Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Speculation about Slater's replacement

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Speculation about Slater's replacement
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:01:55 PM »
Now that it seems inevitable to everybody except Jay Jacobs...who do you think Auburn should go after to lead the baseball Tigers after Slater gets shown the door?

Gary Gilmore from Coastal Carolina? 
Maybe it is time to bring Casey Dunn home?

What say you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Speculation about Slater's replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:31:16 AM »
Now that it seems inevitable to everybody except Jay Jacobs...who do you think Auburn should go after to lead the baseball Tigers after Slater gets shown the door?

Gary Gilmore from Coastal Carolina? 
Maybe it is time to bring Casey Dunn home?

What say you?

Jacobs' dumb ass won't fire him.  He's too ignorant. 

His forte is running off people like Will Muschamp and Dave Marsh.  You know, those slackers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »
I bet you a buffalo nickel he does.

Barring of course a couple miracle sweeps, making it to the SEC tournament, and then placing at least 3rd or so, Slater's gone next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 05:12:49 AM »
Right now, I know there are no chances of winning the SEC tournament, but I am hoping we ate least get in to the tournament. That way, if we get a new coach, and I hope we are, he will have that to use for recruiting. The downside to getting into the tournament, Jacobs may try to spin that too mean that Slater is making progress and should stay. Jacobs would probably completely ignore the fact that Slater has brought a program that used to shoot for hoping to at least host a CWS regional ever year to a program that just hopes it can make the SEC tournament.

I remembering mentioning the coach from Troy over at AUNation last year when this talk came up. AUesquire brought him up again and I think he would be a pretty good candidate also. Pierce took a losing program at Troy to a program that has won their conference championship and made it to the NCAA regionals.

I concur on the idea of bringing Casey Dunn back also. He has done a heckuva job recruiting at Samford. He also has shown he knows what to do with them after he gets them there, which can't be said the same for Slater.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:37:05 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
Pierce would be a good choice.

Plus it'd be funny. My roommate (ex Troy football player) is already fuming that we stole their OC.

He probably wouldn't talk to me if we swiped up their other bright spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »
On Fox Sports South now!

Tune in!

Let's clench the win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
On Fox Sports South now!

Tune in!

Let's clench the series win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »
Phillip Marshall has already started the apologist train for Jay Jacobs' impending stupidity.  Below is the link to the article and a couple of choice nuggets from the trash.  Most people saw that Slater didn't have what it takes a year ago.  God help the football program if Tuberville ever leaves and this raging assclown Jacobs is making the hiring decisions. What a douche bag.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/05/time_has_come_to_make_a_call_o.html

I don't know where things stand today, and Jacobs did not return telephone calls Sunday night. But I do know that Jacobs likes the way Slater runs his program and wants him to make it.

The easy decision for Jacobs, really, would be to make a change. But the easy decision is not always the best decision.

Between 2005 and 2006, the Tigers lost 16 consecutive SEC games. They finished last in both seasons. On the other hand, this team is obviously better than the previous two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:12:32 AM »
This is going to be 4 seasons in a row that we fail to make the SEC tournament.  There is no reason whatsoever for the kind of repeated bedshittery that we've seen from the baseball program...being one of the 8 best teams in the league isn't much of an accomplishment, but it's apparently an impossible task for the current leadership.

Slater needs to be gone yesterday. :flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
OK, now that he is gone, do any of you that follow the baseball program closely have any insight as to who we are going after?  I would like to see Dunn get it, but Jacobs hired a search firm to handle this, so I don't think he is looking at Dunn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »
OK, now that he is gone, do any of you that follow the baseball program closely have any insight as to who we are going after?  I would like to see Dunn get it, but Jacobs hired a search firm to handle this, so I don't think he is looking at Dunn.

I don't know who we are going after...but I hope it isn't Dunn. Casey Dunn would come here as an assistant coach, so I hope we don't have to settle for him as a head guy.

Our last two hires have been up and coming guys, I'm thinking we need to go in the opposite direction with an established, older coach. But finding one that is willing to come to Auburn is going to be the tough part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
Offer it to Pierce.  He will come.

I heard an interview with him prior to the season and he was getting questioned pretty hard by our local sports talk guy about the Auburn and Alabama jobs with Slater sucking and Wells sitting on the fence.  He was doing a very poor job of trying to say everything but..."Pleeeeeeease offer me one of those jobs...I'm so freakin' there."

This guy can coach and he's been there done that so you know what you're getting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
How about Buck Showalter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »
Who is the most highly respected coach in the US?  Go get him and work down the food chain.  I miss not having a decent baseball team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
Ron Polk is available.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 10:52:33 PM »
I noticed today that Auburn is apparently talking at least to the coach at Jacksonville State. If you go back to a year ago when Slater should have been fired and look up some posts on that shitty other site, you'll see where Kaos, aka Galen, suggested this. 

I am omniscipotent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions