Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If you aren't burned out on Cam talk..

Aubie16

If you aren't burned out on Cam talk..
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
http://harvardjsel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Heitner.pdf

Pages 359-363 of this document is the best summary and argument I've seen describing why the Cam situation worked the way it did.

Too bad none of the reporters of the story had anywhere near the reasoning ability of this author.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: If you aren't burned out on Cam talk..
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
I'm going to pass.  I don't care what anyone says about Cam...praise or not, because what I know has already been discussed between everyone here/elsewhere and I...and that's all that matters.  Fuck what others "know", that includes ESPN, HBO, Fox"Sports", NY Times, ALL of the bammer media (WJOX especially) , including Evan Woodbammer's sorry excuse of beat writing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
Cam Newton - 5 star recruit - backup to Tim Tebow - Blinn Junior College MVP and national champ - Auburn MVP, Heisman winner, and national champ - #1 pick in NFL draft - formal study at Harvard Law - THE GOAT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:32:29 AM »
I'm going to pass.  I don't care what anyone says about Cam...praise or not, because what I know has already been discussed between everyone here/elsewhere and I...and that's all that matters.  Fuck what others "know", that includes ESPN, HBO, Fox"Sports", NY Times, ALL of the bammer media (WJOX especially) , including Evan Woodbammer's sorry excuse of beat writing.

I understand. But it is Harvard Law so I thought I'd give it a read. Glad I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
As the facts began to unfold, it became clear that Newton’s father was
responsible for the “pay-to-play” demands placed on potential schools in
exchange for his son’s services.

NO, IT BECAME THE SPECULATION OF A RUMOR MILL RUM AMOK.

The younger Newton had let his father
decide where he would play,105 and the elder Newton allegedly used this
opportunity to indirectly contact potential schools to solicit six-figure
payoffs to steer his son toward that institution.106 Although Mississippi
State was the only confirmed school that Newton propositioned with the
“pay-to-play” demand, speculation abounded whether other schools
received the same, or a similar, request.

MSU was not only the only "confirmed school" propositioned, it was the only school alleged to have been propositioned. 

Utter Fail! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
The investigation confirmed that Cam’s father did indeed
contact Mississippi State to solicit a cash payment in return for his son
playing there,

And this is supposed to be facts recited by guys with these credentials?

Darren A. Heitner= J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010; B.A., University of Florida, 2007.
Associate, Koch Parafinczuk & Wolf, P.A., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where his practice
focuses on litigation and transactional work, including but not limited to sports and
entertainment law matters, intellectual property issues, personal injury disputes, complex
commercial litigation, property damage lawsuits, insurance defense and business
transactions. He is also the CEO of Dynasty Athlete Representation, LLC and the Chief
Editor of SportsAgentBlog.com.

Jeffrey F. Levine= J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2007, Certificate in Sports Law, B.A., University of
Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2004. Of Counsel, Singer Pistiner, P.C. Mr. Levine practices in the
areas of sports and entertainment law, intellectual property law, business transactions,
bankruptcy and collections. He is an adjunct professor of sports law for Phoenix School of
Law and also serves as a sports law commentator.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »
Yup, fucking chewed up then regurgitated garbage.  Glad I didn't waste my time on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Sent this email to Heitner yesterday.  No reply thus far.

Darren,

Your recitation of "the facts" in your Harvard Law JSEL piece on Cam Newton was an utter failure.  I would have expected more from a guy with your credentials.

You did nothing but regurgitate what some very unethical journalist wrote, often from single, unnamed sources, and often proved inaccurate or plain false.  For instance, in your first paragraph you wrote: "A few months after the injury, the elite quarterback prospect faced academic misconduct allegations," and cited an ESPN article.  That ESPN article cited a FoxSports.com article by Thayer Evans.  Evans cited a single, unnamed source.  AuburnSports.com ran this following that piece:  http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1150363 which read, in part: "Two independent sources with detailed knowledge of the UF academic discipline system during the period in question have disputed the Evans story. According to the sources, no allegations of academic impropriety regarding Cam Newton were sent to the Florida Student Conduct Committee at any time either during or after Newton's time at UF."

You further rehashed the rumor mill, and unethical reporting with what you claimed were the facts about what Cecil Newton did during the situation at MSU, and even speculated he shopped Cam to other schools, though that's not even been alleged.

All in all, it was shameful what you used as cited sources for your "facts".  It sickened me, and I read no further than that. 

I suggest you be more careful in reciting facts in such publications in the future.  I'll be writing Harvard Law as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions