Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More Info On the HBO Real Sports Thing...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: More Info On the HBO Real Sports Thing...
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »
HBO Executive Producer is Rick Bernstein. Born in Miami, raised in Birmingham....bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »
HBO Executive Producer is Rick Bernstein. Born in Miami, raised in Birmingham....bammer.

that's the fourth name I've heard.  All were branded 'bammers" 

At some point it becomes ridiculous. 

I don't doubt they are behind it, but proof is required. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »

He went to Missouri you flaming fucktard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
With a name like Bernstein he's got to be a bamm...wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:42 AM »
that's the fourth name I've heard.  All were branded 'bammers" 

At some point it becomes ridiculous. 

I don't doubt they are behind it, but proof is required.

Actually, I think the name Tim Walker is the correct one. Its buried around here somewhere. I was reading a quote from Junior Rosegreen that stated the Walker guy as the producer that called him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »
http://www.sheltonstate.edu/Uploads/Files/News/Alabama%20Stage%20and%20Screen%20Hall%20of%20Fame%20to%20Honor%20Two%20in%202006.doc

Alabama Stage and Screen Hall of Fame to Honor Two in 2006

(Tuscaloosa, Ala.) - The seventh presentation of the Alabama Stage and Screen Hall of Fame awards has been scheduled for Saturday, April 22, 2006 on the campus of Shelton State Community College at 9500 Old Greensboro Road in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

"Since 1999, Theatre Tuscaloosa, in partnership with Shelton State Community College, has hosted the Stage and Screen Hall of Fame," said Paul K. Looney, executive director of the event. "I'm proud to announce that our honorees for 2006 are favorite native son Jim Nabors and Rick Bernstein executive producer of HBO Sports."

Rick Bernstein, born in Miami but raised in Birmingham, graduated from Mountain Brook High School in 1975. It was in Alabama, as a teenager with a love of sports, that Bernstein coincidentally found his way into sports television. As a young boy, Bernstein sold refreshments and souvenirs at Rickwood Field and Legion Field.

After befriending an ABC Sports technician, he learned that ABC frequently hired production assistants and runners. In the years that followed, he drove though out the South working college football games, Wide World of Sports, Auto Racing and Golf. By the time Bernstein reached college, he was traveling 35 weekends a year for ABC sports.

Following graduation from the University of Missouri, Bernstein began working in 1980 as a Production Assistant for the then fledging HBO Sports.

At the time, HBO Sports had just entered the Boxing business and had few programs to speak of, other than Inside the NFL. Bernstein traveled to New York to work on what he thought would be a one month project. Twenty five years later, he remains in New York, today as Executive Producer and Senior Vice President of HBO Sports.

He is responsible for overseeing the production of all HBO sports programming, including World Championship Boxing, Boxing After Dark, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, Costas Now, Inside the NFL and an array of documentaries. He works with an entire production staff as well as the best broadcasters in sports television today including James Brown, Cris Collinsworkth, Bob Costas, Bryant Gumbel, Jim Lampley and Dan Marino

Throughout his career at HBO, his contributions have earned four Peabody Awards and 16 Emmy Awards.

Bernstein holds a BS/BA degree in Business from the University of Missouri and lives in Larchmont, New York with his wife Jane and his three children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
Rick Bernstein, born in Miami but raised in Birmingham, graduated from Mountain Brook High School in 1975. It was in Alabama, as a teenager with a love of sports, that Bernstein coincidentally found his way into sports television. As a young boy, Bernstein sold refreshments and souvenirs at Rickwood Field and Legion Field.

Psh.

Bullshit.

We all know people who live in Mountain Brook don't have to sell refreshments at Alabama football games.

I bet he worked the recruiting sections.  I bet he sold popcorn for cheap prices.  I bet it was popcorn boxes full of money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
Psh.

Bullshit.

We all know people who live in Mountain Brook don't have to sell refreshments at Alabama football games.

I bet he worked the recruiting sections.  I bet he sold popcorn for cheap prices.  I bet it was popcorn boxes full of money.

Dill pickles wrapped in Hundreds
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Again, born in Miami....raised in bammerham, fucking retard.  Maybe the NtYF will hit him up with some real fucking questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
Again, born in Miami....raised in birmigham, fucking retard.  Maybe the NtYF will hit him up with some real fucking questions.

Fixt.

By the way, don't give this rape victim more face time than he deserves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
He is responsible for overseeing the production of all HBO sports programming, including World Championship Boxing, Boxing After Dark, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, Costas Now, Inside the NFL and an array of documentaries.

On a side note, I read in another article earlier today that the host (Nick Charles) of the bolded show above hosted his last show a week ago because he is about to die of cancer. It was to be his final show/calling of a boxing match. He was also CNN's first sports anchor and beat Chris Berman head to head in ratings when CNN did sports (they don't anymore). Just thought that was interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
On a side note, I read in another article earlier today that the host (Nick Charles) of the bolded show above hosted his last show a week ago because he is about to die of cancer. It was to be his final show/calling of a boxing match. He was also CNN's first sports anchor and beat Chris Berman head to head in ratings when CNN did sports (they don't anymore). Just thought that was interesting.

Holy cow, that was the saddest thing I've ever read in my life. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1374213/CNN-sports-legend-Nick-Charles-speaks-openly-cancer-battle.html

Dude taping goodbye messages for his five year old daughter.   I couldn't even read the whole story, my computer screen got all blurry. 

Wow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.