hits store shelves today.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Homefront
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
hits store shelves today.

Howard, you've played it, how's the multiplayer?  I'm thinking about picking this up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
Howard, you've played it, how's the multiplayer?  I'm thinking about picking this up.

I like it a lot.  You think we fuck kids up on COD? 
Nothing compared to this game based on last night!  Don't think there was a game that I wasn't at least in 16-4 range or higher.  Good bit of sniping in this game but it is evened out by other classes.  Pretty balanced overall.

I played the first chapter of the story yesterday and then got caught up playing online.  I like it.  It's a good mix between COD and Battlefield.  Not sure if it will have long term playability.  Some will depend on how they release map packs for it.  The gameplay and the mechanics are solid.  Controls are tight.  Need to increase the controller sensitivity but you can do that in game. The servers were down most of last night so it was hard to get in with a party but I believe they have that fixed now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
I like it a lot.  You think we fuck kids up on COD? 
Nothing compared to this game based on last night!  Don't think there was a game that I wasn't at least in 16-4 range or higher.  Good bit of sniping in this game but it is evened out by other classes.  Pretty balanced overall.

I played the first chapter of the story yesterday and then got caught up playing online.  I like it.  It's a good mix between COD and Battlefield.  Not sure if it will have long term playability.  Some will depend on how they release map packs for it.  The gameplay and the mechanics are solid.  Controls are tight.  Need to increase the controller sensitivity but you can do that in game. The servers were down most of last night so it was hard to get in with a party but I believe they have that fixed now.
Helicopters, Tanks, Humvees are playable in this game? 

Also, did you get a chance to checkout my file share video on COD last night?  If not, you have to check it out...it's fucking amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Helicopters, Tanks, Humvees are playable in this game? 

Also, did you get a chance to checkout my file share video on COD last night?  If not, you have to check it out...it's fucking amazing.

Yep vehicles are in play but not overpowered.  They do not need a hardcore because of the weapon balance they have incorporated into the game. 
Didn't look at your file last night.  Got late and I was tired.  Will check it out tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
I picked it up today, you can't hide money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »
They are still having some server issues when you are trying to get a group into a game but you can get in by yourself without too much difficulty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:25 AM »
I'm a little behind on this, but...

Jesus Christ.  Is it just me, or was that not the shortest single player campaign experience ever?  I think I beat it within 3-4 hours tops, and that's with my conservative first-person shooter style of play.

I hope the multiplayer is interesting, or else I'll be trading this game back in.

There were several instances in which I felt things were too rushed.  "Here, jump on a Humvee and shoot this gun!  Good, you blew up two vehicles in 20 seconds, now your time in the Humvee is over.  Next mission."

While the Goliath was fun to use, it seemed like it was the only vehicle/specialty item that you frequently got to use, aside from the one mission in the helicopter.   I also wasn't very impressed with the available choices for weapons, although I guess this is something that will be brought out more in the multiplayer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 03:35:53 AM »

Jesus Christ.  Is it just me, or was that not the shortest single player campaign experience ever?  I think I beat it within 3-4 hours tops, and that's with my conservative first-person shooter style of play.

I hope the multiplayer is interesting, or else I'll be trading this game back in.

There were several instances in which I felt things were too rushed.  "Here, jump on a Humvee and shoot this gun!  Good, you blew up two vehicles in 20 seconds, now your time in the Humvee is over.  Next mission."

While the Goliath was fun to use, it seemed like it was the only vehicle/specialty item that you frequently got to use, aside from the one mission in the helicopter.   I also wasn't very impressed with the available choices for weapons, although I guess this is something that will be brought out more in the multiplayer.
Nerd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »

I thought the campaign was about normal length.  Took me about eight to nine hours on the hardest difficulty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Nerd.

I only did this because I thought you had a raging hard-on for nerdy guys... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
I only did this because I thought you had a raging hard-on for nerdy guys...
We can fix that....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »
New COD Map Pack comes out May 3...that should remedy this problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions