Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN: Russell Wilson In The Plans At Auburn?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
ESPN: Russell Wilson In The Plans At Auburn?
« on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/23335/russell-wilson-in-the-plans-at-auburn

Russell Wilson in the plans at Auburn?
May, 31, 2011 May 315:42PM ETEmail Print Comments13 By Chris Low

DESTIN, Fla. -- Auburn coach Gene Chizik wasn’t mentioning any names (and per NCAA rules, he can’t), but he certainly sounded open Tuesday to the possibility of bringing in former North Carolina State quarterback Russell Wilson.

Wilson is currently playing minor league baseball, but still has one year of eligibility remaining and visited Auburn last week. He's also interested in Wisconsin.

Chizik was asked if he would consider taking a transfer quarterback for the 2011 season and said, “When it comes to the recruiting part of it, my job as the head coach at Auburn is to make sure we’re developing our roster the best way we see fit to help Auburn win.

“So as we go down the recruiting road, whoever gives us that opportunity to win at Auburn, whether it’s a junior college transfer or high school (player) or whoever we feel fits the bill to continuously improve Auburn’s football team to give us a chance to compete for the championship, then obviously that’s my job and I’m for it.”

The Tigers exited spring without a clear answer at quarterback. Junior Barrett Trotter and sophomore Clint Moseley battled to a draw, and offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn said there wasn’t enough separation to name a starter. True freshman Kiehl Frazier arrived on campus earlier this month.

But in Wilson, the Tigers would get an experienced quarterback who passed for more than 3,600 yards last season at NC State and is a good fit athletically for Malzahn's spread offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: ESPN: Russell Wilson In The Plans At Auburn?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
I am the point that I would like very much this guy to come to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions