Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Playing without a Chubb

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Playing without a Chubb
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
 :facepalm:

Rob Chubb, who has started 16 games at center, was suspended indefinitely for an undisclosed violation of team rules. He won’t be allowed to participate in team activities during the suspension.

The 6-foot-10 sophomore, who averaged 8.1 points and 4.1 rebounds, was coming off a career-high 18-point performance at South Carolina and was one of the few legitimate post players on Barbee’s undersized roster.

“We were starting to gain a nice rhythm with Rob. He was starting to become an offensive threat,” Barbee said.

Junior college transfer Adrian Forbes replaced Chubb in the starting lineup but finished with 1 point and 1 rebound in 24 minutes Thursday.

Sophomore forward Ty Armstrong, meanwhile, is still getting back in playing shape after returning from offseason knee surgery. He played 13 minutes against Tennessee and scored 3 points.

Chubb’s absence will be even more glaring against 6-foot-10 Georgia forward Trey Thompkins, who is sixth in the SEC with 16.8 points a game and 10th with 7.5 rebounds. Without Chubb, Auburn didn’t have a big body to put on Tennessee center Brian Williams, who finished with 15 points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Playing without a Chubb
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
Tony needs one of those little blue pills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
De. Ja. Vu.

Once we get some players...I'm telling you...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Junior college transfer Adrian Forbes replaced Chubb in the starting lineup but finished with 1 point and 1 rebound in 24 minutes Thursday.

You have to really try to only get one rebound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »

45   Adrian Forbes   Forward   6-8   230   JR   Spanish Town, Jamaica (Trinity Valley (Texas) CC)

He's 6'8" and got one fucking rebound?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »
45   Adrian Forbes   Forward   6-8   230   JR   Spanish Town, Jamaica (Trinity Valley (Texas) CC)

He's 6'8" and got one fucking rebound?

Go easy on him. 
This is probably his first year of organized ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »
Sounds like we're gonna need a pump for the rest of the season...

http://www2.oanow.com/sports/2011/feb/07/16/auburn-center-suspended-faces-four-charges-ar-1433642/

Auburn center suspended, faces four charges

Auburn center Rob Chubb has been suspended from the team indefinitely according to head coach Tony Barbee.

By Donathan Prater and David Morrison
Published: February 07, 2011
Updated: February 07, 2011 - 11:41 AM
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment

Auburn University basketball player Robert Chubb, who was suspended from the team last week, was arrested by Auburn city police Jan. 30 and faces four charges.

Chubb has been charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, attempting to elude a police officer and resisting arrest. According to police, Chubb faces an April 7 date in Auburn Municipal Court.

He was arrested at 1:47 a.m. Jan. 30 at Genelda Avenue at Thomas Street, according to a police report.

Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones said Chubb was released later that day on $1,800 bond -- $500 each for disorderly conduct, attempting to elude an office and resisting arrest, and $300 for public intoxication.

Chubb, a 6-foot-10 sophomore center from Peachtree City, Ga., averaged 8.1 points and 4.1 rebounds in the Tigers’ first 21 games.

He scored a career-high 18 points against South Carolina in Columbia, S.C., the afternoon before his arrest.

Chubb had been suspended indefinitely from all team activities for an unspecified violation of team rules before Thursday’s loss to Tennessee.

"Disappointed in Rob," Barbee said after the game. "He’s suspended from all team activities. That’s all the detail I’m going into."

Barbee echoed those sentiments during Monday's SEC coaches teleconference, saying, "He's still suspended at this point. He's suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules and he's still supsended from all activities at this point."

Attempts to reach Chubb for comment Monday have been unsuccessful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
Go easy on him. 
This is probably his first year of organized ball.

Or he's 6'8" with afro.  He truly defines grace under pressure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
And the beat goes on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Or he's 6'8" with afro.  He truly defines grace under pressure.

Look how he shakes off four or five defenders with ease.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

Apparently the police wasn't trying to scare him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 01:37:56 AM »
Look how he shakes off four or five defenders with ease.

We need to sign Fletch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »
Apparently the police wasn't trying to scare him.

He tripped and fell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 12:27:15 AM »

I once played on an intramural team at juco.  One game scored 72 points and as a team had 44 rebounds.  We didn't keep up with assists and steals. 

Eight players on the team.  All eight played at least a few minutes.  Three of us played the entire game.

Our statline? 

6' 9" ball hog we recruited after he'd been kicked off the varsity for discipline issues: 72 points, 44 rebounds.

The remainder of us: 0 points, 0 rebounds. 

I took one shot.  He blocked it.  My own teammate blocked my shot. Glared at me. Got his own rebound, dunked with two hands and then yelled at us that all we were supposed to do was feed him the ball. 

We walked off the court at halftime of the championship game and let him try it one on five.  He almost won. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
I once played on an intramural team at juco.  One game scored 72 points and as a team had 44 rebounds.  We didn't keep up with assists and steals. 

Eight players on the team.  All eight played at least a few minutes.  Three of us played the entire game.

Our statline? 

6' 9" ball hog we recruited after he'd been kicked off the varsity for discipline issues: 72 points, 44 rebounds.

I took one shot.  He blocked it.  My own teammate blocked my shot. Glared at me. Got his own rebound, dunked with two hands and then yelled at us that all we were supposed to do was feed him the ball. 

We walked off the court at halftime of the championship game and let him try it one on five.  He almost won.

I am not sure if that shit is true...but it's funny as hell...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

Our statline? 

Mitch Cumstein?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
Night putting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
I am not sure if that shit is true...but it's funny as hell...

The 44 rebounds might be off. But he did have all 72 points that game.  That's burned to memory. Most of the time the other four on the floor would hang around mid court.  He'd grab the defensive board, throw it to one of us and hurry to the other end.  Our job was to feed him as he went in for a dunk or lay in. 

Dribble a couple of steps and draw a glare.  Try to penetrate and he'd defend you himself.  Dude wanted to show the coach he'd made a huge mistake by cutting him.  Thought he could play his way back from intramurals and into the good graces.  Fail. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.