He's OUR beatwriter? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Yet another incredibly negative article from Bama Woodberry
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »
Am I missing the part I am supposed to be pissed about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
Not the worst write up I've seen.  Honestly, this team is beyond awful.  Virtually every single guy playing is a mop up duty or 4-5 minute a night fill in type player.  Not Barbee's fault with every player he counted on to make AU at least somewhat relevant either failing to qualify, getting injured or leaving the team.  But isn't that THE story of AU basketball over the last decade? 

I give CTB credit.  I like the offense he TRIES to run.  I like the multiple defenses he TRIES to run and I even like the strategies he uses and his use of timeouts.  That may sound trivial but if you watch this team, Barbee is quick to call multiple TO's whenever it looks like the other team is starting a run of any kind.  Kind of like saying, why save them for the end if you're getting blown out now?  The guy just doesn't have any players.  They obviously play their asses off but the talent is barely above a good high school team.  And I don't mean that sarcastically.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »

Day of the SEC Tournament.  His take:

AU did some good things at the end, but they are still the shittiest basketball team to ever take the floor in the SEC and maybe the country. 

Even if they are...

Is that what Auburn's beatwriter should be filing today?  Seriously? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »
Day of the SEC Tournament.  His take:

AU did some good things at the end, but they are still the shittiest basketball team to ever take the floor in the SEC and maybe the country. 

Even if they are...

Is that what Auburn's beatwriter should be filing today?  Seriously?

Just because he is the beat writer does not mean to me that he has to always be pro AU.  I'ld rather be Joe Friday and get just the facts.  I know others feel differently.  That the beat writer should write in orange and blue but I just cannot hold any of them to that standard and then talk about journalistic integrity in the same breath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
Just because he is the beat writer does not mean to me that he has to always be pro AU.  I'ld rather be Joe Friday and get just the facts.  I know others feel differently.  That the beat writer should write in orange and blue but I just cannot hold any of them to that standard and then talk about journalistic integrity in the same breath.
We've been through this (notice the pattern? It's because he's always accentuating the negative with Auburn).

Best case scenario, is this really being Joe Friday? Just the facts?

If you can't tell that an article entirely based around the question "Is this the worst team in history?" is an OPINION piece, then I can't help ya.

Facts would be "Auburn plays Georgia today. Auburn is coming off of two come from behind wins as underdogs, however, Georgia is still favored."

Not "OMG, this is the worstest team in history y'all!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »
It wasn't great, but our hoops sux!  Seemed he was trying to find something good to say about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:12:26 PM »

For shits and giggles compare this story by Jay Tate filed today about the upcoming SEC tourney to what Bama Woodberry wrote. 

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20110310/SPORTS0402/103100316/Auburn-basketball-Coach-s-approach-transforms-Tigers

Can you see what I mean?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
This is my opinion, which has nothing to do with the Kaos provided link, for a long time. Evan Woodberry should have never been allowed to be an Auburn beatwriter. He is a fucking bama grad for crying out loud. When I do visit al.com, I promise you it is not to read the Woodberry articles; primarily it all Charles. I can't help but think that Woodberry colors a little crimson on our orange and blue. That is just my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 08:09:10 AM »
This is my opinion, which has nothing to do with the Kaos provided link, for a long time. Evan Woodberry should have never been allowed to be an Auburn beatwriter. He is a fucking bama grad for crying out loud. When I do visit al.com, I promise you it is not to read the Woodberry articles; primarily it all Charles. I can't help but think that Woodberry colors a little crimson on our orange and blue. That is just my opinion.
And you are entitled to your opinion.

Btw, you opinion is correct 100 fuckin' %...except for one tiny part, he colors a lot of crimson on our Orange and Blue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs