Get the hell off my lawn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: What You Need to Understand
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »
No disreSpect intended but if you became an Auburn fan in 1984 you cannot have the same perspective as those of us who lived through the 70s. 

You arrived at an Auburn zenith and a Bama decline.  You didn't walk through the desert. You don't know what that was like -- when the mere admission that you were an Auburn fan was enough to elicit a room full of laughter.

Bryant was dead before you came over.

Yeah youve suffered some slings and arrows.  But nothing like what it was then -- and what they honestly thought it would be now with lord Saban.  It's why they are so hateful and ass hurt now.  We did more than just beat them. We destroyed the illusion they've clung to since 1980: a return to domination.

Saying you get it is like somebody who doesn't have enough money for lunch today saying he gets the Depression.  Yes. I paint with hyperbole.

Look, like it or not I'm as much about Auburn as the next guy.  If I wanted to really sling crap I would point out that you don't get it because you graduated from MSU, but I respect the passion you have for Auburn and know that you do get it.  I've been heartbroke plenty of times, and I've been elated plenty of times.  Hell, I was attending Auburn at one of the lowest of times since Barfield was there (Bowden decided he just wasn't going to finish what he started my junior year; the student body and newspaper declaring all out war on Lowder; watching us try to run the ball with Rusty Williams and Markeith Cooper; I literally had ashes fall on me when the old gym burned down).  I've even moved the barricades so Jimmy Raines could get his fat ass yellow H1 into his numbered parking spot at the Haley center on game days (absolutely not worth standing out on that black top lot for 8 hours for minimum wage to keep the riffraff out of the luxury box parking).

I get what this is about.  There are just two opinions about how to go about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Whiff

Not saying or implying that you don't get Auburn and what it means. 

Only that you don't have the same perspective on the venom from that side because you didn't endure the worst of it. By the time you came over Bryant was dead, their illusion of lifetime superiority had been shattered and they were sulking and licking their wounds.

You talk about the Bowden era as one of the darkest.  I laugh my fucking ass off.  It was one horrific year essentially.  He beat bama as much as lost to them. He followed their undefeated NC season by beating them.   

The 70s were ten billion times worse than terry's one sour year. Nine straight seasons.  National titles (multiple) on their end.

That you can compare a disappointing Bowden season  to a decade in the wilderness... Well, it just clarifies what I said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
Look, like it or not I'm as much about Auburn as the next guy.  If I wanted to really sling crap I would point out that you don't get it because you graduated from MSU, but I respect the passion you have for Auburn and know that you do get it.  I've been heartbroke plenty of times, and I've been elated plenty of times.  Hell, I was attending Auburn at one of the lowest of times since Barfield was there (Bowden decided he just wasn't going to finish what he started my junior year; the student body and newspaper declaring all out war on Lowder; watching us try to run the ball with Rusty Williams and Markeith Cooper; I literally had ashes fall on me when the old gym burned down).  I've even moved the barricades so Jimmy Raines could get his fat ass yellow H1 into his numbered parking spot at the Haley center on game days (absolutely not worth standing out on that black top lot for 8 hours for minimum wage to keep the riffraff out of the luxury box parking).

I get what this is about.  There are just two opinions about how to go about it.

I dont see any opinion from you other than to not go about it...leave them alone, let them express their anti Auburn opinions even if they are media, and dont speak out against them for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:26 PM »
I dont see any opinion from you other than to not go about it...leave them alone, let them express their anti Auburn opinions even if they are media, and dont speak out against them for it.

Do nothing.  That sums up his position. 

It's a fail. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »
Just an observation from the fence

I get where 2000 is coming from and I don't think he's advocating doing nothing. I'm not going to try and lay the ground work for establshing my supreme Auburn-ness.  Suffice it to say, I've been there done that and have at least 146 of the t-shirts.  I also understand where many of you are coming from and I applaud you for taking the stand.  Unfortunately, I fall more in the camp of wondering what I can or should do.  Indecisive?  Well....I'm not sure.

Maybe it's just that despite growing up in the Bryant era...and yes, I was at Auburn when they announced his demise...no cheers whatsoever......I've grown to despise a good portion of their fanbase because of the smugness, the arrogance and sense of entitlement that seems to be so prevelant.  I've never been much of one for the conspiracy theories and I really can't speak to accusations that the overwhelming majority of their fanbase wants Auburn obliterated from the map.  That stems more from where I live than having my head in the sand.  The bottom line is, the reporting down here is about as fair and balanced as you're going to get and unless you turn on Paul Finebaum, we get none of the virtiol that many on here claim to see from the State's media.

I've got numerous Bama friends and acquaintances from all walks of life.  Football is obviously one of the more common topics of discussion but I've yet to catch even a glimpse of the evil demon spirit that dwells deep within.  The one that laughs maniacally while plotting to destroy all that is orange and blue.  Oh yeah, there's plenty of crimpsum garbed Wall Marks dwellers walking among us but these people are much closer to Updyke's ilk than the people I know.  I know plenty of the cocky, arrogant types; however, that type is not normally counted among the people I call friend.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
Just an observation from the fence

I get where 2000 is coming from and I don't think he's advocating doing nothing. I'm not going to try and lay the ground work for establshing my supreme Auburn-ness.  Suffice it to say, I've been there done that and have at least 146 of the t-shirts.  I also understand where many of you are coming from and I applaud you for taking the stand.  Unfortunately, I fall more in the camp of wondering what I can or should do.  Indecisive?  Well....I'm not sure.

Maybe it's just that despite growing up in the Bryant era...and yes, I was at Auburn when they announced his demise...no cheers whatsoever......I've grown to despise a good portion of their fanbase because of the smugness, the arrogance and sense of entitlement that seems to be so prevelant.  I've never been much of one for the conspiracy theories and I really can't speak to accusations that the overwhelming majority of their fanbase wants Auburn obliterated from the map.  That stems more from where I live than having my head in the sand.  The bottom line is, the reporting down here is about as fair and balanced as you're going to get and unless you turn on Paul Finebaum, we get none of the virtiol that many on here claim to see from the State's media.

I've got numerous Bama friends and acquaintances from all walks of life.  Football is obviously one of the more common topics of discussion but I've yet to catch even a glimpse of the evil demon spirit that dwells deep within.  The one that laughs maniacally while plotting to destroy all that is orange and blue.  Oh yeah, there's plenty of crimpsum garbed Wall Marks dwellers walking among us but these people are much closer to Updyke's ilk than the people I know.  I know plenty of the cocky, arrogant types; however, that type is not normally counted among the people I call friend.   

Okay. 

So what would be the harm in working with other Auburn fans to point out and condemn instances where those idiots -- particularly the ones with a public forum -- attack Auburn. 

That's not "frothing at the mouth" and it's not inciting anything regardless of what some pantywaists seem to think.  It's a calm and measured response that is designed to help assure that the anti-Auburn rhetoric that flows so freely from some (and particularly those in the media) is stemmed.  Without the constant rhetoric and the constant fanning of the flames by those, would Updyke feel empowered enough to strike out?  If he didn't think that he was going to be a hero to thousands (and sadly he is) would he have taken this step? 

When Lisa whateverthefuck makes those kinds of ignorant comments, she deserves to be exposed.  Nothing wrong with asking that she take possession of the vile words she spoke and either repudiate them publically or suffer whatever retribution her employers determine should she refuse. 

And yes, 2000 is advocating doing nothing.  He advocates sitting on your hands, smiling, accepting their sham apologies and eating yet another shit sandwich. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
Everything Snaggie said. All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »
Does it count if I cover all of the Bama magazines at Barnes & Noble with Ebony and Jet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »
Posting from phone while getting pedi. Excuse mistakes.

I grew up in 70s in heart of bammer country. Experienced it. Whole reason why I hate them so much.
But all of those people are Updykes now and I refuse to associate with them anymore. Stay away from them on visits home. Block their FB posts. The other bammers that I continue to associate with are alums and take as good as they get in terms of smack.  NO WAY are my favorite uncle and favorite cousin, both hard core bammers, laughing behind my back and plotting the death of all things orange. I realize I live in TX now but even when I come home, if I catch shit from a convenience store clerk or a Wal Mart employee, well...?  Srsly?  I am supposed to be upset about that?  Sorry. Very easy to dismiss.

Y'all go ahead with the information campaign. I can get behind that. But the THIS IS WAR shit sounds Updykish. In fact, I suggest we start calling the worst of the worst bammer fans "Updykes". Bammer is not pejorative enough anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
Does it count if I cover all of the Bama magazines at Barnes & Noble with Ebony and Jet?

I saw Roger Schultz in a Barnes and Noble covering Auburn magazines with bama junk. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
I saw Roger Schultz in a Barnes and Noble covering Auburn magazines with bama junk.

Damn it.  This is war
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
I realize I live in TX now but even when I come home, if I catch shit from a convenience store clerk or a Wal Mart employee, well...?  Srsly?  I am supposed to be upset about that?  Sorry. Very easy to dismiss.

Y'all go ahead with the information campaign. I can get behind that. But the THIS IS WAR shit sounds Updykish. In fact, I suggest we start calling the worst of the worst bammer fans "Updykes". Bammer is not pejorative enough anymore.

Okay, so you catch it once maybe twice a year if that. 

Try living in here 365 and add that up in your head.  Is it still so easy to dismiss? 

The information campaign IS the war, dammit.  For the kabillionth time NOBODY is talking about killing anybody, destroying any property, doing any mischief. 

The war is for hearts and minds. The war is about changing the perception and standing up against a tide (see the pun) of negativism that comes from people in positions of influence.

Look back at what I proposed in the very midst of the fury.  What did I say? What did I fucking say?  Any effort we put forth has to be more about promoting the positives of Auburn and less about railing against the negatives for it to succeed.  That's what I said. 

Who's frothing, Wench, really? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

:rofl: I love that. I think I will start doing this if I may? Just for the pure joy in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
I suggest we start calling the worst of the worst bammer fans "Updykes". Bammer is not pejorative enough anymore.

I like.

As for the example of the store clerk talking the smack, I think that I may engage this as I joyfully watch the look of shock upon their face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
:rofl: I love that. I think I will start doing this if I may? Just for the pure joy in it.
I've been doing that for years.  Sometimes I'll spend 30min. rearranging their magazines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
I've been doing that for years.  Sometimes I'll spend 30min. rearranging their magazines.
I can relate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 04:43:16 AM »
I can relate.
This one time, not at band camp, I was getting my prescriptions filled and talking to Jumbo.  He asked, what are you doing, I said rearranging all of the Updyke magazines.  I'd take a stack and walk around, putting them all over the place, behind stuff, on top of racks, underneath racks....then I'd go back and grab a few more.  AAAGGGHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
This one time, not at band camp, I was getting my prescriptions filled and talking to Jumbo.  He asked, what are you doing, I said rearranging all of the Updyke magazines.  I'd take a stack and walk around, putting them all over the place, behind stuff, on top of racks, underneath racks....then I'd go back and grab a few more.  AAAGGGHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Straight Gangsta'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.