Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Raymond Cotton Commits to Auburn

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Raymond Cotton Commits to Auburn
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »
For Mobile (Ala.) Faith Academy QB Raymond Cotton, it was only a matter of time.

From the moment he left Auburn Saturday, the 6-foot-4, 215-pounder knew he wanted to be a Tiger.

On Tuesday, Cotton made it official. He became Auburn's third commitment in the 2009 class when he informed lead recruiter James Willis of the news.

Cotton joins two other South Alabama prospects on the Tigers' commitment list. Mobile-Williamson DL Terrence Coleman committed to Auburn in February. Greenville DL Jamontay Pilson chose the Tigers over Alabama Saturday during his visit. Willis was also the lead recruiter for Coleman and Pilson.

For Cotton, waiting until Monday to announce his decision was hard enough. Even his father, Raymond, Sr., could see it on the ride home from Auburn; his son wanted to be a Tiger.

"I knew it. He had just that good of a time at Auburn," he said. "Auburn is a great fit for him and Raymond knows it's. There's no doubt in my mind that it's the best fit for him.

Cotton led Faith Academy to the state title game as a junior.
"He's comfortable there. He likes coach Tommy Tuberville. He likes coach Tony Franklin. He likes coach Willis. He likes the system ... the campus ... there are no negatives at all."

Cotton, Sr., said his son's decision has already had an impact on the family.

"Even my youngest boy, he's a saxophone player, he fell in love with the campus. And me, I'm a Mississippi State fan so I don't have any orange in the closet, but I'm ready to go buy some," said Cotton, Sr. "He's got a lot of uncles and aunts and they all have their favorite colleges they wanted him to go to, but we've already called several of them up and told them to go shopping for some orange."

Cotton chose Auburn over offers from Kentucky, Purdue, Stanford, Mississippi State and Troy.

"I love the environment, the campus, the coaches, everything really about Auburn," said Cotton, Jr.

As a junior, Cotton threw for nearly 1,500 yards and 17 touchdowns, and added 682 yards and eight more scores on the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Re: Raymond Cotton Commits to Auburn
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »
Awesome.  Can't wait to see him start for us in four years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:33 PM »
Where do you coach TownHall?

As for Raymond...he'll play before Caudle will.
I think our QB position is Set for the next four to six years...

Kodi, SO./Todd, JR./Caudle, Rs SO. '08 (with Furr and Trotter taking a Rs)

Todd, SR./ Kodi, JR./Caudle, Rs JR./Furr Rs FR./Trotter Rs FR. '09 (depend on if Kodi doesn't transfer..Cotton and possibly Ryan Moss QB out of TX will Rs)

Kodi, SR./Trotter, Rs SO./ Furr, Rs SO./Caudle, Rs SR./Cotton, Rs FR./Possibly Moss, Rs FR. '10 (Kodi see above, also depending on if Furr doesn't transfer or moved to another position, AU will sign 1 QB and he'll Rs)

Trotter, Rs JR./ Furr, Rs JR./Cotton, Rs SO./ Possibly Moss, Rs SO./Unnamed QB, Rs FR. '11 (Furr see above, also Auburn will sign 1 QB this year and he'll possibly Rs)

Trotter, Rs SR./Furr, Rs SR./Cotton, Rs JR./Possibly Moss, Rs JR./Unamed QB1, Rs SO./Unnamed QB2, Rs FR. '12 (Furr see above)

Cotton, Rs. SR/Possibly Moss, Rs SR./ Unnamed QB1, Rs JR./ Unnamed QB2, Rs SO. '13 (Auburn will again sign 1 QB this year and he'll possibly Rs)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:00:31 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
Great size on this kid and just a Junior.  He could still grow some and come in around 6'5".  If he rushed for almost 700 from the QB slot, he sounds like a good fit for this system.  I'd like to see some more about him.  Anyone have any film on him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »

As for Raymond...he'll play before Caudle will.
I think our QB position is Set for the next four to six years...

Kodi, SO./Todd, JR./Caudle, Rs SO. '08 (with Furr and Trotter taking a Rs)

Todd, SR./ Kodi, JR./Caudle, Rs JR./Furr Rs FR./Trotter Rs FR. '09 (depend on if Kodi doesn't transfer..Cotton and possibly Ryan Moss QB out of TX will Rs)

Kodi, SR./Trotter, Rs SO./ Furr, Rs SO./Caudle, Rs SR./Cotton, Rs FR./Possibly Moss, Rs FR. '10 (Kodi see above, also depending on if Furr doesn't transfer or moved to another position, AU will sign 1 QB and he'll Rs)

Trotter, Rs JR./ Furr, Rs JR./Cotton, Rs SO./ Possibly Moss, Rs SO./Unnamed QB, Rs FR. '11 (Furr see above, also Auburn will sign 1 QB this year and he'll possibly Rs)

Trotter, Rs SR./Furr, Rs SR./Cotton, Rs JR./Possibly Moss, Rs JR./Unamed QB1, Rs SO./Unnamed QB2, Rs FR. '12 (Furr see above)

Cotton, Rs. SR/Possibly Moss, Rs SR./ Unnamed QB1, Rs JR./ Unnamed QB2, Rs SO. '13 (Auburn will again sign 1 QB this year and he'll possibly Rs)

I don't think Trotter will ever start over Furr. I admittedly have never seen either one of the play in person...but from watching videos, etc...I just don't see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »
This "commitment" is total bullshit.  Nobody from Mobile will ever again sign with Auburn.  Didn't you read the Birmingham News this week?  They did a big article about "How Saban did it" and splooged all over the page about how the Saban machine had built a wall around Mobile and no other schools were allowed in.  So I know this is horseshit.  Didn't happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »
This "commitment" is total bullshit.  Nobody from Mobile will ever again sign with Auburn.  Didn't you read the Birmingham News this week?  They did a big article about "How Saban did it" and splooged all over the page about how the Saban machine had built a wall around Mobile and no other schools were allowed in.  So I know this is horseshit.  Didn't happen. 

No Shit.  We can't recruit the state of Alabama anymore, sabear has it locked down.  Silly barners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »
No Shit.  We can't recruit the state of Alabama anymore, sabear has it locked down.  Silly barners.
What is this forum about anyways?  I thought Auburn isn't going to field a team anymore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

kirkAU

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 02:13:57 PM »
What is this forum about anyways?  I thought Auburn isn't going to field a team anymore?

didn't you hear? they already inscripted the BCS trophy, "SABAN"  this upcoming season is just a formality
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »
didn't you hear? they already inscripted the BCS trophy, "SABAN"  this upcoming season is just a formality
What did you think the S stood for in BCS anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:24 PM »
What did you think the S stood for in BCS anyway?
Big Cock of Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »

Pelham High School. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »
Sweet.....
Tell the Oline to Punch with the palms of their hands.
Tell the Dline to "Hit 'em in da Mouth" ($1 to Coach Willie Wyatt (GHS) and Coach Tracy Rocker (UWA)).
Tell ONE RB to hit the holes...PISSED OFF like a Wild Banshee. ($1 to me...Yea!)
Tell ONE Linebacker to hit 'em so hard that their girlfriend dies ($1 to Alvin Mack "The Program").
Tell the Punt/Kick Returner to find the first hole and HIT IT.
Aight, Coach.  I'm just reliving some of my old days.  I think it's freakin' cool that you're a Coach.  Is this your Full Time job or are you doing it, you know, on the side...like, helping out, that sort thing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
UPDATE:

Raymond played his first game of his senior season...stats are bad ass. I watched some rivals video of this kid and he looks lke the real deal!

Cotton had a big debut completing 16-of-22 passes (72.7 percent) for 245 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions, leading Meade to a 42-7 blowout win over Franklin. Cotton threw touchdown passes of 45, 40 and 11 yards, and also rushed for 80 yards and a touchdown on four carries (20.0 avg.).

As a junior at Faith Academy in Mobile, Ala., Cotton, an Elite 11 quarterback selection, threw for nearly 1,500 yards and 17 touchdowns, and added 682 yards and eight more scores on the ground. Rivals.com rates Cotton the No. 12 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the nation's No. 3 scrambler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:41:55 AM »
I don't think Trotter will ever start over Furr. I admittedly have never seen either one of the play in person...but from watching videos, etc...I just don't see it.
lol.  The difference that 5 months make.  I think Trotter will start over Caudle, as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
Update...I think this dude is the real deal!!!

Cotton led Meade to a 47-0 win over Chesapeake completing 15-of-18 passes (83.3 percent) for 250 yards and three touchdowns. Cotton's TD passes went for 70, 5 and 20 yards, and he also scored a TD on a 1-yard run. On the season, Cotton has completed 33-of-40 passes (82.5 percent) for 495 yards and six touchdowns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 11:02:25 AM »
The future QB of the Auburn Tigers...

Cotton accounted for all three touchdowns in a 28-20 overtime loss to North County. Cotton completed 18-of-33 passes (55 percent) for 268 yards with three touchdowns (80, 58 and 12 yards) and one interception. On the season, Cotton has completed 68-of-102 passes (67 percent) for 974 yards with 11 touchdowns and one interception.

And in related news...Rodney Scott, who right now is still a committ, had a decent to average game last weekend too...

Scott had a breakout performance in a 61-52 win over Williston with 340 yards and five touchdowns on 31 carries (11.0 avg.). He scored on runs of 27, 57, 26, 54 and 17 yards. Scott also caught one pass for 12 yards and racked up five tackles and a pass breakup playing 70 percent of the snaps on defense. On the season, Scott has carried the ball 85 times for 640 yards (7.5 avg.) and nine touchdowns. He's also caught seven passes for 137 yards (19.6 avg.) and one score.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:05:29 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »
The future QB of the Auburn Tigers...

Cotton accounted for all three touchdowns in a 28-20 overtime loss to North County. Cotton completed 18-of-33 passes (55 percent) for 268 yards with three touchdowns (80, 58 and 12 yards) and one interception. On the season, Cotton has completed 68-of-102 passes (67 percent) for 974 yards with 11 touchdowns and one interception.

And in related news...Rodney Scott, who right now is still a committ, had a decent to average game last weekend too...

Scott had a breakout performance in a 61-52 win over Williston with 340 yards and five touchdowns on 31 carries (11.0 avg.). He scored on runs of 27, 57, 26, 54 and 17 yards. Scott also caught one pass for 12 yards and racked up five tackles and a pass breakup playing 70 percent of the snaps on defense. On the season, Scott has carried the ball 85 times for 640 yards (7.5 avg.) and nine touchdowns. He's also caught seven passes for 137 yards (19.6 avg.) and one score.

Burns was not a chopped liver recruit himself.

If he's not Chris Todd, Franklin won't start him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 01:43:01 AM »
Burns was not a chopped liver recruit himself.

If he's not Chris Todd, Franklin won't start him.
Maybe he can change his name?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
Hey Prowler, if we do run our offense under center more and use the "War Eagle" formation more, does that have any bearing on what Cotton thinks about us, or does the fact that Tubbs has said that "the spread is here to stay" negate any negative thoughts that he might have had?  Will it give him more confidence coming in as a freshman in that he will think that he has an immediate chance of starting and helping us out in our "personal" weaknesses? 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:57:57 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan