Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Billboard Music Awards

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Billboard Music Awards
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:02:27 PM »
What I learned from the Billboard Music Awards:

Neil Diamond at 70 is 200 times the performer Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj, Mary J. Blige and Beyonce would be if you combined all their collective powers and tripled them. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

Re: Billboard Music Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »
and has a better name...what's more cooler than Neil Fucking Diamond?  the skirt is watching it now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »
Money talks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:24:56 AM »
Agree 100% K.

Was also watching the Scorsese documentary on the Stones 2006 tour last night, "Shine a Light". Today's music is not even close on quality. Got Damn, music today sucks. Mick, Neil Diamond, Robert Plant, U2, McCartney are worlds away from the choreographed garbage of now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
What's the opposite of having a soft spot in your heart for something nostalgic?  A stony place?

I have a bit of a stony place in my heart for Neal Diamond, B.J. Thomas, and Jim Croce.  My dad would get me up way to early to work in the cabinet shop before he went to work at UPS and I went to school.  Constantly on his tape deck in the shop was one of the three above mentioned.  I really don't want to hear about damn raindrops on someones head at 5:00am when it is 30 degrees out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
What's the opposite of having a soft spot in your heart for something nostalgic?  A stony place?

I have a bit of a stony place in my heart for Neal Diamond, B.J. Thomas, and Jim Croce.  My dad would get me up way to early to work in the cabinet shop before he went to work at UPS and I went to school.  Constantly on his tape deck in the shop was one of the three above mentioned.  I really don't want to hear about damn raindrops on someones head at 5:00am when it is 30 degrees out.

Actually saw BJ in concert a couple of years back for 15 bucks. Not bad. Good tune.

Croce = one of my all time favorites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »
Actually saw BJ in concert a couple of years back for 15 bucks. Not bad. Good tune.

Croce = one of my all time favorites.

Of the three I mentioned above he was my favorite.  "Leroy Brown" and "You Don't Mess Around With Slim" were awesome.  "Operator" was OK.  "Time in a Bottle" was sappy in the extreme (and also played at my Mom and Dad's wedding, according to legend).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 10:04:20 AM »

Croce = one of my the all time favorites.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan