Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corey Grant?

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Corey Grant?
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
As you typed that, an eerie deja vu feeling did not come over you?

It was like it happened all over again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
It was like it happened all over again.
That just happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 09:56:18 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
So fucking tired of both sides conjuring up something on a message board and/or blog, then picking it up and running with it like it's true. Then if it doesn't happen, yet another conspiracy theory is created to explain why the first one didn't come true. It always involves some player who is an "easy target" and would be believable to the sheep of each fanbase. A recruit that was split between the two schools and chose one, a player one recruited heavily and he went to another school, etc etc.

Whether the Corey Grant thing is true, I don't know. But at this point, it's bullshit until Grant or UA come out and say he's transferring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
So fucking tired of both sides conjuring up something on a message board and/or blog, then picking it up and running with it like it's true. Then if it doesn't happen, yet another conspiracy theory is created to explain why the first one didn't come true. It always involves some player who is an "easy target" and would be believable to the sheep of each fanbase. A recruit that was split between the two schools and chose one, a player one recruited heavily and he went to another school, etc etc.

Whether the Corey Grant thing is true, I don't know. But at this point, it's bullshit until Grant or UA come out and say he's transferring.
I can't say with 100% veracity, but I feel like there is definitely something to the Corey Grant stuff, and you're blowing a whole lot of smoke for nothing.

These "rumors" didn't just originate from some anonymous trolling asshole on the bunker. There are (relatively) reputable blogs putting themselves out there saying that they have confirmed this to be true. This is, of course, predecated on several sources reporting that he wanted to transfer from Alabama, not specifying where he would be transferring to, that started over a week ago.

I'm not saying I know for 100% fact that these things are true, but I think you're overstating the baselessness of this "rumor".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:46:15 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »

So, should nobody discuss it?   Should this just be a TigersX straight up news organization?  Only put shit out there, or discuss things that are factually already available anyway?

I like the way you think sir.  You are a revolutionary thinker and fine example of the top .0004% of society.

Sounds like to me you're just tired of message boards.  It's not like what you're bitching about doesn't go on on 100% of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
(relatively) reputable blogs
Jesus....relatively reputable blogs have confirmed it.

Your definition of baseless is different than mine. Is that because we both want the outcome of the rumor to side on each of our sides of the fense? Perhaps. But holy hell, some "reputable blogs" were reporting all kinds of crazy shit that they had "confirmed" about the Cam Newton scandal. ESPN was reporting shit, and you guys were tearing it down bit by bit. But since this is something you want to favor AU, and AU blogs/message boards are reporting it, in your mind those a reputable because they support the outcome you favor.

It's all a matter of opinion. I simply find it amusing how now some blogs are "reputable" as long as they blog in AU's favor, but others aren't and some actual legit media agencies such as ESPN and the NYT are complete shams because they don't report in AU's favor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »
So, should nobody discuss it?   Should this just be a TigersX straight up news organization?  Only put shit out there, or discuss things that are factually already available anyway?

I like the way you think sir.  You are a revolutionary thinker and fine example of the top .0004% of society.

Sounds like to me you're just tired of message boards.  It's not like what you're bitching about doesn't go on on 100% of them.
Prowler didn't conjure this up. He's not smart enough. My post was more of a general statement saying I'm tired of both sides just making shit up for the fun of it. Maybe the Grant stuff is true. Maybe it isn't. I don't know. In my eyes, it's BS until it happens. I personally don't believe that it's true, but I don't have any kind of information to support that opinion. It's just my opinion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
Jesus....relatively reputable blogs have confirmed it.

Your definition of baseless is different than mine. Is that because we both want the outcome of the rumor to side on each of our sides of the fense? Perhaps. But holy hell, some "reputable blogs" were reporting all kinds of crazy shit that they had "confirmed" about the Cam Newton scandal. ESPN was reporting shit, and you guys were tearing it down bit by bit. But since this is something you want to favor AU, and AU blogs/message boards are reporting it, in your mind those a reputable because they support the outcome you favor.

It's all a matter of opinion. I simply find it amusing how now some blogs are "reputable" as long as they blog in AU's favor, but others aren't and some actual legit media agencies such as ESPN and the NYT are complete shams because they don't report in AU's favor.

Does it not matter that people that follow AU directly might have better sources in and around AU than people "reporting" complete hearsay from people NOT directly involved with AU (ie; Blogle and other AU blogs with AU sources, vs. ESPN Joe Schad who was even quoted as saying that he didn't care who the source was?)

Your example of using ESPN was laughable.  NYT's falls into the exact same catagory.  None of those stories turned out to be true, or proven to be true either.  Only Cecil's apparent admitting of talks, but that's a far cry from the countless other points of bullshit they flung with no basis other than to fling it at a hot time for publication circulations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »
I personally don't believe that it's true, but I don't have any kind of information to support that opinion. It's just my opinion.

I'd argue you're simply tired of it because of what you said here.  You just don't think it's true and you don't like hearing it.  You just cloak it with the "both sides" BS.  However, you're one of the FIRST in here to post anything that might be anti-AU...which is your right as an opposing fan, but let's cut the bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
I'd argue you're simply tired of it because of what you said here.  You just don't think it's true and you don't like hearing it.  You just cloak it with the "both sides" BS.  However, you're one of the FIRST in here to post anything that might be anti-AU...which is your right as an opposing fan, but let's cut the bullshit.
No. I really am sick of the back and forth bullshit. I've been saying it for sometime now. It has made this whole rivalry not fun at all. I've nearly stopped following recruiting for that matter, because you can't even have a decent discussion about it anymore.

Oh, and when exactly was the last time I posted some bullshit anti-AU rumor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
It has made this whole rivalry not fun at all.

I had nearly reached that point pre-Updyke.  Now, I really don't give a shit.  It's not fun at all, and that's the most disappointing thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
I had nearly reached that point pre-Updyke.  Now, I really don't give a poop.  It's not fun at all, and that's the most disappointing thing.

Been leaning this way for a while myself.  Don't get me wrong, whenever I see bammer lose at anything, I smile, but as far as talking smack amongst friends, we don't anymore, it's not funny, as a matter of fact the only time I talk sports for the most part is when it is with someone from here.  Music, food, booze, humor, work and kids are all I usually make time for now days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
I'm just gonna have to delete this bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Agreed on the not fun anymore take.  College football fans have now focused more on tearing the other guy down than worrying about their own program.  There shouldn't be a need for something like NtY Foundation....but there is.  When websites are created with the sole purpose of trying to get dirt on and bring down a rival school, you gots problems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »
Oh, and when exactly was the last time I posted some bullshit anti-AU rumor?

You sticking with the ESPN and NYT's being "legit" news sources based on everything known at this point?  Everything Joe Schad reported is legit, true and verified, right?  If you think so, then I see no need to answer your question above.

Point being, you're just as guilty of rolling with what you want to hear and whatever than anyone else on this board.  I think that's fair. 

All I'm saying.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
Agreed on the not fun anymore take.  College football fans have now focused more on tearing the other guy down than worrying about their own program.  There shouldn't be a need for something like NtY Foundation....but there is.  When websites are created with the sole purpose of trying to get dirt on and bring down a rival school, you gots problems.

Agreed.  There isn't a program or fan not guilty of it also.  Myself included. 

I used to follow, post and do all kinds of shit to keep up with recruiting, but there's so much BS you have to read, just do get through it to see anything worth noting, it's a pain in the ass.  It sucks.  Used to be a pleasant distraction, just pisses you off now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Agreed.  There isn't a program or fan not guilty of it also.  Myself included. 

I used to follow, post and do all kinds of shit to keep up with recruiting, but there's so much BS you have to read, just do get through it to see anything worth noting, it's a pain in the ass.  It sucks.  Used to be a pleasant distraction, just pisses you off now.

Used to keep up with it too but stopped several years back.  I just leech off you guys and see who we're offering and who commits.  I love to breakdown who we sign and guess who might contribute right away etc.  As far as following overall recruiting and who any other team signed....nada.  I can tell you 2 guys that Bama signed this year.  Callaway and Kujomandikwebeeboobla...only because of the controversy surrounding those two.  Other than that, I never even glimpsed at their class...or Florida's or Georgia's..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
Used to keep up with it too but stopped several years back.  I just leech off you guys and see who we're offering and who commits.  I love to breakdown who we sign and guess who might contribute right away etc.  As far as following overall recruiting and who any other team signed....nada.  I can tell you 2 guys that Bama signed this year.  Callaway and Kujomandikwebeeboobla...only because of the controversy surrounding those two.  Other than that, I never even glimpsed at their class...or Florida's or Georgia's..
Don't feel bad, I couldn't even tell you the name of one Alabama signee in the current class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
RWS has implied the premise, and no one has seemed to challenge it, that a blogger reporting something like a player is going to transfer, is equivalent to some trash site like SportsByBrooks accusing a program or player of cheating.

Come on.

First of all, in the former scenario, no one is accusing anyone of anything. There's no malicious intent. It's not about slandering someone based on some rumor you heard by throwing as much shit up against a wall as you can, and hoping some of it sticks. We're talking about a blog trying to be the first to report a "scoop" that can 100% be verified as fact one way or the other. The two are apples and veal parmisagn.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:18:36 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions