I got you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Here's one thing I want to know
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
Yes I do.

That was more for Token and RWS.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
Agree with Prowler. There does seem to be a valid defamation case here for both slander and libel since this was broadcasted publically. I'm sure one of the resident barristers will opine here, at least as far as local precedent goes and the feasibility of such a suit.

Not sure you have the elements here to prove a defamation case.  At the end of the day, what the players said can't be proven or disputed.  Cash...no trail.  HBO just aired their claims.  The key in a case like this is first, proving the claims are false and second, showing that HBO did this with the clear intent of harming Auburn.  I think it's obvious what their motives are when it comes to Auburn but being able to prove that is another matter altogether.

Also, always remember that litigation is not one sided.  If you sue someone, you crank up the discovery process, which means you have to open your closets and let them look at your AWK's...err, skeletons too.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 09:42:31 AM »
Fixt

Well, I added Token in seeing how much of a fan he is of NtYF. WAR baby, WAR.

Good point Snaggle. Seeing that it exists, and actually proving beyond reasonable doubt in court are 2 different things. If coaches start getting named, then I say its on. For the coach and Auburn since the coach at the time was a representative of Auburn.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »
I think enough people will get caught up in this type of shit and start asking a question that I believe will become a large story in itself.   How about a report on the reporting itself.   I think the tough questions need to be asked on how certain "news" organizations view their function in all of this.  Are they a tabloid like TMZ, simply passing the rumors along?  Are they news reporters giving all news on a neutral basis, giving all sides of the issue attention?  What are they going to do? 

Since when was it ever acceptable for news organizations to ignore known facts and information to steer a story one way or the other?   It happens in political news, and it happens in news involving sports.  It's gotten to the point where NOBODY can go get real news and get clear cut information on the known facts.  Fuck...

...rant off....  Where's my fuckin' coffee...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
Not sure you have the elements here to prove a defamation case.  At the end of the day, what the players said can't be proven or disputed.  Cash...no trail.  HBO just aired their claims.  The key in a case like this is first, proving the claims are false and second, showing that HBO did this with the clear intent of harming Auburn.  I think it's obvious what their motives are when it comes to Auburn but being able to prove that is another matter altogether.

Also, always remember that litigation is not one sided.  If you sue someone, you crank up the discovery process, which means you have to open your closets and let them look at your AWK's...err, skeletons too.

Nice work. I am feeling smarter by the minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

Then there's the matter of proving actual money damages. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
And it's established that he's a Bama grad?

Call him and ask him: Tim Walker 561-983-1097 (Cell)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 12:00:02 PM »
Then there's the matter of proving actual money damages.

How much is this investigation gonna cost us? Just saying. I'd do it just to prove a point. Until someone holds the media's feet to the fire, they'll keep doing this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »
How much is this investigation gonna cost us? Just saying. I'd do it just to prove a point. Until someone holds the media's feet to the fire, they'll keep doing this shit.
:thumsup: Likes This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 12:57:35 PM »

Tis the way of the world these days.  There's no integrity anymore in journalism and reporting.  It's about putting something out there that will generate readers or viewers, and it's about being the first to do it.  Truth, facts, proof, evidence, those don't factor in, UNLESS they can enhance the sensationalism.  If they get in the way of it, they're ignored.

And, it's open season on Auburn now.  Cecil was pimping Cam to the highest bidder, Cam knew, Auburn won the bidding war, and the SEC and NCAA turned a blind eye to make a profit.  Solid facts right there, solid. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:33:41 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
Tis the way of the world these days.  There's no integrity anymore in journalism and reporting.  It's about putting something out there that will generate readers of viewers, and it's about being the first to do it.  Truth, facts, proof, evidence, those don't factor in, UNLESS they can enhance the sensationalism.  If they get in the way of it, they're ignored.

And, it's open season on Auburn now.  Cecil was pimping Cam to the highest bidder, Cam knew, Auburn won the bidding war, and the SEC and NCAA turned a blind eye to make a profit.  Solid facts right there, solid.

And the culture were breeding is just further proven by the fact that we have players arrested for armed robbery and players getting paid going back 5 years ago. We're as corrupt as they come I tell ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
I have been told from trusted source that HBO contacted over 200 former AU players trying to dig up dirt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »
I have been told from trusted source that HBO contacted over 200 former AU players trying to dig up dirt.

A source close to the situation says HBO is full of 2 week old monkey shit.  Press release time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
A source close to the situation says HBO is full of 2 week old monkey shit.  Press release time.

2 week old monkey shit doesn't stink.  Now, a fresh bouquet like the one I leave the morning after a night of Mexican food, beer, and tequila...THAT'S what they're full of!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
2 week old monkey shit doesn't stink.  Now, a fresh bouquet like the one I leave the morning after a night of Mexican food, beer, and tequila...THAT'S what they're full of!

I grabbed a Sports Illustrated and went to the library to drop a huge Gumbel this morning.  Somebody bought that coarse toilet paper and I felt like I scraped all the skin off my Kremer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions