Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More Info On the HBO Real Sports Thing...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: More Info On the HBO Real Sports Thing...
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »
You forget, evidence isn't needed...all this cash WILL BE from the slush fund.  Shane will make sure you hear that "fact" every day for the next year.

I wish I could get in on this slush fund.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:13 AM »
I wish I could get in on this slush fund.

No lie.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:38 AM »
From Jay G. Tate:

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/

UPDATE @ 9:15 p.m. — Auburn has in its possession signed letters from all four players saying they were unaware of any NCAA violations during their time on campus.

The salient portion of the letter reads as follows:

You affirm that you have reported to the director of athletics of your institution any violation of NCAA regulations involving you or your institution. You affirm that you understand that if you sign this statement falsely or erroneously, you violate NCAA legislation on ethical conduct and you will further jeopardize your eligibility.

Is that an air-tight alibi? Far from it, though I found that interesting and notable.
:clap:

UPDATE @ 9:30 p.m. — Auburn is not planning to offer any statement on the program beyond what it submitted to HBO earlier this year. That reads as follows:

Auburn Athletics respectfully declines to comment on these alleged claims apparently made by a few former football players. Compliance with all NCAA and Southeastern Conference rules is a major emphasis and top priority for all of our athletic programs at Auburn University.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
That is all the school should have to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
Ziemba, Pugh and others tweeting they played for and were recruited by the same coaches, and walked out the same lockerroom,and never saw a dime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Homer Samford

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Ziemba, Pugh and others tweeting they played for and were recruited by the same coaches, and walked out the same lockerroom,and never saw a dime.

That's because they are white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 09:20:06 AM »
That's because they are white.

Yes, but the other players speaking out against this are not. I find it ironic that the players that are in the NFL or look to have promising NFL careers are the ones debunking this and the players in the HBO interview are the ones that fizzled out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Yes, but the other players speaking out against this are not. I find it ironic that the players that are in the NFL or look to have promising NFL careers are the ones debunking this and the players in the HBO interview are the ones that fizzled out.

Good point.

Ziemba, Tate, Campbell, Caddy, Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rogers, Dansby, D Thomas, Courtney Taylor, Obamanu, Aroshamadu, Rosegreen, Pugh, Marcus McNeil, Simmons, Newton, Adams, Fairley. None of this guys got a damned dime.

But somehow Ramsay (only 1 year lettered), Grey (never played), Reddick (not a star) somehow all got thousands left and right???? 

What

The

Fuck

Ever

McClover - yes, he was a good rush DE, but THAT good?? Nope. Fuck him and his ax grinding, REC money taking self. All of em. Douche bags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 10:49:02 AM »
Good point.

Ziemba, Tate, Campbell, Caddy, Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rogers, Dansby, D Thomas, Courtney Taylor, Obamanu, Aroshamadu, Rosegreen, Pugh, Marcus McNeil, Simmons, Newton, Adams, Fairley. None of this guys got a damned dime.

But somehow Ramsay (only 1 year lettered), Grey (never played), Reddick (not a star) somehow all got thousands left and right???? 

What

The

Fuck

Ever

McClover - yes, he was a good rush DE, but THAT good?? Nope. Fuck him and his ax grinding, REC money taking self. All of em. Douche bags.

The source, the obvious motives, the lapse of time, the allegations that can't be substantiated due to time, and amounts of money, and method of delivery...all the real star players who refute it...none of that will matter to those who want to believe it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
The source, the obvious motives, the lapse of time, the allegations that can't be substantiated due to time, and amounts of money, and method of delivery...all the real star players who refute it...none of that will matter to those who want to believe it.

Well of course it won't but the only ones who have to have common sense in this situation is the NCAA. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:10 AM »
I think this guy is broke and needs the money. I also find it odd the big dogs are not getting paid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
I think this guy is broke and needs the money. I also find it odd the big dogs are not getting paid.

HBO says they didnt pay them, but HBO is sponsoring some event put on by McGlover's charity foundation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
Its just another media outlet riding piggy back on the whole Cam Newton non-story. I don't subscribe to HBO anyway so fuck'em. They haven't been relevant since Boxing was worth a shit. The sad part is what JR said, the statements from tons of other ex-Auburn players will be totally overlooked. Sani is right though, the NCAA is what matters but the media is on a witch hunt and I'm sick of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
HBO says they didnt pay them, but HBO is sponsoring some event put on by McGlover's charity foundation.

So in other words, they paid him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:33 AM »

Is that the "Predator Needs Some New Extensions Fund"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
So in other words, they paid him?

Sounds like McClover gets lots of under ththe table shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Homer Samford

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
Well it was fun while it lasted.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
Can one of you fine counselors answer me this?  Would the money that they admitted to taking be taxable income, and thus the subject to fines from the IRS for not reporting it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »
Can one of you fine counselors answer me this?  Would the money that they admitted to taking be taxable income, and thus the subject to fines from the IRS for not reporting it?

Not a tax lieyer but I believe you are on to something here.  How much would the interest be on this by now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."