Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 28, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Why, with 2 games left on the season and up 1 game in the wild card race, doesn't anyone in the Braves organization have a problem with Lowe taking the mound?  Why?  Did they really think he wouldn't give up 5 runs in 4 innings?  The mother fucker has an ERA over 5, and he's lost sevenmotherfuckingteen games by himself!!!

I hope the Cards win the wild card. 

Absolutely no fucking reason in the world why the Braves, with....

1. Bourn
2. Prado
3. McCann
4. Uggla
5. Freeman

through half of the lineup, can't get into the fucking playoffs. 

Fuck Freddi Gonzalez.  Fuck the Atlanta Braves.  Fuck baseball.

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #541 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
I completely and whole heatedly disagree with you there. If Alou makes the catch, I think the Cubs win the World Series that year.

PFFFFFFTTTTTT....it would have been the 2nd out in the 8th inning.  Gonzo screwed the pooch in that game far worse than Bartman and the Marlins murdered Prior from that point on. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #542 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »

PFFFFFFTTTTTT....it would have been the 2nd out in the 8th inning.  Gonzo screwed the pooch in that game far worse than Bartman and the Marlins murdered Prior from that point on.

No doubt about that. But I am a firm believer in the whole, if something did or didn't happen, it affects everything around it. Would Gonzo have shit the bed if not for the Bartman incident? Would the Marlins have rallied like they did if the fans would have stayed as loud?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #543 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
No doubt about that. But I am a firm believer in the whole, if something did or didn't happen, it affects everything around it. Would Gonzo have shit the bed if not for the Bartman incident? Would the Marlins have rallied like they did if the fans would have stayed as loud?

It's funny you say that because they had a quick take from Mike Lowery (I believe that's his name) from the Marlins.  He said they looked at each other in the dugout and said, "Let's make this guy famous". 

8 runs in that inning.  EIGHT.  Did you get a chance to watch that documentary?  I couldn't stop watching.  Compelling stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #544 on: September 28, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »
It's funny you say that because they had a quick take from Mike Lowery (I believe that's his name) from the Marlins.  He said they looked at each other in the dugout and said, "Let's make this guy famous". 

8 runs in that inning.  EIGHT.  Did you get a chance to watch that documentary?  I couldn't stop watching.  Compelling stuff.

I haven't watched it yet. I saw it being advertised and wanted to. I need to check it out On Demand.

I lived through it though. I remember it like it was yesterday. Funny thing is, I don't think the Cubs will actually ever win. I don't think they know how. I think that every time that something good happens, the Cubs and their fans expect something to happen and every thing get fucked up. When the Bartman thing happened, it's like the fans and everyone else now had their excuse. It didn't matter any more.

I will say this though. I have watch the Cubs play for a long, long time. But I have never seen anything like the moment in Game 7 when Kerry Wood hit that HR. I will never forget that. That place went fucking bonkers. That would have been awesome to be a part of...for just that moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #545 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
They sure won't win any time soon with that roster.  It's weird how it seemed to get so bad so quick.  They went from being a team that just seemed to need a couple more pieces of the puzzle to a group of no names.  The Cubbies winning it all would be one of the greatest sports stories evah.  However, after watching that last night, I seriously don't know if I could pull for anything good happening to that fan base.  Man, it was scary how the whole stadium turned into having almost a mob mentality, hollering "Asshole" in unison and "Kill him". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #546 on: September 28, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
Any team worth it's weight in salt wouldn't have let that foul ball bother them. If they wilted that easy, then clearly the better team won that series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #547 on: September 28, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »
Any team worth it's weight in salt wouldn't have let that foul ball bother them. If they wilted that easy, then clearly the better team won that series.

The Braves clearly aren't worth their weight. Sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #548 on: September 28, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
For the first time since I can't remember when, I did not attend a single baseball game this year.

And... I am... ok with that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #549 on: September 28, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
For the first time since I can't remember when, I did not attend a single baseball game this year.

And... I am... ok with that...

I only attended one game this year...and I think it may have been the Braves' only win this year against the Phillies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #550 on: September 28, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
I only attended one game this year...and I think it may have been the Braves' only win this year against the Phillies.

I attended several. Bought some sort of season pack for the kids. They have fun at the Rangers game. I also just got word that I will have playoff tickets...whooty wooooo...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #551 on: September 28, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
I attended several. Bought some sort of season pack for the kids. They have fun at the Rangers game. I also just got word that I will have playoff tickets...whooty wooooo...

Tickets? For which team?

Braves won't be in it.

up by 8.5 with 2 weeks left and they nose-dived.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #552 on: September 28, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Tickets? For which team?

Braves won't be in it.

up by 8.5 with 2 weeks left and they nose-dived.

Unless "Rangers" is some code word for The Braves, I have no idea what you are talking about...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #553 on: September 28, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
Went to one game.  Saw Proctor blow a lead and ultimately pick up a loss against the Orioles.  That should have been a sign to me on this season would end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #554 on: September 28, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
Went to one game.  Saw Proctor blow a lead and ultimately pick up a loss against the Orioles.  That should have been a sign to me on this season would end.

:haha:

duane allman approves of this emoticon.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #555 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
Teh Bravos are trying their best to end the season tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #556 on: September 28, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
Kimbrel has buckled under the pressure.  The hit doesn't bother me, the 3 walks is fucking ridiculous.  Just pitch a got damn strike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #557 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
So there is a blown save.  Venters tried to fuck it up but got lucky.  Kimbrel not so much.  Relying on Medlen to come in and get an out with the bases juiced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #558 on: September 28, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »
Meanwhile, the Cards are handling business like they should.  Normally I'm pissed, and I am somewhat, but I'm just ready for this to be over.  Braves truly didn't deserve the playoffs this season.  The GM HAS to get some starting pitching this off season, and a few more for the bullpen.  Venters and Kimbrel can't do it all.  Not all season, anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #559 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »
Lowe should pay back some of his HUGE salary after the shit he's brought to the table this year.  Fucking disgusting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions