Not well
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: With A Little Less Than 50...
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
I refuse to talk about Baseball right now.  The AL East and Wildcard races are too close for comfort.  The only thing I will say is that if my O's don't make it, I will still consider this season a success in terms of where we have been since the mid -90's.   Buck has done a pretty good job this season getting guys in there to put them in the position they are in.  Now we just have to make some good off season moves and this can be a solid team.

Agree.

Joking aside about the O's, Buck has done a hell of a job with them this year. How many people honestly had them picked to do better than 3rd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
If memory serves, the O's have the Yankmee's coming up while Tampa Bay hosts the Rangers.  It should get real interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
Agree.

Joking aside about the O's, Buck has done a hell of a job with them this year. How many people honestly had them picked to do better than 3rd?

I had them picked to fight out Boston for the cellar. 

If memory serves, the O's have the Yankmee's coming up while Tampa Bay hosts the Rangers.  It should get real interesting.

Yuppers and Oakland, whilst over in the west and 1st place in the WC race, has the Mariners who was playing decent a couple of weeks back.  I haven't kept up with how they have been doing lately.   

The O's had a chance to stay even last night, but didn't. 

Dammit paypul!  Stop this nonsense of talking about MLB!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 02:03:17 PM »
The Braves are currently in the bottom of the 5th up 1-0 on the Rockies.  They had an AU/MSU start time.  They have 7 hits already so that's encouraging.  And Uggla is up to...wait...down to .206

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
As a Cardinals fan, I don't expect a World Series every year, but I do expect to be paying attention to the games in September.  Doesn't always work out that way, but more often than not, they'll be in the thick of it.

Would like to see them catch the Braves and host the one game WC game, rather than go on the road and play.

Who has been the Braves best pitcher this year?  I can't imagine who the Cards would throw in that game, though.  Waino has been No Bueno the last two games.  Kyle LOhse maybe?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 02:32:41 PM »
As a Cardinals fan, I don't expect a World Series every year, but I do expect to be paying attention to the games in September.  Doesn't always work out that way, but more often than not, they'll be in the thick of it.

Would like to see them catch the Braves and host the one game WC game, rather than go on the road and play.

Who has been the Braves best pitcher this year?  I can't imagine who the Cards would throw in that game, though.  Waino has been No Bueno the last two games.  Kyle LOhse maybe?

I would imagine they'd go with Tim Hudson simply from an experience standpoint, but have Maholm and Medlen ready at a moments notice.  I don't know if the Braves are set up great for a 1 game, winner take all from a pitchiing standpoint.  But they've gone to a 6 man rotation and would be in good shape in a 7 game series. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

I'd say Huddy in general but of late, Medlen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »
But you know they are going to, right?  They have the 4th best record in baseball, they would be leading the AL central, AL west and NL west divisions right now.  They are 4 or 5 games ahead of the second WC team.  Normally, I'd say they'll implode in the month of September, but not this year.  No, instead, they'll play good enough to keep a huge lead on the second WC team, but not well enough to pass the Nats.  Then they'll get beat, at home, in a 1 game playoff.  That's the Atlanta Braves team I know.

:haha:     :classic:    :facepalm:    :ebm:    :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions