Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Judge Orders Whites Out Of Atlanta Court

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Judge Orders Whites Out Of Atlanta Court
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15735848/detail.html

ATLANTA -- Judge Marvin Arrington insists he's not a racist; despite ordering white lawyers out of his courtroom on Thursday.

The Fulton County Superior Court judge said he was just fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants in his courtroom.

"I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.

Arrington said he thought his message might have more power if it was delivered to a blacks-only audience.

"I didn't think about racism or reverse racism, I practiced law for 30 years and 75 percent of my partners were white," he explained.

The judge said the majority of people who appear before him accused of crimes such as murder, rape and robbery are black and he wanted to do something about it, one on one.

"I didn't want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory towards them and I was just saying 'Please get yourself together,'" he said.

Arrington added that he may make a similar speech next week, but this time he'll allow everyone to hear it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Judge Orders Whites Out Of Atlanta Court
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15735848/detail.html

Great idea!!! I bet it really works and they turn their life around!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
I don't see how people  are saying this is reverse racism. It's not like he ordered the white people out of the courtroom and the held court proceedings. He was just lecturing the people of his own race about how he doesn't want to see them in his courtroom anymore.

Shades of Bill Cosby if you will.

Not sure how much good it'll do...but ya know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »
I practiced law for 30 years and 75 percent of my partners were white
Sure, I have lots of white friends...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
Reverse Racism?  What is that?  Racism is racism.    Same with reverse discrimination.  Society has been duped by the PCP Police to create this idea that the majority are the only people that can discriminate or be racist.  A female teacher can discriminate against the male students and my black neighbor can be just as racist as my white neighbor. 

Those "reverse" terms drive me NUTS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
Reverse Racism?  What is that?  Racism is racism.    Same with reverse discrimination.  Society has been duped by the PCP Police to create this idea that the majority are the only people that can discriminate or be racist.  A female teacher can discriminate against the male students and my black neighbor can be just as racist as my white neighbor. 

Those "reverse" terms drive me NUTS.

Liberals just make up definitions to suit their needs of the moment, no matter how ridiculous or absurd.  It's why they need to be exterminated...   :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand