Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watched Some of The Films

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Watched Some of The Films
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
I know most have probably seen them but on Auburns Official Website (AWK posted a link on NSD) they have all the new players pics and film on each one.  Haven't watched them all and I know these are highlites of the best plays but damn.....

The one that made me jump jump the most was Kris Frost.  Wow. Not saying he's the next Little Ball of Hate bust, but I recall the film on Blackmon and the way Frost pursues is just like that.  And when he arrives, he brings a lot of pain with him.  Made a ton of interceptions and you can tell he knows what he's doing out there.  Have no idea how he'll do at this level but on film anyway, he's a wild man.

Very impressed with Jabrian Niles.  Listed at 260 and I can only imagine him at 280+.  Time after time he just comes off the ball and blows shit up.  Very quick and powerful off the ball.  Sorry for the comparison but he reminds me little of Marcel Dareus.  I'm going that way and you can't stop me.

Angelo Blackson's film really surprised me.  The biggest question is what level of competition was he playing against.  Have no idea but whatever it was, he owned it.  I was surprised because about 75% of the time, he was standing up and looked to be playing middle LB some and outside LB or stand up DE.  At 6'5" 295.  Like Niles, he seemed to enjoy blowing shit up.

Jaylon Denson was the other one that stood out.  Big, fast and smooth WR and made those highlites against 6A competition.  What was unique about the footage is they showed him blocking in about 10 of the clips.  Not great plays or anything, just showing how he got after it blocking too.

Just some observations from an armchair QB.  Worth the look if you haven't already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Watched Some of The Films
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »
Okay...let me now add Gabe Wright to the list.  Holy Nick Fairley Batman.  Let me just say, if you haven't watched that film...go now.  But make sure you carry something to clean up with.  If you don't jizz your pants on that video, you ain't ALL IN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
Can you put up the link again, I can't seem to find it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
Forgot who posted it, but someone who watched him play, said that Blackson plays with authority and dominates souls.

Here is an article about their schedule and competition.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100620/SPORTS14/6200347/Red-Lion-Christian-Academy-football-loads-schedule-with-powerhouses
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
Can you put up the link again, I can't seem to find it

It's the official Auburn University Athletics website.  It's on the front page as the pics scroll by. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Oh shit.  Jermaine Whitehead.  Oh shit!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:08:09 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
I see Jermaine playing on Offense.  He's fast as fuck.

Robenson Therezie is going to hurt some WRs in the upcoming seasons (think Mike McNurra hitting Darius Hanks, SPuat receiver.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »
I still say Frazier is off the fucking chain. Buried a few pages back is the video I posted of Kiehl Frazier in Ark state championship this year coming back from 33-0. This sombitch is a bad mofo! Damn, I am very cited bout dis class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
I think some of these folks still use betamax.  Whitehead be a fast mofo....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
If y'all wanna see the gem of next year's signing class check out a RB coming outta Oklahoma.  You'll know who I'm talking about when you see his name pop up, Auburn has already extended an offer to him.  He is a Bad Ass Mutha Fucka.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:56 AM »
The state of Alabama is going to be very talent rich next year.  We should have another top 3 class.

It will be what you call...a target rich environment
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:48:44 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:31 AM »
I wanted Kris Frost this year, we got him.  Next year I want this guy, the best RB in the Country......

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:14 AM »
Fuck da' hatahs.  I'm intrawebz impaired.  I admit it.  Now go check out Gabe Wright and tell me Auburn's future isn't rock solid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
I wanted Kris Frost this year, we got him.  Next year I want this guy, the best RB in the Country......

Aside from a few plays, he ran through some huge fuckin holes.  I have heard this kid is good, but I have also heard he gets a lot of credit because of his name. Apparently his dad was some kind of NFL player, I think.

and yes i'm kidding about the last part
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:58:32 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
Aside from a few plays, he ran through some huge fuckin holes.  I have heard this kid is good, but I have also heard he gets a lot of credit because of his name. Apparently his dad was some kind of NFL player, I think.

and yes i'm kidding about the last part

I haven't seen a RB hit a hole like that in a long time.  I don't give a fuck what anyone else says, this mutha fucker is a Bad Ass RB.  I don't care if his name was Mark Pera, I want him at Auburn....and that's saying something, because everytime I hear Mark Pera's name, I punch something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
I've been known to hit the hole pretty hard myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
I've been known to hit the hole pretty hard myself.

Why hate on putt putt golf courses?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »
Why hate on putt putt golf courses?

Think of your happy place
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions