Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What if the statue were made of green cheese? Would you eat it?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
What if the statue were made of green cheese? Would you eat it?
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/115534334.html

Harry Caray statue at Wrigley Field vandalized
The statue outside Wrigley Field of legendary Chicago Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray has been vandalized.

CHICAGO (AP) -- The statue outside Wrigley Field of legendary Chicago Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray has been vandalized.

Cubs spokesman Peter Chase says most of the white spray paint that appeared on Sunday has been removed. The graffiti said "Sox" and a second, illegible word. Chase says the team is trying to find out any details about the defacement.

It's not the first time the bronze statue has been vandalized. Chicago police removed a dead goat carcass found hanging around it in October 2007.

The statue previously was at Sheffield Avenue and Addison Street. But it was moved to make room for a new statue of Cubs Hall of Famer Billy Williams. Now the Harry Caray statue is outside the entrance to Wrigley Field's bleachers. It was rededicated at the spot in September.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: What if the statue were made of green cheese? Would you eat it?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:23 AM »
A dead goat carcass? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: What if the statue were made of green cheese? Would you eat it?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 09:32:23 AM »
A dead goat carcass? Really?

Where would we find a goat in Chicago?  At this time of night?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.