Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yawn...Here We Go Again

Yawn...Here We Go Again
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »
 :facepalm:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/auburn_ncaa_is_investigating_t.html

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The NCAA is investigating Auburn's "Tiger Prowl" one year after the event ended for good, the university said this week.

The Birmingham News made an open-records request to Auburn seeking documents related to any individual NCAA violations from last year's Tiger Prowl, the attention-grabbing recruiting practice that Auburn coaches used while traveling the state. Auburn denied the request, saying that Tiger Prowl is the subject of a "pending investigation" and that Alabama law therefore does not require release of the records at this time.

"The NCAA is not reviewing Tiger Prowl as individual violations. They are reviewing the entire event as a whole," Auburn Senior Associate Athletics Director Scott Carr wrote in response to The News' request. "Therefore, the investigative phase of this event is still on-going and we are currently working with the NCAA."

Auburn did not say what the NCAA is investigating in relation to Tiger Prowl. Auburn declined to comment further.

Tiger Prowl started in 2009 as a way for Auburn coaches to introduce themselves to fans and recruits across the state. Coaches rode in stretch limo Hummers to various high schools in Alabama during the spring evaluation period.

Auburn added a bus to Tiger Prowl in 2010.
After landing a top-five recruiting class, Auburn unveiled a new version of Tiger Prowl in 2010. A highly decorated bus with images of Auburn football toured each city in which the coaches visited high schools.

Auburn described the bus as a way to promote the school to fans and get younger players thinking of Auburn in the future. In March of last year, Auburn assistant coach Trooper Taylor said he heard from recruits who wanted to be part of the recruiting show.

"They've been asking us about it -- when it's going to be, who's going to be there. It's almost like having another tradition," Taylor said. "It's viral. It spreads. That's something we're really proud of. Getting them interested is a big step."

Taylor also said Auburn had to be cautious about following NCAA rules, such as not allowing recruits in pictures or in the limo.

Also, evaluation periods can sometimes lead to coaches being accused of violating the NCAA's "bump rule," which allows coaches to exchange nothing more than pleasantries with prospects during evaluation periods.

Tiger Prowl ended in April 2010 when the NCAA Division I Board of Directors passed a rule saying schools could no longer send more than two coaches to visit a high school on the same day during an evaluation period.

The NCAA's rationale was that multiple coaches were appearing at the high schools of prospects largely just to be seen. Many football programs were unnecessarily spending money simply for perception purposes rather than truly evaluating, the NCAA said.

After the NCAA ruling came out last year, Auburn coach Gene Chizik distanced himself from the phrase "Tiger Prowl." Chizik said last May that the recruiting trips to high schools were not part of Tiger Prowl. Tiger Prowl, he said, was the nighttime events for fans to meet coaches and see the decorated bus.

Auburn recruiting has run afoul of the NCAA before. In 2009, Auburn was found to have committed five NCAA secondary violations from "Big Cat Weekend." Auburn self-imposed a reduced number of official visits by recruits and Taylor was not allowed to recruit off campus for four months.

The NCAA now has leeway to hand down one- or two-game suspensions to coaches for secondary violations. Among the areas the American Football Coaches Association wants the NCAA to better police is impermissible contact.

E-mail: jsolomon@bhamnews.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Yawn...Here We Go Again
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
Jon Solomon. Surprised?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:57 PM »
Jon Solomon. Surprised?

No. 

And I loved how a few mornings ago when he was being interviewed on The OD he said, "I don't really want to comment on the Brent Calloway situation.  I've been investigating Rivals and Scout for weeks now concerning the NCAA's latest ruling concerning scouting websites.  It wouldn't be proper for me to comment on other investigations." 

But he's got all kinds of AU investigation stories up his sleeve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:41:21 PM »
:facepalm:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/auburn_ncaa_is_investigating_t.html

Bammers publically: "Pawwwwwl that there Tiger Prowl jes shows how desperate them Aubs are to get a good croot and the gimmicks they'll try to get em one, don't it Pawwwwl? 

Meanwhile Shane is on the phone the NCAA: "uh, huh, huh, Hey aren't y'all gonna stop these cheatin' Aubie coaches from riding around in Hummer Limos getting all the croots bammer is entiled to?  There's got to be a rule against it!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »

Desperation is like stealing from the Mafia: you stand a good chance of attracting the wrong attention.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »
Yeah, "Tiger Prowl" will still happen this year.  Retarded bammers are the ones that don't understand the difference between the '09 version and the new version.  The '09 version had the coaches storming High Schools all over Alabama, the new version has two coaches going to the schools (as mandated by the NCAA), then the coaches will be part of a meet and greet at certain locations.  Unless the NCAA makes Auburn stop doing the meet and greet, then it'll be business as usual.  SPuat has the crimson caravan, which is essentially the same exact thing (meet and greet).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:52 PM »
Yeah, "Tiger Prowl" will still happen this year.  Retarded bammers are the ones that don't understand the difference between the '09 version and the new version.  The '09 version had the coaches storming High Schools all over Alabama, the new version has two coaches going to the schools (as mandated by the NCAA), then the coaches will be part of a meet and greet at certain locations.  Unless the NCAA makes Auburn stop doing the meet and greet, then it'll be business as usual.  SPuat has the crimson caravan, which is essentially the same exact thing (meet and greet).

So I guess we can go ahead and write the "Auburn's thumbing their noses at the NCAA!" article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »
"Auburn's thumbing their noses at the NCAA!"

:puke:

:hulk:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »
So I guess we can go ahead and write the "Auburn's thumbing their noses at the NCAA!" article.
Nope.  Auburn isn't thumbing theur nose at anyone, the Tiger Prowl is a meet and greet with the coaches.  Auburn was never told they couldn't do that.  So, the Tiger Prowl '11 will be coming to a city near you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 07:16:34 AM »
Nope.  Auburn isn't thumbing theur nose at anyone, the Tiger Prowl is a meet and greet with the coaches.  Auburn was never told they couldn't do that.  So, the Tiger Prowl '11 will be coming to a city near you.

It was a joke. 

That's what the bammeroids love to scream. 

We play Cam in the Georgia game?  Thumbing our noses.
We continue doing Tiger Prowl even though the NCAA is supposedly investigating it?  Thumbing our noses. 

And biting our thumbs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
How many of the Xers will be going to A-Day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
How many of the Xers will be going to A-Day?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 09:01:09 AM »
Damn, only half of us?

The rest will be vandalizing cars in Tuskaloser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:14:15 AM »
I think he means that will be the tagline spin on this before its all over. Expect Woodberry or Solomon to write an article with that title. We're nothing but cheaters. The Crimson Caravan is a great tradition at the Capstone and is not to be questioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »

I had no idea Tigersx had so many members. I hope someone on here can give the rest of us a good report of how it goes. I will be going to Alabama's A-day and if anyone cares I will tell you what I see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
I had no idea Tigersx had so many members. I hope someone on here can give the rest of us a good report of how it goes. I will be going to Alabama's A-day and if anyone cares I will tell you what I see.
Missing chromosomes and women with black eyes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
I will be going to Alabama's A-day and if anyone cares I will tell you what I see.

Let me save you the trouble.

1) Fat bitches in tank tops and cowboy hats with sun scalded shoulders and cleavage.
2) Billy Bobs in gut-stretched Mark Ingram jerseys wearing jorts, houndstooth baseball hats and $4.99 sunglasses with neoprene neck straps
3) Harvey Updyke
4) Meth-thin, ferret-faced weasely fucks wearing Wal Mart Bama jerseys, cut off jeans and battered high tops.  Typically they will accompany the fat bitches.
5) Sloppy sorority girls walking funny after a night of conducting the train on the upstairs pool table. 
6) Self-important idiot fraternity fucks.
7) An assortment of crusty former players -- most of whom have alcohol problems and/or are unemployable -- throwing footballs around at halftime
8) About 85 kids using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.
9) Brodie II: The sequel
10) A naopleonic assclown douchebag fuckwad
11) Seven idiot assistants
12) Paul Finebaum
13) 54,000 people with facial hair (many of them women)
14) At least one utter moron with a tattoo of a man 30-years dead on his back
15) A teeming mass of jealousy and frustration wrapped in crimpson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
Missing chromosomes and women with black eyes?
String music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

No Huddle

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »
I thought the race was in Talladega?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions