered that they were not paid for their work as Tigerettes but for various budgeted student jobs.

But to call Melchior a reporter is like calling me skinny. You can say it, but it doesn’t make it so.

Instead, Melchior wrote a long piece about some Auburn Tigerettes getting paid and that some of them became Facebook friends with a former recruit after he enrolled in school. He dug out some old quotes and pretended he had a scoop.

Melchior, no doubt, would say that he wrote nothing in the piece that wasn’t true. But he did exactly what set out to do. He gave the impression that the Tigerettes had done something wrong.

He didn’t have to say it. The comments on the story said it for him. That’s the way he works.

Innuendo is Melchior’s stock in trade. Truth? Accuracy? Context? Not so much.

It’s bad when the target is a big-time college quarterback, but big-time college quarterbacks are accustomed to being on the big stage, even accustomed to being criticized.

It’s bad when it’s a coach, but coaches are paid well enough to take it.

But when Melchior takes off after female college students about whom he knows nothing, resulting in faceless, gutless message board posters calling them prostitutes and worse, that’s a new low.

All of us have, at one time or another, written stories that hurt people. Some of us have empathy for those who are hurt.

And then there are those who just don’t care.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
What hostesses do with recruits, etc., is probably about the same at nearly every major D1 football school. Let's not open that can of worms, because really, you're gonna get into some shit there. I think everybody knows what I'm saying. If it is legal to pay the hostesses (which I'm 99.9999% sure it is), SO FUCKING WHAT that AU pays them more than the 3 schools he "checked with". I get paid more than some people that do my same job in other cities. Some people get paid more than me. It's like that no matter where you work.

It just seems like dude did an awful lot of digging and "checking" to then shout from the rooftops that he found absolutely nothing.

At least you see it.

Maybe we need to start digging around into UGA's finances and "wrong doings".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
I have a confession to make.  While at school at Auburn I got paid...by the school...(choke, sob)... to paint ...(Oh God have mercy on me)..the ATHLETIC DORMS...(waaaahhhhh!!!).  For this service I was paid....(sniffle)...minimum wage.

I'm sorry that I took money from Auburn for a service rendered to said institution.  I'm even sorrier that  I spilled paint on that 6'6" 325lb offensive lineman's carpet and blamed it on another guy who had just left (actually that was pretty funny).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
I have a confession to make.  While at school at Auburn I got paid...by the school...(choke, sob)... to paint ...(Oh God have mercy on me)..the ATHLETIC DORMS...(waaaahhhhh!!!).  For this service I was paid....(sniffle)...minimum wage.

I'm sorry that I took money from Auburn for a service rendered to said institution.  I'm even sorrier that  I spilled paint on that 6'6" 325lb offensive lineman's carpet and blamed it on another guy who had just left (actually that was pretty funny).

Isn't this going to make the hammer fall even harder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »
Isn't this going to make the hammer fall even harder?
Actually it was fine, until he lied about the carpet.  Now the OL will take the heat and we are facing the death penalty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
Phillip Marshall Has some bite for SBB
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Phillips-blog-A-new-low-29202

Melchior??? That's his last name?

Oh my......we could have some fun here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
Well, Brooks has loaded the gun for Finebaum.  He and his callers are running hard with the "inference" Brooks wanted to create..."Auburn's Tigerettes are whores paid for by the school to recruit players."

Nice sounding girl calls in and claims to be a former Tigerette about 4 years out of school, says it's all on the up and up, and has never seen or been asked to do anything wrong, or been paid for being a Tigerette.  Response, AFTER she's gone, guffaws, giggles, innuendo, and one of Paul's regulars calling in to say "she has no idea what's going on NOW at Auburn".   

Fuckers should be sued then shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »
Well, Brooks has loaded the gun for Finebaum.  He and his callers are running hard with the "inference" Brooks wanted to create..."Auburn's Tigerettes are whores paid for by the school to recruit players."

Nice sounding girl calls in and claims to be a former Tigerette about 4 years out of school, says it's all on the up and up, and has never seen or been asked to do anything wrong, or been paid for being a Tigerette.  Response, AFTER she's gone, guffaws, giggles, innuendo, and one of Paul's regulars calling in to say "she has no idea what's going on NOW at Auburn".   

Fuckers should be sued then shot.

She sounded like she'd been smoking dope before she called. 

The guy who claimed to be a host (apologies if it's one of you) appeared to have tourette's or epilepsy or something. 

They hurt.  Nobody heard a word they said and they didn't sound credible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
The fact that even the biggest mouthbreeding Harvey Updykes lend this any credence whatsoever, is frankly astounding.

I really can't believe anyone would jump from the fact that some football hostesses are also on the payroll to the conclusion that they are paid prostitutes being paid by the school is really disgusting.

The fact that anyone would continue to slander these girls whose real names and pictures have been posted all over the Internet with those types of insinuation truly disturbs me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »
She sounded like she'd been smoking dope before she called. 

The guy who claimed to be a host (apologies if it's one of you) appeared to have tourette's or epilepsy or something. 

They hurt.  Nobody heard a word they said and they didn't sound credible.
People get nervous when they call in to the radio. It's easier said than done. These sociopaths that call in every day like it's the WWF do it with ease, but it's understandable that a first time caller is going to get nervous.

Especially when you call Paul Finebaum to defend Auburn, you've got to be nervous that he's going to twist something you said into something you didn't really say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »
Finebaum now saying of the girl Tigerette that called in "Doth protest too much."

Fuck you, Paul.

Seriously. Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
I can't listen to this shit any longer. 

It makes me want to harness an F-5 super cell tornado, hit the ground about Fosters and chew a 10-mile wide swath all the way to the Tennessee line up 65.  Then I'd take a right turn, mow across the state's northern border and churn back down 59 for good measure. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »
Neither was very articulate.  They didn't sound completely embarrassing, just like nervous kids.   

Guy calling  now calling them all POS for attacking 20 year old girls like they are.  Finebaum wouldn't respond...he'll be labeled a whiner.

Now, when under assault...defending yourself is suspicious. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
Holy shit, that guy finally just put a steak through Finebaum's heart.

Fucking FINALLY.

Cliffs: He said that not only Brooks but "YOU Paul. You are included in this, if not at the forefront", are absolutely disgusting for dragging 17-22 year old girls' reputations through the mud to get a chuckle. These are someone's daughters. Basically called Paul the lowest of the lowest lifeforms on earth for this. And he didn't sound like a raving lunatic.

He ended the call with "Are you going to say anything Paul, or are you just going to hang up on me?"

Paul hung up on him. Went to the next caller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »
Predictably now, Finebaum is saying "Some Auburn fans are trying to turn it around on me."

Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »
Predictably now, Finebaum is saying "Some Auburn fans are trying to turn it around on me."

Fuck you.

Got people calling in now that think Brooks "alleged impropriety."

Now someone claiming to be Vincent Harris' brother says the Tigerettes were fucking them left and right during their recruitment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »
This could get really nasty for some folks and that doesn't include anyone from Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions