Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Kinect Genome

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
The Kinect Genome
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:59:46 AM »
You've probably seen a few dozen Kinect hack videos on YouTube since its release that lead to various impressive ends. But this spring, Microsoft is releasing a community software developer kit for Windows that will allow basement programmers and individuals to create their own uses for the motion-sensing device.

According to Microsoft, "The starter kit will give academic researchers and enthusiasts access to deep Kinect system capabilities such as audio, system APIs, and direct control of the sensor. "

This access to the device's systems should spawn some even more interesting builds and ideas once given to the public.

This non-commercial SDK gives developers a chance to tinker with the basics, and Microsoft will release a commercial, fully-featured SDK at the non-committal juncture of "later."

Sony's trying to bust people left and right for hacking right now.. and then here comes Microsoft saying, 'hey, knock yourselves out and have fun.  We are going to see some astounding stuff from these basement badasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Kinect Genome
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
I bought the Kinect about a month ago. Pretty awesome. I was impressed by how accurate it is. It does some crazy shit for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
I bought the Kinect about a month ago. Pretty awesome. I was impressed by how accurate it is. It does some crazy shit for sure.

What games do you recommend?  I got the Dance Central game for my daughter, and we like the Kinect Adventures.  But past that?  Which is the best sports game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
What games do you recommend?  I got the Dance Central game for my daughter, and we like the Kinect Adventures.  But past that?  Which is the best sports game?

The underground fight game is pretty badass. Also got men's fitness workout game. It's ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE