Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's one thing I want to know

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Here's one thing I want to know
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
I heard a replay of the interview Kraemer did on Jox and she was asked how many former AU players they contacted to get the 4 they got.  She hemmed and hawed and gave no clear answer. 

What I really want to know is how many former players did they contact at schools other than Auburn?  This is looking more and more like a hit piece the more I read about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Here's one thing I want to know
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
I heard a replay of the interview Kraemer did on Jox and she was asked how many former AU players they contacted to get the 4 they got.  She hemmed and hawed and gave no clear answer. 

What I really want to know is how many former players did they contact at schools other than Auburn?  This is looking more and more like a hit piece the more I read about it.

As stated in another thread, this started out as a hit piece on Cam.  It was insinuated that Cam wanted money for it, but SbB just said it was Kenny Rogers that wanted to be paid, and MSU didn't want those Bell and Bond clowns doing it, so, they instead looked for some losers down on their luck to sort of bolster the idea that Auburn pays players.  From a journalistic standpoint, even Fbomb says this is shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »
As stated in another thread, this started out as a hit piece on Cam.  It was insinuated that Cam wanted money for it, but SbB just said it was Kenny Rogers that wanted to be paid, and MSU didn't want those Bell and Bond clowns doing it, so, they instead looked for some losers down on their luck to sort of bolster the idea that Auburn pays players.  From a journalistic standpoint, even Fbomb says this is shit.

I realize that, but once the story turned into $$$ handshakes and supposed backpacks of money, would they not be able to find one other school where this occurs?  Did they even try???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »
I realize that, but once the story turned into $$$ handshakes and supposed backpacks of money, would they not be able to find one other school where this occurs?  Did they even try???

The whole point from the start was to take down the reigning NCs.  Like they were going to bring out anything more than what we already know from the already well known cast of clowns involved.  Had they gotten Rogers, it would have been the same old bullshit we already knew.  In reality, they went to take a dump on Auburn without even having a good meal first, and ended up with a popcorn fart.  But Auburn was the target, make no mistake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:11:32 PM »
YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARE GONNA BURN.  NOW YOU'RE TURNING ON YOUR OWN.  SO MUCH FOR FAMILY BITCHES!!!  BURN BABY BURN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:36 AM »
YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARE GONNA BURN.  NOW YOU'RE TURNING ON YOUR OWN.  SO MUCH FOR FAMILY BITCHES!!!  BURN BABY BURN!
OMG!?!?!?! I FOUND THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON MY MOTHER'S (WHO IS COINCIDENTALLY MY SISTER AS WELL) GATEWAY IN HER DOUBLE WIDE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF.  GOOD THING I KNOW HOW TO FLAME TO HIDE MY CAPS LOCK INADEQUACIES!!@!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »
Who's HBO's Head Producer?  It's a bama grad. Btw, HBO should also get their ASSES SUED.  I'm not talking a large amount in our standards, I'm talking a crippling amount in HBO's standard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
YOU MOTHER effERS ARE GONNA BURN.  NOW YOU'RE TURNING ON YOUR OWN.  SO MUCH FOR FAMILY BITCHES!!!  BURN BABY BURN!

I detest rude behavior in a person.  You don't have any idea what you are stepping in.    :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Not much of a crime whacking a surly bartender".......Augustus McRae

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
Who's HBO's Head Producer?  It's a bama grad. Btw, HBO should also get their ASSES SUED.  I'm not talking a large amount in our standards, I'm talking a crippling amount in HBO's standard.

What's his name?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:28 AM »

Not a lawyer but I was wondering the same thing. Could allbarn sue HBO for slander?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »
Oh SHIT N2Y will fry his ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »
Oh SHIT N2Y will fry his ass!
Well, yeah - thats the goal.

:sarcasm: .... just so the Bammers won't get their panties in a wad.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:21:06 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 09:19:31 AM »
Tim Walker

And it's established that he's a Bama grad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »
And it's established that he's a Bama grad?
Has not been verified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »
Agree with Prowler. There does seem to be a valid defamation case here for both slander and libel since this was broadcasted publically. I'm sure one of the resident barristers will opine here, at least as far as local precedent goes and the feasibility of such a suit.

Not sure but we may have to prove these allegations aren't true before we could pursue anything relating to defamation. Which if true, the AD is going through the proper process as expected. Lets investigate, proof they aren't true, then go for blood.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:31:22 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
Well, yeah - thats the goal.

:sarcasm: .... just so the Bammers won't get their panties in a wad.

C'mon dude you know me better than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »

Not a lawyer but I was wondering the same thing. Could allbarn sue HBO for slander?

I don't think so.

Until names are dropped, we can't do much. 

The only one that could be looked at is the claim that a coach gave money.  That implicates Auburn.

Saying random dudes outside the stadium were handing out cash and sending money in book bags isn't exactly a slander against Auburn.  It's a slander against random dudes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
C'mon dude you know me better than that.
Yes I do.

That was more for Token and RWS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »
I don't think so.

Until names are dropped, we can't do much. 

The only one that could be looked at is the claim that a coach gave money.  That implicates Auburn.

Saying random dudes outside the stadium were handing out cash and sending money in book bags isn't exactly a slander against Auburn.  It's a slander against random dudes.

Thank you sir. You made it so simple a math teacher could understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions