Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Destinations

Aubie16

Re: Alabama Destinations
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »
http://www.chiefladiga.com/

Hiking or biking up and down the former railroad.  You can camp along the way too I think.  Goes through the Appalachian Foothills and loverlee Piedmont, AL...

A little correction to the blurb you found...it is now connected to the Silver Comet trail. Together they span 90 miles straight of paved recreational path. That would be a fun 3 or 4 day bike ride there and back depending on how many miles a day you want to do. 180 miles total.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:49 PM »
Girlfriend, not GodFather.

Just  :poke:. hehehehe
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 02:24:56 PM »
A little correction to the blurb you found...it is now connected to the Silver Comet trail. Together they span 90 miles straight of paved recreational path. That would be a fun 3 or 4 day bike ride there and back depending on how many miles a day you want to do. 180 miles total.

That would be perfect as long as there is somewhere to recharge my bike at night........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »
Just  :poke:. hehehehe

I know, I just wanted to clarify before the shots stated coming from other directions (read:other posters)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
This sounds like me after some a lot of Wild Turkey.

Or you (and me, and the bro in law) scrounging around kappa sig stealing people's booze after the season opener last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Damn! 
That price includes the Brita filtration system.

You can't hide money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
You can't hide money.
Just like the Catalina Wine Mixer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
Tamarack.....good times
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 02:51:29 PM »
EDIT:  I have since mellowed out and don't give a shit anymore and learned to control myself.  I can drink anything and will wind up the night telling everyone I love them and give them hugs, free bottles of booze and good cigars.  I am a pretty good drunk for the most part these days.

That pretty well describes me as well.  I have almost always been that way though...my Frat brothers constantly razzed me after parties, because after I got drunk all I did was go around hugging everybody and saying "I love you" to anybody that didn't just push me away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
That pretty well describes me as well.  I have almost always been that way though...my Frat brothers constantly razzed me after parties, because after I got drunk all I did was go around hugging everybody and saying "I love you" to anybody that didn't just push me away.
That was you??? No shit. Small world this is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
Or you (and me, and the bro in law) scrounging around kappa sig stealing people's booze after the season opener last year.

I think I will consider this as a case of lost and found. They lost it and we found it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »
My roommate lost a fight to a hanging light fixture (it jumped him) in Tamarack Apt at Auburn.  It knocked him down and then my friend couldn't lay a hand on it because it was swinging too much.

I lived at Tamarack for two years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

One night, being my loving drunk self, I gave a friend a nice bottle of Joseph Phelps Insignia 04 and two Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Masterpiece just b/c I thought it was cool that his name was Joseph.  That little episode only cost me about $300.   :facepalm:  $50 on the cigars and $200 for the wine (which I lucked into and didn't plan on giving away).   I woke up the next morning remembering it and just laughed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
Wife was out town a couple of weeks ago, thought I’d watch the SEC cham game and MNC game as there was nothing else on. Watched both game and before I knew it had gone through almost a 12 pack of hoegarden.

After the games the music (XM-from Direct TV) got good to me and I got good to it.  To this day my dog looks at me very funny.

On a physical note: I kicked the shit out the trash can as it tried to stop me from getting my last beer. When you have had 11 beers and you open the fridge and see that last cold beer and know you have no more. You get a little depressed.  :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »

When you have had 11 beers and you open the fridge and see that last cold beer and know you have no more. You get a little depressed.  :sad:

Amen brother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
I like to drunk post, text and dial as well.  I called a good friend a few weeks back at 2:45 one morning to tell him that Jackyl is coming to Nashville and we should go.

Pretty sure his wife is still pissed.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »
I like to drunk post, text and dial as well.  I called a good friend a few weeks back at 2:45 one morning to tell him that Jackyl is coming to Nashville and we should go.

Pretty sure his wife is still pissed.  :)

I had a friend who used to do that to me.  The last time he drunk called me was to tell me, "They shot Jay!  Jam Master Jay is dead, B!" 

And my wife is still pissed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »
I had a friend who used to do that to me.  The last time he drunk called me was to tell me, "They shot Jay!  Jam Master Jay is dead, B!" 

See I may still do that, it all depends on what comes across my impaired mind.  I have a friend that we can call in the middle of the night when we are drunk arguing about useless trivia, he is a fountain of useless knowledge.   He always answers and tells us he will call us back in a minute when he has a moment to think clearly about it.  He has never failed to call.  Damn good friend that guy is.

I have a number of good drunk stories I can tell.  Some are funny, some make you think, WTF are you thinking.   These stories today have made me gwaff heartily though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »

Why? Had she been Doing Jay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
Why? Had she been Doing Jay?

She did like Adidas.   :sneer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.