Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Whitehead: Auburn's appeal hard to deny

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110203/SPORTS06/102030339/1287/SPORTS/Whitehead-Auburn-s-appeal-hard-to-deny
The Clarion-Ledger • February 3, 2011

Amanda Elzy defensive back Jermaine Whitehead admits he was a bit leery about taking a recruiting visit to Auburn last weekend.

No, it wasn't that he wasn't interested.

It was actually just the opposite.

"I didn't want to take the visit because I knew it was a good place and I knew how good it could be," said Whitehead. "I was trying to make myself stay in the state and play with (Ole Miss signees) Donte Moncrief and C.J. Johnson and all of them. I actually tried to act stubborn when I went on the visit to Auburn, but after I went I knew it was the best place for me. I couldn't deny it."

Whitehead, No. 5 on The Clarion-Ledger's Ten Most Wanted List, made his choice official on Wednesday in an assembly in front of the entire student body. After a short speech, he chose the Auburn cap instead of the Mississippi State and Ole Miss caps that were beside it.

His decision was perhaps the biggest news of the day among high school signees in the state.

Whitehead originally committed to Mississippi State, but then de-committed. As Signing Day got closer, many expected he would sign with Ole Miss. Instead he chose Auburn, six hours away from his hometown of Greenwood.

"It was a tough decision because I was thinking I wanted to stay in the state," said the 6-foot, 185-pound Whitehead. "But once I took the lines off the map, Auburn was the best school for me. I think Sunday was the first time that I felt 100 percent about it. It felt perfect."

Auburn coach Gene Chizik, who led the Tigers to the national championship in January, gave Whitehead a call as soon as he received the fax.

"He told me that I made him the happiest man in the SEC," said Whitehead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Whitehead: Auburn's appeal hard to deny
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
So....who wants beer and women this afternoon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

I do, I do, Ido....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Anyone else thing that Whitehead looks like Boobie Miles from FNL?  Me and a co-worker have been calling him Boobie for the past couple of weeks when we talk about him.

Now officially my favorite recruit from this class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 02:31:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
Who's buying?

I got the beer if any of you guys can get de wimminzez
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
I got the beer if any of you guys can get de wimminzez

There is probably some booty shakers from the other side of town that I could probably get for next to nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
There is probably some booty shakers from the other side of town that I could probably get for next to nothing.

They're free if you have schlitz or wild irish rose. Trust me. Trust snaggle too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »

True story (Unlike the others I tell) Several years back, they had a big prostitution ring bust here in Dothan.  Pics and everything in the paper the next day....good gawd.....everyone of them would have made the People of Wal Mart website.  EEEeeeeeccckk.  Anywho, there was one undercover lady cop posing as a hooker and this guy comes calling but doesn't have any money.  She can't bust him and sends him away...but he comes back....with an offer. 

A couple of squirrels he kilt and an old washing machine he had in the back of his truck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »

<raises hand>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
True story (Unlike the others I tell) Several years back, they had a big prostitution ring bust here in Dothan.  Pics and everything in the paper the next day....good gawd.....everyone of them would have made the People of Wal Mart website.  EEEeeeeeccckk.  Anywho, there was one undercover lady cop posing as a hooker and this guy comes calling but doesn't have any money.  She can't bust him and sends him away...but he comes back....with an offer. 

A couple of squirrels he kilt and an old washing machine he had in the back of his truck.

HAHAHAHAHA....

Tell us another!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »

So a couple of squirrels if she throws squirrel?

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
So a couple of squirrels if she throws squirrel?

Got it.

:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
Anyone else thing that Whitehead looks like Boobie Miles from FNL?  Me and a co-worker have been calling him Boobie for the past couple of weeks when we talk about him.

Now officially my favorite recruit from this class.
Well, lets hope he doesn't blow out his knee too. He's gone old school with that flat top fade.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions