Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Small SUV's (need help)

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Small SUV's (need help)
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:21:31 AM »
I drove the first Escape we had - the only reason we got rid of it was that I totalled it.  #winning

Carl got Obama to pay for the second one with the Cash For Clunkers deal.  Hope I don't jinx it but no issues at all whatsoever.  The dealer said what GH mentioned - they cannot keep them on the lot.  Carl's has satellite radio, etc.  All the stuff you need but a great price.  You can also get a Hybrid Escape as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 02:11:31 AM »
Agree with Wench on the Escape. Ive never owned one as I am a good American and go strictly for gas guzzling V8 behomeths, F150 and Expedition.  :thumsup:

Pssh, Diesel baby!  It's the only way to crush your enemies, I mean commute to work safely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 09:02:08 AM »
We have an Escape. Thank God its been a great vehicle and a blessing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:50 PM »
And out of left field comes the winner.

We bought the new 2011 Honda Pilot.  White with grey leather, running boards, sunroof etc.  Not top of the line but plenty to make the wife happy.

Got it on Saturday and so far we love it.  It came down to the fact that of all the mid size SUV's, it seemed to have the most room and still looked decent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 05:50:30 PM »

We bought the new 2011 Honda Pilot.  White with grey leather, running boards, sunroof etc.  Not top of the line but plenty to make the wife happy.

Got it on Saturday and so far we love it.  It came down to the fact that of all the mid size SUV's, it seemed to have the most room and still looked decent.

You will not regret the leather...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »

I was late to this party..never can go wrong with a Honda.  Glad you didn't get the Kia they are over priced IMHO. 

I was in the same range a year ago...I went with the Jeep Liberty fully loaded.  I think I got it for $25,000 out the door.

I am getting 24mpg and it has more shit on it then my BMW had.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:56:21 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
I was late to this party..never can go wrong with a Honda.  Glad you didn't get the Kia they are over priced IMHO. 

I was in the same range a year ago...I went with the Jeep Liberty fully loaded.  I think I got it for $25,000 out the door.

I am getting 24mpg and it has more shit on it then my BMW had.

We considered the new Cherokee (pretty damn good looking), but in the end, the wife and i just don't have a lot of confidence in american cars.  I will probably end up using the Pilot for my company car (replacing my van) in a few years and need it to last well into the 100,000 mile range.  Just never had an American car make it that far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
We considered the new Cherokee (pretty damn good looking), but in the end, the wife and i just don't have a lot of confidence in american cars.  I will probably end up using the Pilot for my company car (replacing my van) in a few years and need it to last well into the 100,000 mile range.  Just never had an American car make it that far.

Nothing wrong with American.  Last two we had we got rid of at 200,000miles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »
The wife has decided that her Maxima is a little to small for our need due to the baby.  I have spent the last week shopping for and test driving new small SUV's.  I brought her a Nissan Murano, Toyota Highlander, and today a Kia Sedona.

To get to the price we need I have tested the mid range Higlander (cloth seats), the base Murano (cloth seats), and the Kia Sorento loaded to the hilt.  It looks like all 3 are gong to be about the same price.

Someone please talk me out of the Kia.  It is by far my favorite out of all 3. 

Opinions please

If those were my options, I'd consider divorce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »
Nothing wrong with American.  Last two we had we got rid of at 200,000miles.

And seeing as how Ford and GM have had more cars win their respective categories than any other in JD Power the last 5-10 years....I'd say you are right. The last 2 German cars and 1 Japanese car Ive had stayed in the shop. Just saying....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
I have a Mazda CX-7.  Nice vehicle and good gas mileage.

If you want to look outside the box a little.........I had a Chevy HHR LT2 fully loaded.  That car was fantastic.  Ton of room (surprisingly large inside), awesome gas mileage and a hoot to drive and very well built.

Wife totaled it and we bought the Mazda.

I bought the HHR before the bailout and got a really good deal.  Mazda had better the better deal when we bought it.

I would get a Hyundai before a Kia................but both are considered good vehicles.

In the end, with this class of car, there really is not that much difference across the board so go with the one you like and that you can get the best price on.

ps:  one family member has a Highlander, drives the piss out of it and that car just keeps on humming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati