Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why you should not drink and have target practice inside the house

ST. LUCIE COUNTY, Fla. - Officials are investigating a weekend incident in which a woman apparently fired an AR-15 rifle at a target inside her future ex-husband's master bedroom closet, missing the target and blasting holes in a washing machine.

When deputies on Sunday entered the home in the 5700 block of Spanish River Road, they found "a lot of water on the floor covering most of the residence,"
according to recently released St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office records.

The 21-year-old woman said she and her husband are divorcing. She said her 33-year-old spouse called on Saturday, asking whether they could "get together."

They had a "good evening," but started arguing on Sunday about reconciling. She said she told her husband she didn't want to get back together because she has a new boyfriend. She said her husband "went crazy" and started shooting indoors.

She said he was firing close to her and thought he was trying to scare her. She said blood on her legs came from "the bullets hitting the washing machine and the metal shards hitting her."

The woman, however, said she also was shooting with her husband.

Asked to write a sworn statement, she said, "I'll try my best but I'm drunk." Color me shocked.

Investigators found .223 caliber and .45 caliber cartridge casings in the master bedroom and a wood and metal shooting target in the closet. Bullet holes riddled the washing machine, and bullet exit holes were spotted in the wall across from the washing machine.

A deputy learned they'd been in the bedroom shooting the target in the closet. Sounds like foreplay to me.

"They had done this on multiple occasions," a report states, noting both had been drinking.

The husband said he was cooking on the grill outside. His wife was inside, and he ran in when he heard shots.

"According to (the husband), once inside he observed water all over the floor and learned (his wife) had shot the AR-15 assault rifle, missing the target, going through the wall and striking the washing machine causing the water leak," a report states.

That, he said, is when he started arguing with his wife and told her to get out.

He said metal shards struck his wife while she shot the AR-15 alone.

It could be argued that firing a rifle within the confines of a bedroom is unwise.

One neighbor said he and his wife heard loud music coming from the home, but said that wasn't unusual. He said he heard five to six "'pops that sounded like gun shots in rapid succession,'" but suspected they were fireworks.

About 10 minutes later, the neighbor said, he saw the husband grilling in the driveway. The neighbor noted four to five more shots coming from in the house as the husband grilled. The husband raced inside and deputies soon showed up, apparently after the wife dialed 911.

As deputies watched the husband, he said, "About the arguing, she just grabbed the gun from the safe and started shooting and punching holes in the walls. The house then flooded so I went inside to clean it up."

Investigators spoke to a prosecutor and determined no charges would be filed at the time. The husband's three guns were taken from a safe and put into evidence for safekeeping.

The wife walked away, saying a ride was going to pick her up.

"Both parties were advised to stay away from each other," the report states.

It wasn't immediately clear what the husband was grilling.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:55:00 AM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Why you should not drink and have target practice inside the house
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
It wasn't immediately clear what the husband was grilling.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jesus

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
The wife walked away, saying a ride was going to pick her up.

Ooh-ooh-ooooh!  Mr. Kotter!  I know who was gonna pick her up.

They had a "good evening," but started arguing on Sunday about reconciling. She said she told her husband she didn't want to get back together because she has a new boyfriend.

Help me out.  What are the Daily and Possession limits in Florida for Washing Machines?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Stir Good!  Puppy on bottom.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
Help me out.  What are the Daily and Possession limits in Florida for Washing Machines?

Depends. Spin cycle or rinse cycle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jesus

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:48 PM »

Depends. Spin cycle or rinse cycle?

With Depends, I'm guessing rinse cycle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Stir Good!  Puppy on bottom.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »
Snaggle sounds, to me like you have a rock solid case.  Clearly the washing machine needs representation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
Snaggle sounds, to me like you have a rock solid case.  Clearly the washing machine needs representation.

Waitin' on a call back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »

Who needs a rock solid case?  As long as you can invoice for services, everybody needs representation for something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand